• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
Well if their goal was not to attract attention from "SJWs" (ugh), this is probably the literal worst way to do it.

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Can't say i'm surprised...
image.png
Gamer

Wolfen

User requested ban
Banned
Apr 27, 2019
Two thoughts:

1. Not allowing political content is itself making a political statement, though not explicitly. At best, it's cowardice. At worst, it's actively approving of the status quo.
2. The admin/mod/whoever wrote the message sounds like a chud. If that's representative of the site itself or its staff, then I'll make sure to avoid it.

I mean, what did you expect ? Most gaming websites are runned by people like this guy.

Schnee

Oct 25, 2017
They struck the paradox of "No political statements" and unironically used "SJW."

A double whammy of stupidity

demondance

Oct 27, 2017
It's kind of like how people who love the status quo call themselves moderates instead of conservatives.

You'd think they could at least have the tiny, almost impossible to measure bit of self-awareness to realize that a few years ago they wouldn't have considered this type of mod worth throwing off their site, so therefore their own personal reaction might be just a little political

One thing to note (and this is mentioned in the article I wrote about this) is that they also have removed and blocked purposely offensive hacks from the site. I was told that hacks involving putting bigotry, racism, etc. into hacks will not be posted on RHDN, but this also shows that they see "SJWs" as an extreme equal to racists and Nazis. So that's fun.

This is the tell that these people are simply lazy thinkers. They assume there is a separate and equal equivalent of all things, as if that makes any logical sense. Therefore if someone makes a Pokemon mod that lets you play as Hitler, that's the equivalent of one that lets you use an ability with male or female PCs. Very intelligent people!

Teepo671

Nov 1, 2017
Guam
Wow, lol.
What an idiotic reply. The mod is so benign that there's no way it would have attracted any kind of attention. Hilarious that it's their rejection letter that's getting them the attention from the scary "sjws" they're so afraid of.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
This is really stupid, specially when Charm works regardless of gender, so there's even an in-game precedent.

Aug 1, 2018
This is like textbook Streisand Effect.

Also the unironic use of "SJW" continues to be an amazing litmus test for finding shitbags.

Ms.Galaxy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Christ almighty, Romhacking made this into a political issue by preventing this mod from being submitted, they made a political statement. The mod itself isn't even showing same sex attraction as a positive or a negative, it's not commentary on same sex relations, it's just making a move work on pokemon of the same sex or sexless. Like, same sex attraction exists in the animal kingdom, we've observed it, we've recorded it, it's a basic fact of life.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
£10 says that if someone made a ROM saying TRUMP IS GOD and FUCK SJWs on the title screen these nimrods would welcome it with open doors.

Deleted member 18021

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's actually a pretty neat way to complicate the fight against Whitney's Miltank.

Are there any alternatives to that site out there? I usually just defaulted to looking there for romhacks.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Ah! Good to know it's an American problem only! Guess that settles it, I mean how could the mod in charge know? It's not their fault for not living in the US, right? Pfft! Seems like a perfectly reasonable explanation if we just forget the unironical use of SJW. All good, all good.

Ms.Galaxy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

"nuances of American politics". Cause LGBT issues totally only exist in the US.

Do they seriously think this is a good apology? The modder literally made no commentary on same sex attraction, they just added a feature that allows Pokemon to use attract on the same sex and non-sexed pokemon, things that have been shown to exist in real life nature. The only one bringing politics here in Romhacking.net

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
United States
Who uses the term SJW usualy is a gamergater or a "centrist"
I hear more people use it everyday. I hear a lot of liberals using it honestly, complaining about people who complain about things they view to not be important. It's almost an analogue to millenial for some people and yes, I've heard an alarming number of older liberals using that term lately also. Scary stuff tbh.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I will say I can see some truth to the staffer being outside the US, with the wording of the first message being kinda odd, like it wasn't a native English speaker.

Re-reading it, you could see it as saying "this hack could bring harassment to its creator and LGBT people, so we won't publish it". Of course, the usage of "SJW" is still extremely problematic, but at this point I wouldn't be surprised if someone from a country that isn't native English speaking could find and use that word without knowing its actual implications.

It doesn't excuse anything ultimately, though. If anything, it means they need to take a long hard look at their moderation practices and, y'know, not try to speak for and "protect" minority groups. And this is all a charitable defense considering that dumb response.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
Do they seriously think same-sex attraction is an American thing?

You see this semi-regularly where European bigots will claim that "only America has problems with race/sex/gender" and nowhere else in the world cares or worries about any of those issues. They'll then go on to decry SJWs or whatever as being "shit stirrers" or "the real problem." It's just a slight variation on the straight cis white American man acting confused as to why anyone even thinks anything is wrong in America.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Knowing how attract works this sounds like a nightmare. Still a fucking stupid reason to not approve it.