• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Slothful

Oct 27, 2017
Empathy is selective and I choose to give it to those hurt by his words and actions more. The county he's hospitalized in has had 163 covid-related deaths- many of which died from this "hoax" at the same hospital he's at. Even this is a fraction of how many minorities he hurt with his social-service fleecing and everyone with his pro-business climate change denialism. The man has spent an entire career promoting and actively encouraging the opposite of empathy- selfish, spoiled "It's all about me! My toys!" libertarian garbage. Now that you see people with different opinions (just like the free market!) pointing out he's trash, uncaring if he lives or dies, THIS is what makes some of you clutch pearls?

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
Just FYI, no matter what someone believes in, everything, every single opinion was made from surroundings, from how a person grew up, from how a child was raised. No one is born evil.
That's not how I play this game. But have fun winning people over with this attitude. That's not how you educate people. I'll be there when the topic is about oppression etc and not about "hurr durr, we all happy because we literally wish someone death upon". Doesn't make anyone better.

Edit:
And to clarify: some people will never have the chance to get out of their tunnel vision. He is surrounded by people like him. He grew up with people like him. But the people who he grew up with made him like they are. That's literally the same story, same with you or me. Then you may have the chance to get to university and maybe it changes there, but I also see enough right wingers etc there. So it's probably hard to change this, right? And it undoubtedly is. As a teacher I just know because of the surroundings, parents etc, what probably will happen and which way this person might go. Will I do a lesser job just because I know that child might be, growing up, supporting something different, because I can't even agree with the parents? Hell no. Especially if you get older, you more and more easily fall back to old patterns. If it would be oh so easy, whole of america would be progressive and liberal by now. But oh see there, it isn't. But why? But I'm sure your tactic works, the same as with vote blaming. It's either their death or ours right?

At what point does a person take agency for their own racism? We as minorities don't have time or energy to feel bad for racist white people because they may have learned it from their parents, as nepotism allows them to manipulate the very cogs of the system which are designed to continue our ruin but your continued favor.

The difference is you can sigh over the conundrum, but we simply get fucked over by it, generation over generation. These hundreds of years later, I'll be honest, it's white people's fault that racism is still the ruling party, not ours. Maybe it's time for the moderate white to wake up and realize what we know, that it is this way by design, not accident. Until YOU get combative with tearing down these walls, nothing will change. Are you tired of racism yet? Do something about it when black people are sitting down.

"Have fun winning people over with this attitude", you say. Yep, that's exactly where the ruling class want you to stay. On the sidelines trying to "make change without ruffling feathers", AKA doing absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Keep talking down to people whose lives are actually on the line every day, about what works though. I'm sure you've swayed a veritable horde of our enemies by saying things no one can hear.

Keywork

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder Ron is using Medicare to cover this? He probably is, just like his idol Ayn Rand used the very social services she built a whole career on ranting against in her old age. These people are so fucking two-faced. I can't believe I was once swept up in the Ron Paul Fever back in 2004. Granted I was a dumb college kid who was only being fed the "good" aspects of Ron, like his ending of wars and eliminating the war on drugs.

Oct 28, 2017
Siloam Springs
I wonder Ron is using Medicare to cover this? He probably is, just like his idol Ayn Rand used the very social services she built a whole career on ranting against in her old age. These people are so fucking two-faced. I can't believe I was once swept up in the Ron Paul Fever back in 2004. Granted I was a dumb college kid who was only being fed the "good" aspects of Ron, like his ending of wars and eliminating the war on drugs.

This reminds me of how the conversatives I know can be backed into a corner when I can get them to say, "Well, everyone hates social services until they need them."

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
I just feel they are on the same side of the coin of people celebrating RBG's death. It comes across a bit morbid. Legacy vs act of death discussion.

Sure if you pretend there's absolutely no moral difference between a white supremacist libertarian misogynist and a liberal Supreme Court Justice

Pelleas

Oct 28, 2017

I usually don't bother posting if someone else already stated what I planned to, but seriously, must be goddamn nice to be getting well using the healthcare service this miserable fuck has been trying to take from millions of poor people.

Hope his piece-of-shit son is next.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
My grandfather had a stroke and suffered from diabetes. He spent the last years in a wheelchair before the last stroke killed him. It was hard for him to talk.

My personal opinion is that I hope people who have chosen a profession where they are actively doing harm to others with their ideas/power get their comeuppance within the context of that profession. I won't use a person's misfortune to either lionize or demonize them. Only in the movies does the monster turn on the villain.

Oct 25, 2017
Hey white liberals if you ever wonder why everyone knows from jump that you're fucking useless and weak just look at this thread.

Davilmar

Oct 27, 2017
Not offering condolences = wishing them to die. Sure, however that works

nah, what's fucking psycho is how so many of y'all claim to "support" us but wanna offer warm wishes to our oppressors to get healthy again

That's what's fucking psycho

You see it right now

Just proved the post aboves point

it's impressive how you all conflate not offering condolences to wishing death.

I click this page to see people offering "well wishes" to a fucking open oppresser of my people.
and you have the fucking nerve to come at me about tut tutting

Ah yes, because I refuse to have empathy and well wishes for trash bag who denigrated my people throughout his career means I do not understand and lack it completely in all regards

What a white ass thought process

You have 0 skin in the game

Thank you so much for these responses. I didn't even want to respond initially since I didn't want to give mods another excuse to ban me from something. I have not one bone of empathy for Ron Paul or his family. Let him rot.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
I think Trump will be an exception to the rule, just like with any dictator who has harmed millions of people. Mods won't ban people for being happy that day.

Oh-shit-Im-okay.gif

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
What does this even mean.
It means y'all were more concerned with meaningless gestures of goodwill than of maintaining a welcoming environment for minorities that you trampled over black people to wish a white supremacist good health.

Y'all got extremely mad at a member for tepidly reminding you that Paul is a white supremacist, which is not against the "spirit of the thread" nor the TOS.

Y'all have been arguing with black people rightfully upset that you all are wishing a white supremacist well, turning us into the enemy.

You have defensively construed this justified upset and the mere apathy to Paul as wanting to wish Paul a painful death in a stunning display of a false binary and strawman arguments.

Many assumed that people who didn't care about Paul didn't have a personal history with strokes, and that they were coming from a position of privilege. That's funny; black people are notorious for having cardiovascular issues, mainly because we're so stressed by living in a fucked-up world run by whites all the time.

Throughout all of this, only one member has apologized. The rest either scurried off, or have tried to argue "bu-bu-bu no one meant any harm" as if black people are supposed to treat grown-ass whites like children every time they throw themselves on the sword of the status quo at the expense of the minorities they supposedly care about.

And what pisses me off more is that y'all had the audacity to argue. It's clear the forum collectively know fuck all about Paul's white supremacy, and even less about black people, but you still got defensive, almost like you were offended that we came in and set the record straight. Imagine the gall, the arrogance, of being offended when people who know better than you correct you, instead of just shutting the fuck up to listen.

That is a facet of white supremacy, by the way. Of looking at a bunch of black people collectively banding together for a cause and getting mad about it.

This thread was an easy slam dunk for solidarity and maybe even a learning experience, and y'all failed to an extent that would make the Clippers balk. When it comes to decorum over justice, liberals will consistently choose decorum every time.

Don't none of y'all show up to the next march. We don't need fucking ops in the crowd.

Robotnik

Nov 3, 2017
Strokes are scary. I think actually seeing a human monster have one live on camera makes it hard for some to not feel empathetic.

We should not decry that empathy, but neither should we blame those who lack it.

Aug 30, 2020
Strokes are scary. I think actually seeing a human monster have one live on camera makes it hard for some to not feel empathetic.

We should not decry that empathy, but neither should we blame those who lack it.

This is how I feel about it. I watched because it was Ron Paul, but it makes me feel bad for the human condition & others who have suffered strokes.

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck off. We have empathy we have more empathy than you all will understand in your empty fucking lives we live with a pain and history you will never, ever understand and we move forward in spite of it. I will not issue a show of support to those that have made it a mission to hurt my people.

This man will receive the best treatment, the best care in part because he has profited off our bodies, he has profited from the suffering of people he will never even know. How many black people have suffered strokes and been left to rot inadequate facilities with no hope of recourse or recovery but you all hold peace in your hearts for this truly truly awful white man

I hate you people
You are all truly the worst

Vanillalite

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It means y'all were more concerned with meaningless gestures of goodwill than of maintaining a welcoming environment for minorities that you trampled over black people to wish a white supremacist good health.

I mean as someone who's family is part Indonesian I find this rich considering all of the times you posted in the Asian Era takeaways thread and nothing has been done about any of it.

Just you posting meaningless gestures of goodwill rather than maintaining a welcome environment for Asian minorities.

Era has an empathy problem. No, I'm not talking about the people correctly pointing out that Paul is an abusive PoS, the posters who have an almost fetishistic desire to talk down to minority groups that have suffered at the hands of great cruelty for the sake of maintaining a false veneer of civility that is only afforded to those upholding white supremacy.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
Era has an empathy problem. No, I'm not talking about the people correctly pointing out that Paul is an abusive PoS, the posters who have an almost fetishistic desire to talk down to minority groups that have suffered at the hands of great cruelty for the sake of maintaining a false veneer of civility that is only afforded to those upholding white supremacy.

I agree with you but I also think the innate human condition of caring for others, trying to find goodness in situations/people, taking the high road, or whatever you want to call it, is not something to be faulted. Our better natures are not the reason Ron Paul is who he is.

Robotnik

Nov 3, 2017
Fuck off. We have empathy we have more empathy than you all will understand in your empty fucking lives we live with a pain and history you will never, ever understand and we move forward in spite of it. I will not issue a show of support to those that have made it a mission to hurt my people.

This man will receive the best treatment, the best care in part because he has profited off our bodies, he has profited from the suffering of people he will never even know. How many black people have suffered strokes and been left to rot inadequate facilities with no hope of recourse or recovery but you all hold peace in your hearts for this truly truly awful white man

I hate you people
You are all truly the worst
I don't expect you to care that this monster had a stroke, I don't blame you for your anger even if I can't fully understand it as a white dude. I don't blame you for being mad at people for talking down to others for rejoicing in him having a stroke.
Strokes are just scary. That's my viewpoint. It's not exactly nuanced.

Deleted member 2210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean as someone who's family is part Indonesian I find this rich considering all of the times you posted in the Asian Era takeaways thread and nothing has been done about any of it.

Just you posting meaningless gestures of goodwill rather than maintaining a welcome environment for Asian minorities.

Which part? Your Paternal or Maternal side?

malyse

Community Resetter

Whataboutism, also known as whataboutery, is a variant of the tu quoque logical fallacy that attempts to discredit an opponent's position by charging them with hypocrisy without directly refuting or disproving their argument. Whataboutism is particularly associated with Soviet and Russian propaganda.

also, I'll note that "family is part Indonesian != I am part Indonesian." I mean, spouses exist after all.

Vanillalite

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Whataboutism, also known as whataboutery, is a variant of the tu quoque logical fallacy that attempts to discredit an opponent's position by charging them with hypocrisy without directly refuting or disproving their argument. Whataboutism is particularly associated with Soviet and Russian propaganda.

Racism is prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular racial or ethnic group, typically one that is a minority or marginalized.

We tried in other threads, but nothing has been done and half of Asian Era left. So instead of just protesting when it's convenient in other threads I'm doing it here where others can see. Unless this isn't a good place for this, and we should only protest in our little safe havens where it's nice and doesn't effect other posters.

UltimateHigh

Oct 25, 2017
Imagery like this is likely to provoke an empathy response of some kind, particularly if you've dealt first-hand with something similar (my father, he came through fine. very resilient).

But then you snap back to your senses because I don't suddenly stop finding this man abhorrent simply because he had a medical issue.

Desparadina

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine wishing a white supremacist good health. I'm supposed to believe these people in the thread actually give a shit about minorities when they talk down to them for not wanting to fucking care about this horrendous piece of shit politian. It's got a neo liberal stink to it tbh

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

What in the world are you talking about?
If you got mod beef make a another thread or something

Order

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

just curious, what have you done for black people? I guess other than jack this thread from the issue we were talking about

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017
Racism is prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular racial or ethnic group, typically one that is a minority or marginalized.

We tried in other threads, but nothing has been done and half of Asian Era left. So instead of just protesting when it's convenient in other threads I'm doing it here where others can see. Unless this isn't a good place for this, and we should only protest in our little safe havens where it's nice and doesn't effect other posters.

How about bringing this up in a thread where Black posters aren't already having a discussion about giving well wishes to well known racists, that way you aren't taking away from that discussion?

Oct 25, 2017

Ron Paul never seriously offended white libs so therefore we have to give him sympathy, if he had been a cheeto that was embarrassing on twitter then we could wish him all sorts of harm and party when he dies.

What would we do without the whites to tell us who to mourn and who to mock?

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Here is a simple question.

Would you get mad at someone for not feeling sympathy for Trump if he had a stroke?

Ron Paul's politics are just as abhorrent, racist, sexist, and harmful to the poor as Trump's after all. So why should we feel bad for him when I am sure if it was Trump there would be no sympathy?

My hunch is a lot of white dudes here got into Paul when he was a meme in the late 00's and thus have a reactive defense of him when his abhorrent horrible racist and right wing ideology gets brought up.

Deleted member 4614

Oct 25, 2017
"Everybody is a product of their environment. Therefore, nobody can control their actions and we are all doomed to suffer at the hands of others" is quite a take

etrain911

Oct 27, 2017
Ron Paul never seriously offended white libs so therefore we have to give him sympathy, if he had been a cheeto that was embarrassing on twitter then we could wish him all sorts of harm and party when he dies.

What would we do without the whites to tell us who to mourn and who to mock?
Just chiming in to say that you're one of my fav posters on this site. You're absolutely correct and thank you for doing the exhausting work of educating white libs.

Status
Not open for further replies.