• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
Of course. Nowhere did I say that's not how change happens. What do you think I'm even saying? I said "it sucks" for a reason.

Where did I say it was ok? Nowhere did I say it was "futile" either.

What?

Can you find where I said we should ignore how terrible of a person she is? I even said it sucks in my post. You need to relax and stop assuming I'm saying people need to lie down when the reality is I said "well she went through all of this stuff, I doubt this'll be the thing that does her in, this sucks." Nowhere did I say you don't need to voice your complaints nor did I say you don't need to try so I'm wondering where you're coming from.

Dudes really be on edge on this forum just because you don't say what they want you to say. Me saying "well shit hasn't worked in the past and it sucks" doesn't mean "damn you need to not care and lie down." There's a reason why the first thing I said is "I get it."
Your post was certainly read as 'well, there's nothing else to do if folks like it'.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Some of the replies in this thread is worse than the shit ya'll are upset with her over.

You guys are at an 11 and need to bring it down to a 5. It's cool to disagree with someone's views or not want them representing a character you love but jesus fuck go take a break from the net for a day or two.

Ronda fits the mold for Sonya. That's my opinion. Deal with it.
So ignoring everything in this disgusting post you ignore the domestic abuse.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Some of the replies in this thread is worse than the shit ya'll are upset with her over.

You guys are at an 11 and need to bring it down to a 5. It's cool to disagree with someone's views or not want them representing a character you love but jesus fuck go take a break from the net for a day or two.

That's a bad opinion.

There, dealt with! Wasn't too hard.

Average people like to emulate famous people. Ronda Rousey is a famous person. Ronda Rousey is a transphobe. People will emulate her transphobia. Transphobes hurt trans people, physically or mentally. By limiting her exposure, maybe less people will learn her views, adopt her views, and then act on those views.

It's pretty basic stuff.

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
I'm saying just stop using Hades, the character.

i would agree with you here honestly. my friend was at a panel recently with the guy that voices Goofy for the US Kingdom Hearts VAs. what was illuminating about this was that the Japanese writing staff basically pick EVERYTHING and write the entire script with the Japanese VAs in mind-- the US localization is basically an afterthought down to their unwillingness to resync mouth animations to spoken dialogue. i would imagine the Japanese staff know next to nothing about James Woods Twitter shit. ignorance isn't an excuse but.....

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Literally cancelled the preorder I had just placed yesterday after hearing this announcement. She can fuck right off. Let's not forget that in addition to being an atrocious person she's also a terrible actor. Obviously her being a terrible person is more important but my point is that this is just an across the board terrible move on Netherrealm's part.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017

Some of the replies are worse than being transphobic or denying the deaths of children?

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Your opinion is bad and you should feel bad.

Ronda is a piece of shit and she ruined a fan favourite. Fuck the people who made the decision to hire someone evil like Ronda.

Se_7_eN

Oct 25, 2017
Jason Voorhees murdered teenagers but at least he never retweeted fucking Sandy Hook truther bullshit with a follow up non-apology.
DON'T YOU DARE BRING JASON INTO THIS!

In all seriousness, is this constant rotation of character Voice Actors and models the reason we can't take any Mortal Kombat characters seriously?

(Other than them dying all the time)

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
Suprised and disappointed with NeatherRealm, they dropped Adam Baldwin from Injustice after all the gamergate shit so why are they hiring somebody like Rousey?

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
Not trying to push aside what she said, but is there a source where she corroborates the Sandy Hook comments today? I know six years ago when that tragedy happened a lot of people were looking into conspiracy theories to help explain such a tragedy, it was comforting to feel it was maybe all a lie. It's a disgusting view point to have though, but I know some good people that went down that rabbit hole just because they were scared.

(not a fan of hers however)

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if the game will have a feature where if you beat Sonya badly enough she leaves the game and joins Soul Calibur

Iscariot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You know what else endangers peoples lives? Letting someone who went through puberty with testosterone (meaning a larger frame, greater bone density, larger skull / hand / feet size and stronger grip than a woman), strike a woman in the head with their fists, elbows, knees and feet in MMA (or any other combat sport).

My partner is a trans woman and I hate Rousey for what it's worth but the argument that trans woman should be allowed to fight cis gender woman is absurd.

Her Sandy Hook stuff is also disgusting.

I agree with you. I think Rousey expressed her objection in a gross way which was transphobic, but I don't think the objection itself was.

Indelible

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Very surprised they went with Rousey, she is a horrible actress and her views are disgusting. I won't be picking up the game until it gets a deep discount and includes all of the DLC characters.

StealthieOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dfw
So ignoring everything in this disgusting post you ignore the domestic abuse.

Are we reading the same stuff? Or. You're ok with the ex boyfriend not letting her leave.... Not letting her leave could be considered kidnapping. Even when she got in her car.. He got in and she had to drag him out... How is it her fault he wouldn't let her leave no matter what she did.. What am i missing?

TheMango55

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Well at least now I know that I'll need to avoid throwing punches if I'm playing as Sonya

giphy.gif

EDIT: Beaten on page 3.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
There's like 4 or 5 MK threads that have nothing to do with Ronda's BS being filled up with Rhondas BS. That's annoying. They're not gonna remove her from the game just because we don't like her
Yes its all because we dont like....

They chose to used her as a VA they going to have to deal with the backlash thats how its going to be.She is part of the game so it will get discuss blame them and no one else.

StealthieOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dfw
You know what else endangers peoples lives? Letting someone who went through puberty with testosterone (meaning a larger frame, greater bone density, larger skull / hand / feet size and stronger grip than a woman), strike a woman in the head with their fists, elbows, knees and feet in MMA (or any other combat sport).

My partner is a trans woman and I hate Rousey for what it's worth but the argument that trans woman should be allowed to fight cis gender woman is absurd.

Her Sandy Hook stuff is also disgusting.

Well said

MlbGeo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Poor decision by NRS/WB and those who say "bu- bu- sales!" are completely missing the point and no clue what this means in the long-term.
It means nothing long term. They'll get the extra sales from her being attached and in a few years when mk12 comes out it'll be a different voice actress and nobody will remember this because y'all will have come up with a thousand other things to be outraged and upset about by then.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
He rested his case, so yes, they are
Damn, you're right. He provided some incredibly strong proof as well so I guess it's all over.
There's like 4 or 5 MK threads that have nothing to do with Ronda's BS being filled up with Rhondas BS. That's annoying. They're not gonna remove her from the game just because we don't like her
If you put somebody who's a terrible person in your game then people aren't going to just drop that, and they shouldn't.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
It means nothing long term. They'll get the extra sales from her being attached and in a few years when mk12 comes out it'll be a different voice actress and nobody will remember this because y'all will have come up with a thousand other things to be outraged and upset about by then.
Yes who would be upset about a domestic abuser being use as a VA in a game we are just being silly right?

DatManOvaDer

Oct 25, 2017
If a company willing chooses someone who thinks the deaths of kindergarteners is fake, then people don't have to come up with anything

Oct 25, 2017
Southern California
Why didn't they stick with the original voice cast?

Are they just replacing people for celebrity value?

Even ignoring that the new voice actress is apparently a piece of crap that's still a really shitty thing to do.

I completely agree. They had good VAs for Scorpion, Kitana/Mileena, and Sonya, so why take that away. I'm guessing it was a WB thing and perhaps related to the VA strike. It is still sad. šŸ˜¢