• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

AcclaimedAltruisticAnt-small.gif

giphy.gif

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
The dude played for Madrid, Barca, Inter, AC and I don't think I have seen any of those fans hating him. šŸ

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
Well I'm glad you said this Ronaldo over the other one but the answer is still Messi.

Oct 27, 2017
You can tell by this thread who has started watching football in the last decade.

Cristiano is a great goal scorer. But Brazilian Ronaldo was better to watch and just a better player. He just got killed by injuries and his numbers are impressive for a era where refs let anything go and he played in a era where there were better defenders.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Skill wise, that move can be done by virtually any player past the age of 7. It is like one of the first things they teach kids. Doing it in game effectively a different story but someone of the moves Ronaldo has you can't do even without a defender around.
It's named after him lol, and it's not like this is the only thing he was able to do.

CenaToon

Oct 25, 2017
Fat Ronaldo was something else. Top 3 in history of football's number 9s.

When i talk about Ronaldo i always recommend this vid

The man basically was agile like a gazelle and the potency of a truck.

Edit: That goal to Atletico Madrid in the first 20 seconds of the game.... HHHHHHNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGG

FuturusX

Oct 28, 2017
Not one lie detected at all. We'll never see a player like him again. And if you don't know...now you know suckers.

Excuse me

Oct 30, 2017
Great player. I'm still gonna go with Messi. But personal favorite will always be Ronaldinho. Him and Ronaldo did some amazing things wearing that Brazil jersey <3

ZuSAA7n.gif

Ronaldinho - Football's Greatest Entertainment

edit. let's make it less gif heavy.

Last edited:

Graven

Oct 30, 2018
The highest height from all the players i saw, shame his career was plagued by injuries. He was an artist.

Ryu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Messi is so overrated omfg.. Messi is constant, yes, a genie, but nowhere as good as prime Ronaldo. Ronaldo was a beast, literally. He was like the 8 gates Rock Lee that went full charge and with that destroyed his body early on.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017

Hazzuh

Oct 28, 2017
Ronaldo is the 2nd best player in the time I've watched football (after Messi).

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
No comment on who the best player of all time is, but man old soccer/futballs look like bowling balls in older videos. Now the balls seem to move in the air like a ballon with a hole in it.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Yeah when I was growing up it was Ronaldo and Ronaldinho who were the two players loads of us playing football on the field at school wanted to be like. He's definitely up there, absolute beast in his prime. Wouldn't say there's any one single greatest talent in football, there's so much to the game that you could never pick one player, but Ronaldo's definitely among the top top tier I'd say.

fossi8

One Winged Slayer
Apr 22, 2018
Messi
Pele
Ronaldo
Cristiano
Zidane
Ronaldinho

In that order.

nitewulf

Nov 29, 2017

"My toughest opponent? Scholes of Manchester. He is the complete midfielder. Scholes is undoubtedly the greatest midfielder of his generation" ā€“ Zinedine Zidane

* I was going to post gifs, but there were too many, so I gave you video instead.

That just means Zidane has good taste, unlike you. Going by club achievements Henry or Bergkamp are top 10 as well. Yet they didn't win world cups or champions leagues titles with wonder goals. Scholes achieved even less.

Oct 27, 2017
My favourite ever footballer.

He had skill for days, but my absolute favourite thing about Ronaldo was when he didn't bother with them. When he'd just blast through defenders with raw speed and power and nobody could do anything about it.

He had all the speed and natural ability you associate with a modern wide player with the build and stature of a classic, old school centre forward. He was as perfect a player for his position as the games ever seen in my opinion.

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Truenaldo was the peak scorer. He also gave us fatsos hope lol

Dinho was the purest magic, pity he peaked young and then he went to shit, but well, it was amazing while it lasted

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
One of the greatest....sad injuries screwed him.

Messi is the better and more complete player though - there is pretty much nothing he can do. +10 years in and and on a good day he can still dictate the whole game. The more impressive looking and playful dribbling of brasilian players like Ronaldo, Ronaldinho or Neymar look great in highlight reels.....Messis Dribblings are less fancy but usually much more effective.

Playing with and absorbing skills from players like Eto, Iniesta, Xavi, Ronaldinho, Deco and co. - there isn't much he can't do.

mehm

Oct 27, 2017
club goals before age of 23

Ronaldo ā€“ 194
Raul ā€“ 145
Lionel Messi ā€“ 127
Sergio Aguero ā€“ 124
Romelu Lukaku ā€“ 119
Michael Owen ā€“ 111
Cristiano Ronaldo ā€“ 97
Fernando Torres ā€“ 87
Wayne Rooney ā€“ 94
Luis Suarez ā€“ 77
David Villa ā€“ 70
Zlatan Ibrahimovic ā€“ 69
Alan Shearer ā€“ 65
Thierry Henry ā€“ 57

yeah, it's not even a contest

GolazoDan

Oct 25, 2017
"X is the greatest ever" conversations with footballers are always pointless because the debate's only really fair when you consider the players in their respective eras. Football looks completely different from decade to decade even if you might not notice it. It's kinda scary.

With that said, it's the duty of anyone who saw original Ronaldo in his prime to educate the youngsters. An absolute machine. I remember being deeply scared of him when United played Madrid back in the day (and with good reason). The only other striker that scared me like that was Gabriel Batistuta (also with good reason). Even when his knees went he was capable of incredible moments of magic. There's a lot of Brazilian players of the 1990s and 2000s who it's easy to feel bittersweet about because their careers were tainted by injury and/or the Rio Carnival but Ronaldo was never like that. He was that good, no injuries could truly taint that.

kaputt

Oct 27, 2017
Aw yes, the real and best Ronaldo. I'm a big fan.

This guy was the one that made me love soccer. I'm a Cruzeiro supporter, I remember going to the stadium as a kid watching him score every weekend, amazing times. I could already see that he was on such a different level compared to everyone else, and he was 17 years old or something.