• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
http://www.romhacking.net/about/

OV2ifoT.png

Space

Aug 16, 2018
Can't say i'm surprised...
image.png
I was blocked by this dude for suggesting in a twitter thread that the artistic representation of child like characters in sexually fetishizing manner was morally wrong and culturally dangerous.
I don't think he's indicative of a culture at romhack.net though, just what you find sprinkled throughout the greater gaming community.

Staff Post: Please no detective work in this thread

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Official Staff Communication
Reminder that we do not want to facilitate off-site sleuthing or detective work. Please do not use this thread to try to figure things out about the person who is responsible and stick to information that has already become publicly available.

Last edited:
Update: Staff member suspended indefinitely
Oct 25, 2017
The person responsible has been 'suspended indefinitely', and the mod will be accepted immediately upon resubmission.

Romhacking.net‏ @romhackingnet
I just found out about this. The staff member responsible has been suspended indefinitely. Your hack is of course welcome on the site per policy. Resubmit and I will personally see to its approval! -Nightcrawler
5:56 PM - 29 Apr 2019

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
How about instead of companies trying to avoid political issues, they avoid horrible things?

Everything can be politicized. It's a nonsense standard

EarthPainting

Oct 26, 2017
Town adjacent to Silent Hill
The person responsible has been 'suspended indefinitely', and the mod will be accepted immediately upon resubmission.

I just found out about this. The staff member responsible has been suspended indefinitely. Your hack is of course welcome on the site per policy. Resubmit and I will personally see to its approval! -Nightcrawler

Excellent development. This is a clear signal on what's acceptable and what isn't.

qq more

Oct 25, 2017
I'm blocked too and I don't think I even post much here anymore, let alone rarely ever posted my twitter account on this site. I've never interacted with the dude either to my knowledge, so there has to be a blocklist someone is obsessively making. lmfao

That's great though, saves me the trouble of ever having to deal with his stupid ass.

good!

Maneil99

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Good response by team to remove that member. As far as balance concerns, eh it's a mod. Don't have to use it.

I find it hard for anyone to learn the term SJW from a non biased alt right source

Evil Lucario

Feb 16, 2019
Wouldn't this make attract broken af?

Depends if they lowered Attract's chance of procing from 50% to like 25% or even 10%. But considering Confusion is already a thing and infinitely more annoying... I wouldn't think they'd nerf Attract, which in that case would be pretty damn good.

Idk about OP though, only in PvP but in PvE not exactly.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Alls well that ends well, romhacking continues to be a fantastic site and scumbags get outed as such.

SerTapTap

Oct 27, 2017
Ah, the rare shitty thing that ends well (assuming they stick to banning the reviewer). Imagine pulling out "le SJWs" and thinking you're being a bastion of "apolitical" though.

Ashlette

Oct 28, 2017
Hopefully the former moderator learns something from their actions.

who am I kidding, they're just gonna watch more "sjw owned" compilations to drown in their sorrow.

Link’s Awakening

Alt account
Banned
Apr 28, 2019
The mod should go further and make breeding possible from same sex Pokémon as well.

The egg will be 50/50 from either partner

Shaymin

Oct 25, 2017
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Depends if they lowered Attract's chance of procing from 50% to like 25% or even 10%. But considering Confusion is already a thing and infinitely more annoying... I wouldn't think they'd nerf Attract, which in that case would be pretty damn good.

Idk about OP though, only in PvP but in PvE not exactly.

The thing about confusion is that the effect wears off after a bit: the only way Attract ends is if someone switches. So it would be pretty busted in PvP until someone brings an all-gender less team.

While we're talking mods for Gen 2, is there one that lets female Pokémon have the highest possible Attack stat for the species?

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Good on Romhacking.net for taking a hard stance on this. Glad that it wasn't a problem on the whole team.

Evil Lucario

Feb 16, 2019
The thing about confusion is that the effect wears off after a bit: the only way Attract ends is if someone switches. So it would be pretty busted in PvP until someone brings an all-gender less team.

While we're talking mods for Gen 2, is there one that lets female Pokémon have the highest possible Attack stat for the species?

Right, but in PvE Pokemon is generally easy enough where you stock up on X items and then sweep the other team. Or just KO the opponents outright.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't this make attract broken af?
Yeah, but I don't think it matters for a hack. A person who decides to hack their game could decide they don't care about that aspect.

Although now that I think about it, considering how to go about updating Pokemon's sex/gender mechanics might be interesting enough discussion in itself. I actually don't think it's totally out of character or the Pokemon series. They included a minor NPC that was trans in one of the games if I'm not mistaken so I don't think they're afraid of gender issues, and the game details like Pokemon having different personality types so adding more detail doesn't seem absurd.

But I also wonder how to go about implementing it specifically. Like, it's my understanding that one area Pokemon has been very reserved about changing is the data of the Pokemon itself, because by doing so they complicate matters of trading between generations. They overhauled it with R/S, but that had no trade capability with G/S/C.

With the gender mechanics as they are, besides every Pokemon having their own gender, there are differing distributions between species.

I also confess that I'm not the most knowledgeable about this stuff myself so I wonder what the full range of concerns it might package would be.

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Yeah, but I don't think it matters for a hack. A person who decides to hack their game could decide they don't care about that aspect.

Although now that I think about it, considering how to go about updating Pokemon's sex/gender mechanics might be interesting enough discussion in itself. I actually don't think it's totally out of character or the Pokemon series. They included a minor NPC that was trans in one of the games if I'm not mistaken so I don't think they're afraid of gender issues, and the game details like Pokemon having different personality types so adding more detail doesn't seem absurd.

But I also wonder how to go about implementing it specifically. Like, it's my understanding that one area Pokemon has been very reserved about changing is the data of the Pokemon itself, because by doing so they complicate matters of trading between generations. They overhauled it with R/S, but that had no trade capability with G/S/C.

With the gender mechanics as they are, besides every Pokemon having their own gender, there are differing distributions between species.

I also confess that I'm not the most knowledgeable about this stuff myself so I wonder what the full range of concerns it might package would be.
They could do it based on IV totals and have a secondary gender based on that. Keep the base mechanic of Attract behaving the same, but it checks the secondary gender so that it's irrelevant of the displayed gender.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Jesus its such a harmless addition why would anyone be upset? Either way I'm glad it was sorted and the bad egg was kicked to the curb immediately

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
I was blocked by this dude for suggesting in a twitter thread that the artistic representation of child like characters in sexually fetishizing manner was morally wrong and culturally dangerous.
I don't think he's indicative of a culture at romhack.net though, just what you find sprinkled throughout the greater gaming community.
LMAO of course they'd be this kind of trash person. "Oh my politics! Don't put politics on my shit! Oh give me sweet sexualized underage looking girls!"

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Guys the dude that's blocking people and hating on ResetEra on Twitter is NOT the (now suspended) RHDN moderator who rejected the hack. It's literally just a random user.

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Guys the dude that's blocking people and hating on ResetEra on Twitter is NOT the (now suspended) RHDN moderator who rejected the hack. It's literally just a random user.

Yeah he isn't, all he's done is push his own translations onto the site. He's not a mod. (Thank god)

It seems the reason he blocked so many people on this site is due to him following a bunch of hategroup supporters like Mombot and whatnot who call out the "most sensitive" of people on the site (AKA screencap to harass and never get banned because twitter doesn't care about stopping people like her) and he just blocks everyone in threads that are mocked of for being stupid. I'm blocked too despite never meeting the guy ever probably because Mombot has poked fun of my posts calling out GG on this site in the past (luckily for them, I autoblock hategroup members on sight so I didn't get hassled) and if it wasn't for learning about who he followed and hearing about his immature posts/aligning with a hate group i'd probably think he's an OK guy for translating cool games since he doesn't make it clear on his main tweets too often that he's like that (at first glance it's a bunch of cool progress updates on fan translations, save for his bio)

Quite honestly sometimes I wonder if being on this site and ending up indirectly mocked due to this site existing (Despite me avoiding the political board at all costs along with many others I know here) is worth the hassle but then I see people like him support hate group members like mombot instead of just being annoyed at dumb posts and I'm then like "yeah it's just them being bigots". I honestly don't know how this site as a whole gets such a big mob of angry people against it when the political board is the only thing out of the norm/questionable on a gaming site but that's super easy to ignore due to the board tools and this place is awesome for obscure game recommendations and finding new creators (that aren't shitheads)

Good to hear the whole situation with the ROM hack has been reversed by the site admin. That's how it should have been from the getgo though but at least the site admin knew it was shitty.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
what i dont get about the alt right is this...how is their "anti politic" not seen as political? Is far right wing views not political language? Even if you happen to believe in it?

What makes inclusivity political and anti inclusivity non political?