• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not offering condolences = wishing them to die. Sure, however that works

nah, what's fucking psycho is how so many of y'all claim to "support" us but wanna offer warm wishes to our oppressors to get healthy again

That's what's fucking psycho

You see it right now

Just proved the post aboves point

it's impressive how you all conflate not offering condolences to wishing death.

I click this page to see people offering "well wishes" to a fucking open oppresser of my people.
and you have the fucking nerve to come at me about tut tutting

Ah yes, because I refuse to have empathy and well wishes for trash bag who denigrated my people throughout his career means I do not understand and lack it completely in all regards

What a white ass thought process

You have 0 skin in the game

Wth really.

So I'm only progressive or with you if I write how good it is that this person had a stroke. Or if someone is at least silent, but as soon as someone sends some well wishes to a person, you're out?

Just FYI, no matter what someone believes in, everything, every single opinion was made from surroundings, from how a person grew up, from how a child was raised. No one is born evil. I wish death on no one. And I 100% don't wish a stroke, cancer or anything like that on anybody. I rather have 0 skin than shout with others to wish someone death or anything relatable.

GYODX

Oct 27, 2017
"Hope he recovers" "Get Well Soon"

means the same shit.
You came into this thread complaining about people wanting to force or shame you into caring or empathizing, when really what upsets you is that anyone would offer up even the MILDEST expression of empathy and well-wishing. It's not like we're holding a fucking fund-raiser on his behalf. Again, nobody is obligated to care even a little bit, but neither is anyone obligated to stop themselves from feeling the slightest bit of empathy or to be as callous as you would want us to be.

Also, I'm a brown Puerto Rican. Raised and lived in poverty for 20+ years of my life, and lived through hurricane Maria. I very much have skin in the game.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
Jeez, that's scary to see. Since he was on air he definitely got medical attention faster than in any other situation though at least.

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
Wth really.

So I'm only progressive or with you if I write how good it is that this person had a stroke. Or if someone is at least silent, but as soon as someone sends some well wishes to a person, you're out?

Just FYI, no matter what someone believes in, everything, every single opinion was made from surroundings, from how a person grew up, from how a child was raised. No one is born evil. I wish death on no one. And I 100% don't wish a stroke, cancer or anything like that on anybody. I rather have 0 skin than shout with others to wish someone death or anything relatable.

I mean, you sound like you have 0 fucking skin involved anyway............, let me know if I'm incorrect

Wake the fuck up, Dude OPPOSED THE CIVIL RIGHTS ACT OF 1964
Paul is 85 fucking years old lmao, he's way past his birthday so idk wtf you talking about with "nobody born evil "

Paul chose to be evil in his life, hence my lack of empathy for his whole situation

Again, I posted because a lot of you goofys want wish the man well when he uhhh

OPPOSED THE CIVIL RIGHTS ACT OF 1964

but then wanna to turn to us and say Black Lives Matter

I just want everyone operating under that manner to fuck off honestly, hence why I posted

You came into this thread complaining about people wanting to force or shame you into caring or empathizing, when really what upsets you is that anyone would offer up even the MILDEST expression of empathy and well-wishing. It's not like we're holding a fucking fund-raiser on his behalf. Again, nobody is obligated to care even a little bit, but neither is anyone obligated to stop themselves from feeling the slightest bit of empathy or to be as callous as you would want us to be.

Also, I'm a brown Puerto Rican. Raised and lived in poverty for 20+ years of my life, and lived through hurricane Maria. I very much have skin in the game.

Look at what's going on in the current day.

Don't get mad at me for drawing a line in the sand. It should have been drawn a long time ago. I have 0 tolerance for anyone who's attacked my people at a systemic racial level.

Sure , people can have their opinions. But the reason I posted mind is because of how overwhelmingly people support his recovery. Fuck that.

Anyone here can call me callous, sure..... What the fuck else you expect me to be as black man with knowledge of history living thru a current civil rights struggle.

Like what do y'all really expect?

I'm glad you mentioned your skin, let's get to it..

You gonna have those well wishes when BunkerBoy stroke out? After he left your people to die? What about Stephen Miller? He wrote the plan, you want him to get better when he stroke out? What about a thread full of people hoping those two have a "speedy recover" or "get well"?

is that too much skin in the game now? If your answer is yes, fine. But I'm just telling the world that my answer will always be no

Ryu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (3 Months): Rationalizing Racism and Tone Policing Minority Members Over Multiple Posts; Prior Severe Ban for Dismissing Sexism
I mean, you sound like you have 0 fucking skin involved anyway............, let me know if I'm incorrect

Paul is 85 fucking years old lmao, he's way past his birthday so idk wtf you talking about with "nobody born evil "

Paul chose to be evil in his life, hence my lack of empathy for his whole situation

I just want everyone operating under that manner to fuck off honestly, hence why I posted

Don't get mad at me for drawing a line in the sand. It should have been drawn a long time ago. I have 0 tolerance for anyone who's attacked my people at a systemic racial level.

Sure , people can have their opinions. But the reason I posted mind is because of how overwhelmingly people support his recovery. Fuck that.

Anyone here can call me callous, sure..... What the fuck else you expect me to be as black man with knowledge of history living thru a current civil rights struggle.

You gonna have those well wishes when BunkerBoy stroke out? After he left your people to die? What about Stephen Miller? He wrote the plan, you want him to get better when he stroke out? What about a thread full of people hoping those two have a "speedy recover" or "get well"?

is that too much skin in the game now? If your answer is yes, fine. But I'm just telling the world that ot

Fine by me.
That's not how I play this game. But have fun winning people over with this attitude. That's not how you educate people. I'll be there when the topic is about oppression etc and not about "hurr durr, we all happy because we literally wish someone death upon". Doesn't make anyone better.

Edit:
And to clarify: some people will never have the chance to get out of their tunnel vision. He is surrounded by people like him. He grew up with people like him. But the people who he grew up with made him like they are. That's literally the same story, same with you or me. Then you may have the chance to get to university and maybe it changes there, but I also see enough right wingers etc there. So it's probably hard to change this, right? And it undoubtedly is. As a teacher I just know because of the surroundings, parents etc, what probably will happen and which way this person might go. Will I do a lesser job just because I know that child might be, growing up, supporting something different, because I can't even agree with the parents? Hell no. Especially if you get older, you more and more easily fall back to old patterns. If it would be oh so easy, whole of america would be progressive and liberal by now. But oh see there, it isn't. But why? But I'm sure your tactic works, the same as with vote blaming. It's either their death or ours right?

Last edited:

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
What can you even say? A stroke is such a horrible fate. I've had several family members succumb to them. It's almost a mercy if it takes you right then and there. My grand-uncle lived for a decade after his stroke and it was just horrible to see such a formerly strong man living like he did.
My grandmother had a stroke, lived for 13 years mostly bed ridden after. It really is horrible, my grandma busted her ass working and loved to go out and a bad stroke robbed her of all that, she was in her early 50s too so looking back she wasn't even old when it happened.

I'm glad the video isn't linked here, I don't want to see it.

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
Fine by me.
That's not how I play this game. But have fun winning people over with this attitude. That's not how you educate people. I'll be there when the topic is about oppression etc and not about "hurr durr, we all happy because we literally wish someone death upon". Doesn't make anyone better.

I do not give a fuck about winning people over. The line is "Treat Black People with dignity and humanity". If you need coaxing to come around to that I do not give a fuck about you nor your opinion. 400 fucking years still tryna "win people over"

fucking foolish

I selectively choose when I decide to educate or not. It's not my fucking job. Prob the overwhelming majority of all of you prob had no idea the guy opposed the Civil Rights Act but y'all were damn sure ready to criticize me for not shedding tears for his recovery

but talk to me about education

I don't even know what the conversation is anymore, Again I jumped in because I read the thread seeing shit like "poor guy" etc etc

Like this guy isn't a notorious piece of shit.

Shutting the fuck up is free. Well aware of that, and was the planning to do it until I saw the replies in this thread. I do not have well wishes for those who oppress, denigrate, and defame my people

Whatever y'all have to do to accept that, fine
Punch the air
Kick rocks
Fold you arms

Never claimed my opinion was better or superior to others. However with my background, knowledge, and life experience, it damn sure isn't lesser by any regard either

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
i mean, i don't want Ron Paul to get strokes, but also fuck Ron Paul. Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.

thank you, and fuck Ron Paul.

Kotto

CEO of Traphouse Networks
Nov 3, 2017
People really think arguing for or against the old white dude is some fucking game and that us black people should educate? 😂😂😂

Yall just wilding out huh?

If you're moving goalposts...sure.
Goalposts or not, you and like the other 90 percent of the thread are shaming people who care less for some old man who fought against our rights.

GYODX

Oct 27, 2017

is that too much skin in the game now? If your answer is yes, fine. But I'm just telling the world that ot
I'm not saying that anybody is in any way socially or morally obligated to empathize or send their well-wishes. All I'm saying is that to empathize is to be human, and that nobody should feel obligated to make a conscious effort to stop themselves from having a brief, transient moment of empathy for people that they rationally know do not really deserve it.

In my opinion, this setting of arbitrary thresholds for callousness before one can call themselves an ally is toxic, unhelpful, and completely out of touch with how the vast majority of people function. To me, it only represents a problem when it crosses over into trying to support (via fundraising or whatever), lionize, or white-wash what they did (as happened with George W. Bush). *That's* what we should be vigilant about.

At a rational level, I think most of us (with some exceptions in this thread) understand that Ron Paul is a shitty human being; we don't need to be admonished for expressing very mild empathy, especially when most of the expressions of empathy here haven't really been about feeling empathy for *him* in particular, but rather about seeing and being reminded of our own grandparents and other people in our lives when we see this 85-year old having a stroke. That's what empathy is.

Believe it or not, there have been moments where I have pitied Donald Trump. 99.99% of the time, I feel hatred for him and his administration, at both a rational and visceral level. But I have also felt transient moments of pity (that's not to say that you should also feel these transient moments of pity for Ron Paul or whatever). As long as that doesn't spill over into white-washing what he's done, I think that's okay.

Jeffolation

Oct 30, 2017
I felt nothing watching that. I've always hated Ron Paul and what he stood for and that changed nothing.

Jan 3, 2019
Not offering condolences = wishing them to die. Sure, however that works
ronpaul.png

jjreamPop

Oct 25, 2017
Some truths.
  1. It's okay to not wish evil people well
  2. It's okay to not have sympathy for evil people
  3. It's okay to side-eye people that do
  4. Wishing evil people well does not make you morally better than people that don't
  5. Wishing evil people well in the presence of people those people have harmed is a problem
  6. Ron Paul is evil
  7. Ron Paul will not change.

Last edited:

Ryu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I do not give a fuck about winning people over. The line is "Treat Black People with dignity and humanity". If you need coaxing to come around to that I do not give a fuck about you nor your opinion. 400 fucking years still tryna "win people over"

fucking foolish

I selectively choose when I decide to educate or not. It's not my fucking job. Prob the overwhelming majority of all of you prob had no idea the guy opposed the Civil Rights Act but y'all were damn sure ready to criticize me for not shedding tears for his recovery

but talk to me about education

I don't even know what the conversation is anymore, Again I jumped in because I read the thread seeing shit like "poor guy" etc etc

Like this guy isn't a notorious piece of shit.

Shutting the fuck up is free. Well aware of that, and was the planning to do it until I saw the replies in this thread. I do not have well wishes for those who oppress, denigrate, and defame my people

Whatever y'all have to do to accept that, fine
Punch the air
Kick rocks
Fold you arms

Never claimed my opinion was better or superior to others. However with my background, knowledge, and life experience, it damn sure isn't lesser by any regard either

See that's where you're wrong. I don't care if you shed a tear. But literally saying "you're all trash if you don't wish him dead" is just not the way to go.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Some truths.
  2. It's okay not have sympathy for evil people
  4. Wishing evil people well does not make you morally better than people that don't
  5. Wishing evil people well in the presence of people those people have harmed is a problem
  6. Ron Paul is evil
I'm looking for the lies and not finding any.

Kotto

Nov 3, 2017

Chie Satonaka

Oct 25, 2017
Some truths.
  2. It's okay not have sympathy for evil people
  6. Ron Paul is evil

I've been trying to articulate the way I feel via several posts I've deleted, and you've nailed it down here perfectly.

Thanks.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017

Ron Paul, well known as a physician, congressman and libertarian , has also been a businessman who pursued a marketing strategy that included publishing provocative, racially charged newsletters to make money and spread his ideas, said three people with direct knowledge of Paul's businesses.

The company shared offices with his campaigns and foundation at various points, said those familiar with the operation. Public records show Paul's wife and daughter were officers of the newsletter company and foundation; his daughter also served as his campaign treasurer.

The articles included racial, anti-Semitic and anti-gay content. They claimed, for example, that the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. "seduced underage girls and boys''; they ridiculed black activists by suggesting that New York be named "Zooville" or "Lazyopolis"; and they said the 1992 Los Angeles riots ended "when it came time for the blacks to pick up their welfare checks.'' The June 1990 edition of the Ron Paul Political Report included the statement: "Homosexuals, not to speak of the rest of society, were far better off when social pressure forced them to hide their activities."

Zutroy

Oct 25, 2017
I think most people should watch the video of it. It's probably a good thing for people to see a very clear cut stroke so they know what to look for in less obvious ones. I don't think it's too difficult to watch either. Also remember FAST which another user already posted earlier in detail.

Kotto

Nov 3, 2017
This thread's gonna be mad funny to look at in a couple weeks when people start throwing out their resumes on how they support The Blacks™

HMD

Oct 26, 2017
He's fine and will be back to oppressing minorities, women, and the poor in a few days. So glad everyone that wished him well got what they wanted!

Oof, it was scary to watch considering I lost grandparents and relatives to strokes... But I wouldn't go as far as to wish him well.

I think most people should watch the video of it. It's probably a good thing for people to see a very clear cut stroke so they know what to look for in less obvious ones. I don't think it's too difficult to watch either. Also remember FAST which another user already posted earlier in detail.

Sometimes none of that slurring happens and it's just a sudden drop. Worst way to lose a loved one, no warning whatsoever.

Jovo

Oct 25, 2017
Some truths.
  2. It's okay to not have sympathy for evil people
  6. Ron Paul is evil

This is where I'm at, fuck Ron Paul

Semfry

Oct 25, 2017
Because it's generally poor practice to sit there an actively wish for people to die in horrific ways. Makes you look like a fucking psycho.

If someone like Trump or Mitch McConnel suffered a horrible death people would rightfully be elated. Ron Paul isn't quite as bad as that (if mostly because his platform is smaller); people giving support doesn't bother me, but the pushback against people reminding that he's a awful person is pretty odd to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.