• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
iu

store.steampowered.com

Rogue Legacy 2 on Steam

Rogue Legacy 2 is what you'd get if you mashed Rogue Legacy and a sequel together. Every time you die, your children will succeed you, and each child is unique. Your daughter might be a Colourblind Archer, and your son could be a Pacifistic Chef. Either way, one of them is getting conscripted.

Was $16 for me (it said $2 discount, presumably because I own the first?).

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
got it for $7.99. Thank you $10 off coupon i saved from epic store (plus the 10% discount its on right now.

Sep 24, 2019
Oh its available. Probably gonna take awhile until its up to challenge its predecessor but I think I am going to invest into that future.

Acrano

Nov 2, 2017
Germany
I realy enjoyed the first one, played it ages ago. Right now I´m in the middle of UnderMine, I will keep an eye on it during it´s early access phase for sure.

Deleted member 7883

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Adored the first one but I'm going to hold off until the full release. Even though Risk of Rain 2 just left EA, I feel like I have a few too many EA roguelites under my belt atm. This is a genre I'd rather not get into until the wholeass game's out.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I think I'll wait for the full release. Especially seeing that the current build seems a bit thin based on what they're said.

C.Mongler

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Washington, DC
Curious to hear what people think. Sounds pretty light from the content description, but I've got some Steam cash lingering and I'm willing to pick it up at this stage if it can entertain me for a few hours before it starts getting more patches.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Loved the first game but yeah this seems a ways out for full release. Prob wait as I got other stuff to play but it's something I know I'll buy at some point. First was so damn great especially since I was completely clueless about it before I bought.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Disappointing to hear there's not much in it atm. Might still buy it since the price might go up later but I'll wait for it to get more content before actually getting into it.

OP
OP
Jeremy

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
Curious to hear what people think. Sounds pretty light from the content description, but I've got some Steam cash lingering and I'm willing to pick it up at this stage if it can entertain me for a few hours before it starts getting more patches.

I only did one run, so I can't comment on the dearth of content in this EA version, but it is promising. There are a second kind of puzzle room now (beyond the fairy chest ones) that are cool and overall the game feels a bit smoother and more well-animated.

I feels like a more polished take on the first game... Not sure that it would convert anyone who wasn't a fan of the first, and ultimately the game's value will depend on how fleshed out it is in its final form, but I enjoyed what I played.

Radokat

Oct 30, 2017
Feels really nice, but not being able to use the D-PAD for movement is weird.
In the teleport menu it works.
Sure it would make some classes difficult to play, but I hope they give us a choice.

dipship31

Oct 26, 2017
Got it just because this'll probably be cheaper than when it actually releases, but I don't plan on diving in too much till a lot later on. Feels like Rogue Legacy which is great and the graphics are really nice. Once it's a complete (or at least mostly complete) I'll jump back in.

Radokat

Oct 30, 2017
Regarding the D-Pad:

[developer] 24 minutes ago
Dpad support wasn't added because you need the analog controls for aiming as the ranger. A lot of people are asking for it though, so we might add it anyway and just let you shoot in 45 degree increments.

[developer] 17 minutes ago
This is now in our to-do list. Thank you for the feedback everyone!

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
As much as I love the original, I'm just gonna wait for the full release before I dive in.

Cool for people that want in on the ground floor though!

OP
OP
Jeremy

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
From the steam page:

We already have a roadmap of what would be in the final game, but we're excited to see what fans will come up with along the way. Here's what our schedule looks like:

Major updates approx. every 2 months: Major updates include biomes and everything associated with them (new bosses, new enemies, new hazards, etc.). We'll also add big features (either alongside or in replace of new biomes) such as new player classes, NG+ mods, and new NPCs. Major updates will come with big announcements and a video detailing the changes.

Minor updates in-between major ones: Because there are so many places to add new content in Rogue Legacy 2, our plan is to do so incrementally between major updates. These minor additions will hopefully ease the wait before we can drop big content packs. Minor updates include new traits, new spells, new relics, new rooms, new insights, new equipment, and new runes.

Bug -fix patches at any odd hour: Of course we will be at-the-ready to address any bugs people may encounter. There is no schedule for these patches though, because it purely depends on how many bugs occurs between updates and the severity of them. RL2 has a lot of moving parts, and we want to make sure the experience is as smooth as possible for players.

Nothing is set in stone: This schedule is purely preliminary, because we have no idea how things will work out. That means anything can change, from when an update comes out to what appears in each. For example, if a monthly update is too aggressive for us to maintain, we may batch everything into the major updates."

Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access?
"Our current roadmap pegs the launch of the complete game approximately one year after the Early Access release, sometime in 2021. But don't bet on this even if you are a gambling man. While we would love to give a guarantee, things change, whether it be an oversight on our best-laid plans, or simply big and unexpected new features that we absolutely must have in the game."

How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version?
"The full version of Rogue Legacy 2 will be feature and content complete, with a concluding narrative, the full measure of gameplay elements, and additional components like localization and achievements. Currently there are no plans to provide incentives for early-adopters, outside of the ability to play the game early, help shape its final form, and to receive the game at a lower initial price."

What is the current state of the Early Access version?
"Rogue Legacy 2 has already been in development for more than two years, because we wanted to make sure we gave players the most complete experience we could with an incomplete game. Many of the systems are in place, all that's needed is more time to create more content. Provided below is a list of features and content that the game currently has. That said, as we continue to develop in Early Access, this answer is subject to change. So we'll be sure to keep this list up-to-date.

• Complete game loop (Title screen to lineage selection to skill tree to town hub to castle).
  • 1.5 biomes (with 3-5 more to be added).
  • 700+ random rooms (with more on the way).
  • 4 complete character classes with individual talents and unique weapons (at least 8 more classes planned).
  • 42 traits (with more on the way).
  • 17 upgradable skills (with more on the way).
  • 5 equipment sets for a total of 25 pieces of equipment (10 more sets for 50 pieces planned).
  • 9 runes (with more on the way).
  • 12 enemies + 1 boss (many more bosses and enemies to come).
  • 8 unique relics + 2 heirlooms available (with many more on the way).
  • Additional features such as Universal Healthcare, Insights, memory fragments, and more!
"Will the game be priced differently during and after Early Access?
"Yes, the price will be raised two times during development. If all the content we had planned makes it into the final version, Rogue Legacy 2 will be more than twice as large as the original. We understand the disparity of playing an incomplete game though, so our intention is to set the price in three tiers as more and more content gets added. The game will be available for the Early Access launch at a special EA release price. Approximately half-way through development, we will raise the price, and then raise it once more to a final price once v1.0 is released. Any changes to the price will be clearly communicated before they are made."

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Is controller support not currently in? On the menus under gamepad settings everything shows up as locked. Trying to use Xbox Elite controller.

Str0ngStyle

Oct 28, 2017
I loved the first one so damn much I've bought it on multiple systems. getting this one now is a no brainer for at least me. Even if it's only 1-1.5 zones, it will keep me busy until Avengers and Tony Hawk

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I loved the original Rogue Legacy enough for multiple playthroughs, so I got this one pretty easily. Played a little bit, so far so good. It's kind of a bummer knowing I can't get too far in, but I would say the initial impression is like going from a very solid NES game to an SNES game that's seeking to be an incremental improvement gameplay wise with prettier packaging. I like that the classes have different weapons now, and all in all it just feels like a bigger version of the original game. Looking forward to watching this one develop over the next year.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
I loved the first game.
It seems RL2has about 2 hours of content and will be in EA 1+ years. So I added to my wishlist and will wait until there is way more content or just normal release

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Bummer. I thought it was releasing in a complete state. Will be happy to buy it when 1.0 rolls around. Seems to really just expand on the idea of the first one, which I like.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
Aug 2021 nooooo

but I'm thrilled to hear there's another game in the works!

zashga

Losing is fun
Oct 28, 2017
Picked this up today and powered through what's there. It's pretty incomplete, as expected. Basically just the first stratum is "done," with some extra stuff (including the intro tutorial) to check out. The first boss seemed surprisingly hard, but who knows how things might change or if I'm just bad at games.

It's still fun and very promising, but don't have any illusions that this is a "mostly done" early access title, at least not yet.

Acrano

Nov 2, 2017
Germany
Watched Vinny from Vinesauce play it a bit on stream. The artstyle is great and it seems to be a lot like the first part, will keep an eye on it but will most likely buy it when it´s out of early access.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
I'll jump on this when it releases. Early Access always has me playing a far from complete game and shelving it before final release

MontlyCure

Oct 27, 2017
FL
Got it for $7.99 on EGS with coupon. Couldn't pass up on that price, even if the game is pretty bare right now.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Was thinking of getting it on EGS since I still have a cupon but... I kind of want to just hold out for a Playstation version so I can play on my TV.

Parcas

Dec 12, 2017
It is way too barebone is like a concept almost at this point, it looks and plays well but i feel they added too much stuff and systems have no space to breath.

R1CHO

Oct 28, 2017
www.epicgames.com

Rogue Legacy 2 | Descárgalo y cómpralo hoy - Epic Games Store

Descarga y juega a Rogue Legacy 2 en la Epic Games Store. ¡Comprueba la disponibilidad de plataforma y el precio!

A bump to let people know that is a great moment to get it on sale.

Game is 15'11€, with the 10€ epic coupon you get RL2 for 5'11€

So if you are interested, get it, try it a bit, and then enjoy the finish product next year.

I am liking the game, but there is not much content, and I am getting some odd freezes/framedrops on my pc atm, so I will wait for updates to continue playing.