• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rran

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I was like 23 or 24 when I lost track of popular music. Now I turn 40 next month.

I promise you get used to it!
I read somewhere (maybe even on this forum?) that the average person's active search to consume new music begins waning heavily in their late 20s... don't really have anything insightful of my own to add, but I still wanted to engage in the conversation :)

(also, I'm in my mid-30's, so not terribly far behind you teehee)

misho8723

Jan 7, 2018
Slovakia
So music was and is made only in the US or UK? Yeah, that's totally ok.. and there are only like 5 genres or styles in the music world, atleast going by this list

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
Grindin' is at 281 and should 100% be above most of the rap songs ahead of it.

I just went through the list and laughed out loud when I saw Back That Ass Up.

Last edited:

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Was this list specific to songs played on the radio, because going through that Spotify list I'm not seeing anything from a musical (movie or Broadway).

Also not seeing anything from the Space Jam soundtrack, which seems like a gross oversight.

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So only Bohemian Rhapsody and Under Pressure from Queen made the list and I'm supposed to believe this list, nah I'm good.

Last edited:

The Big Short

Oct 29, 2017
only Daft Punk on the list is Get Lucky lol. Should have had at least one of One More Time, Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger and Around the World

Rookhelm

Oct 27, 2017
Comfortably Numb not #1 let alone not in the top 10?

0/10 list

I'm the last person that should be ranking songs

SmittyWerbenManJensen

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Floater’s Cemetery
Rolling Stone is one of the worst music publications ever. Their lists are almost always terrible, especially the most recent too 500 albums which contains Drake, Taylor Swift, and lots of other crap.

In order to preserve my sanity, I'm not even looking at this list.

Shiny Man

Nov 18, 2020
Loulé
What a piece of shit list. I mean I was kind of okay with the 2004 and 2010 versions, but this seems like a completely off the wall reshuffle. Alot of the more recent tracks are just too new and need time to measure how well they'll hold up and how their impact will last.

But one thing I never understood: what is so great about Good Vibrations? I was kinda glad they dropped it from the top 10 lol.

Oct 25, 2017
This list will look so bad in ten years. Them trying to look modern will ensure how dated it is. Sorry, Harry Styles and Cardi B songs don't belong on a list ahead of the Beatles' Help! for fuck's sake. Ok zoomer.