• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
That was horrifying to watch. I've never seen it happen to someone and that sent a real moment of fear all over my body. I'm always afraid of getting those due to my lack of health.

AlteredBeast

Don't Watch the Tape!
Oct 27, 2017
Seems rather fortunate for him, versus having a stroke alone. Hopefully his viewers or the guy interviewing him promptly called an ambulance private medical transportation service

Strokes terrify me

Yeah, I think he is at least 85

Wow, I shouldn't laugh, but I absolutely guffawed in every sense of the word. I take no pleasure in seeing people suffer, even deplorable racists, but that was right on the money.

Oct 27, 2017
Strokes don't sound fun. Ron Paul has earned my lack of sympathy, particularly with his comments on the Covid pandemic

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Ignoring anything specific about the person, I've got to say I found watching that very educational, as while I've heard it described I've never seen it happen before. Gives me a better idea of what to look out for so in future I'll be able to potentially act faster to call an ambulance or what have you.

RadzPrower

One Winged Slayer
Jan 19, 2018
My grandpa had an episode like that several months ago, but the test results were inconclusive. They THINK he had a minor stroke, but there was no significant evidence of it or any apparent long term impact. It was crazy to hear how he went from normal to rambling and no awareness of where he was only for him to just as quickly go back to normal with no memory of any of it.

Oct 27, 2017
Ignoring anything specific about the person, I've got to say I found watching that very educational, as while I've heard it described I've never seen it happen before. Gives me a better idea of what to look out for so in future I'll be able to potentially act faster to call an ambulance or what have you.
I was going to post something similar but wondered if it was in bad taste.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
My mum had a stroke in 2011 because some doctors fucked up a surgery. she survived it and died 3 years later because of the after effects from the stroke.

after the stroke she was a different person, couldn´t walk without help, talking was hard for her, she had sudden mood changes all the time.
i do not wish this happening to anyone, it is a hard thing to watch the change and decline of a beloved person.

Deleted member 11985

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That was strange to watch. I've never seen a stroke before, but my grandma had one, and she said she was talking on the phone and then couldn't talk for a few seconds. It was eerily similar to what I expected it to look like.

Mr Coopz

Jul 21, 2019
Fucking awful, having seen it enough on the ward of people have a stroke I best not. Nothing can prepare you for the first time you see someone experience this.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Not going to watch any videos of this. He's a libertarian jackoff, but I don't take any joy in people like... dying and becoming permanently disabled on TV and stuff. Hope he can care that all humans deserve and have a peaceful end of life.

Koukalaka

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Yeah, that's 100% the start of a stroke. While I vehemently disagree with Ron Paul on just about everything, having seen my grandfather live with the aftermath of a stroke in his final years, he and his family have my sympathy.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
Why is the video linked here? Go on twitter or something if you want to see it, seems weird to post it here.

With all the stuff that is no-go here, an old man having a stroke is ok? And someone that most people on this site hate and will most likely draw a shitty comment? Strange.

Rather than ask why is this okay, report the content (as you did) and we'll discuss it as a team. Sometimes we need more than 15 minutes to make a decision and we don't see everything immediately. Thank you.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
I was going to post something similar but wondered if it was in bad taste.
I've gone through first responder training multiple times. It's surprisingly rare to capture the moment on video. My Grandad has had multiple serious strokes, and sadly is barely there anymore. This is a serious health event and response time is huge in terms of how good an outcome you can hope for, so I'm personally glad I watched the video.

TheWorthyEdge

Oct 25, 2017
Careful, here is a link

streamable.com

Watch My Video1 | Streamable

Watch "My Video1" on Streamable.

Ah sweet jesus fuck...that was so hard to watch. Agh...I wish I didn't watch that. Makes me think of my grandparents.

Ron Paul is a bad person, but man...I truly don't wish that on anyone...I think it was the confusion on his face while he was trying to form words that came out as garbled messes that got me. It really was an educating moment watching it, but I wish I hadn't.

Jan 3, 2019
Oh no, not the man who did everything he could so that poor people couldn't have healthcare and thinks sexual harrassment victims should just quit.

Please tell me the man who doesn't believe in LGBT rights and voted against adoption for gay couples is okay.

Why, you unmerciful God, would you take this man who self-describes as an "unshakable foe of abortion", and introduced laws against it, from us.

Last edited:

Euler007

Jan 10, 2018
Just got over watching the six feet under last season so I can't watch this video. When I was young and individualistic I was a big fan of Ron. My libertarian days are long gone, but I hope he gets well with no significant long-term effect. I think he's a genuinely good guy.

Grenchel

Oct 27, 2017
I was alone with my grandfather when he had a stroke. It still sorta haunts me to this day.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Strokes are super scary but its important to know what they look like so that when you see it happen you can get them immediate help.

Its scary and sad at the same time. poor guy is confused at his speech sluring and you can see it.

Ryu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've gone through first responder training multiple times. It's surprisingly rare to capture the moment on video. My Grandad has had multiple serious strokes, and sadly is barely there anymore. This is a serious health event and response time is huge in terms of how good an outcome you can hope for, so I'm personally glad I watched the video.

That's basically how I feel right now. Was terrible to watch and surely burned this scene into my brain, but if I ever see something like this, I now know what it is.

I am a Bird

Oct 31, 2017
Ya not gonna watch a guy have a stroke. I already saw Tommy Cooper die on stage, its not something I wanna see.

Kientin

Oct 27, 2017
Holy crap that was terrifying to watch. Hopefully because it was caught as it was happening he got immediate medical attention. My grandfather had a stroke and he died shortly after.

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My friends mother had a stroke while we were eating dinner at a restaurant with her. It was pretty close to what I just saw there in that video, and it was equally as horrifying. I hope he pulls through for his family regardless of his political views.

He may never recover however, my friends mother has never recovered her ability to remember things properly and it was years ago.

maxxpower

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
Oh no, not the man who did everything he could so that poor people couldn't have healthcare and thinks sexual harrassment victims should just quit.

Please tell me the man who doesn't believe in LGBT rights and voted against adoption for gay couples is okay.

Why, you unmerciful God, would you take this man who self-describes as an "unshakable foe of abortion", and introduced laws against it, from us.
I know you and I will probably get banned but I can't wait to have people here tell us it's not the right time to say Trump, or Mcconnell were bad people when they eventually die.

DorkLord54

Oct 27, 2017
Michigan
Please don't think that all strokes are this dramatic. My dad had one and he had the symptoms but nothing this telling. Once you get into your 30s even you need to be aware of your blood pressure and all symptoms because surviving a stroke means treating it quickly. You may just have trouble thinking with a very bad headache.
Yeah, my mum had some pain and had trouble walking, but she didn't have paralysis on one side of her body and could talk. She had to demand they give her an MRI so she could be sure it wasn't a stroke, and sure enough it was.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Fuck.

This happened to my dad that fast. I was reheating dinner and he was watching TV in his chair, everything's normal, then suddenly he falls out of his chair, and when I go to see what happened, his right face is dropping and he's slurring and I realize he's had a stroke. I called the EMS in time to save his life.

I hope Ron Paul is ok, that is something you have to be so fast on to receive treatment to survive it.

Status
Not open for further replies.