• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
https://deadline.com/2019/05/cannes-roland-emmerich-agc-launch-action-sci-fi-moonfall-1202609224/

The $150M-budgeted action-sci-fi is about an unlikely band of misfits who must save mankind when the moon falls out of orbit and hurtles toward earth. Previously set up at Universal, the project is now available in the independent market space with AGC Studios and CAA Media Finance on board for world sales.

Here's the official synopsis from the production: 'The Moon. It controls our nights, our days, the seasons, and our ocean tides. And since the beginning of humankind, its phases stood as a symbol of enlightenment, inner knowledge – and our own immortality. Until now. Suddenly and without warning a mysterious force knocks the Moon from its orbit around Earth and sends it hurtling on collision course with life as we know it. With mere weeks before impact, and against all odds, a ragtag team launches an impossible last-ditch mission into space, leaving behind everyone they love and risking everything to land on the lunar surface, unlock its secrets, and save our planet from annihilation. But first they must battle an unknown and unfathomable power that will challenge everything we know about the moon, the universe, and ourselves.'
Inb4 majoras mask jokes

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
let the moonfall
til it crumbles
we will stand tall

BigDes

Knows Too Much
Oct 25, 2017
Weeks?

Is that enough time to train an oil rig crew to fly a space shuttle?

refusi0n1

Oct 27, 2017
W1TSQXB.gif

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
I've always liked the moon falling sequence in Time Machine. Interesting premise to say the least, hope they stay grounded and sciency and not go supernatural lol

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i know it's right in the title but somehow i still doubted it could be that obvious. nope, straight up 'the moon is gonna crash into the earth'. incredible.

Typhon

Oct 25, 2017
I've always liked the moon falling sequence in Time Machine. Interesting premise to say the least, hope they stay grounded and sciency and not go supernatural lol

It's Roland Emmerich. This is the guy who came up with the line "the neutrinos have mutated". I don't think he even knows what science is.

DrLight66

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Roland Emmerich films always have great cinematography, scores and castling (minus Godzilla) but the scripts are absolute shit and the characters are so one-dimensional and the dialogue so dull and simple that we end up with bad popcorn films.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
... So Armageddon + that aborted additional Independence Day sequel he didn't get after how awful Resurgence was?