• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

tok9

Prophet of Truth
Nov 2, 2017
Oh man, I'm really looking forward to this one. It was my first roguelite that I can remember and it was such a good time on the Vita.

SJPN

Oct 27, 2017
It's not on Game Pass.
Yeah, I hate how inconsistent the "upcoming releases" page tends to be. Some stuff shows up, others don't seem to get a page until they're out.

I think it's based on when games go gold. You can't get a game made available for pre-order unless you have it gold a few weeks before release.

Cellar Doors said RL2 only went gold a few days ago, so cutting it fine.

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
I am so tempted but I also have a massive backlog and gamepass as well. Arghhh what to do!

brain_

What is a tag? A miserable pile of words.
May 13, 2021
MO
I got it on early access forever ago, played a little once and said I'll wait until it's done. Sat on my desktop ever since. I'm excited!

Poimandres

Oct 26, 2017
Had a great time with the first game, will be picking this up for sure!

Also, Full Metal Furies is a great game so pick it up if you want to give the devs more love.

| TrusT |

Apr 19, 2020
How are you finding it? Nothing's coming up for me in search?

The US page isn't available to buy yet.

Buy Rogue Legacy 2 | Xbox

Rogue Legacy 2 is what you'd get if you mashed Rogue Legacy and a sequel together. Every time you die, your children will succeed you. Your daughter might be a Colourblind Ranger, and your son could be a Pacifistic Chef. Either way, one of them is getting conscripted.

Bohemian

Oct 26, 2017
The US page isn't available to buy yet.

Buy Rogue Legacy 2 | Xbox

Rogue Legacy 2 is what you'd get if you mashed Rogue Legacy and a sequel together. Every time you die, your children will succeed you. Your daughter might be a Colourblind Ranger, and your son could be a Pacifistic Chef. Either way, one of them is getting conscripted.
Damn, was hoping it got posted early. Thanks for clarifying!

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
Still hoping it's a surprise GP drop.

They would have announced it by now. Some places have been able to buy it for hours. Tunic wasn't able to be purchased at all until gamepass was announced. It might be on gamepass in a few months similar to Deaths Door, but it is safe to say it won't be anytime soon.

Oct 27, 2017
I really wish I was playing it now, but alas probably won't have a Crack at it today. Wish it was available pre order, fuz I would have just taken a trip to New Zealand

Oct 27, 2017
Is there any reason to buy the Early Access edition right now? Or should I wait until it officially launches this afternoon? Any difference in price?

ThreePi

Dec 7, 2017
Never played the first, but watched some videos of it and it seemed cool. And right now I'm in this post-Elden Ring funk where I just can't bring myself to play any sort of deep, AAA, single player games. Hoping for something like this to be a good distraction for me.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Bought the game on Xbox earlier, had some credit saved up from MS Rewards.

It seems like a solid sequel to Rogue Legacy so far. I was never the biggest fan of the original but I'm enjoying it so far. The extended platforming challenges for new abilities have probably been my favourite stuff so far. Then the expanded variety in new characters and classes have felt good so far.

Mr. Gold

Jul 1, 2019
I loved the first one. Very good power curve. You eventually become OP but that is the point with these games I think

OP
OP
dmr87

dmr87

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
i am REALLY surprised at how under the radar this game is flying. its held my attention since the beginning of it's early access release, which is more than i can say of most games released in the past two years

It's the downside of doing early access, and it get's worse the longer it takes to reach full release. It's been 1,5 years.

Regardless, I know what I'm doing tonight after work!

Tambini

Oct 25, 2017
Well I said I'd get it once it was out of early access, so lets fucking go. loved the first game

petetnt

Oct 28, 2017
I've been playing the early access version this week (I played couple of hours when it first came to EA) and it's been pretty great... there are some annoyances though, like how some of the weapons/skills/runes are instant run killers basically, but you don't know about it before you pick the items up and some of the skills are just plain bad to boot too. And yeah, the grind might be offputting to some too: it's kinda frustrating that you cannot afford the cheapest rune / equipment after +30 runs because you haven't got enough materials. Also some mildly annoying loading times are there too (on PC, SSD)

That said the gameplay is super fun, haven't seen all the biomes yet but the ones I have definitely have some great twists to the basic gameplay and overall it seems like an improvement over RL1.

Oct 27, 2017
Is this out now? This is what I see on Steam:

aXa6hiw.png

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know what the sale price is supposed to be? $28.99 CAD (current price) is about $22.59 USD, for comparison.

docannon

Oct 28, 2017
It's the downside of doing early access, and it get's worse the longer it takes to reach full release. It's been 1,5 years.

Regardless, I know what I'm doing tonight after work!
Not to derail but I find this concept interesting. On one hand, you have Hades which was very popular through it's EA run. On the other, you have this game and others (like Griftlands), which don't seem to gain the traction they deserve despite seemingly doing EA correctly. The fickleness of consumers, I guess…

Damien1990

May 23, 2020
Will this ever release on PS4/PS5?
I'd imagine so - the original had released pretty much everywhere but each platform release was spread out over years.

They're a very small studio so probably want to concentrate on just the two platforms before expanding and working on/contracting out work on ports.

Bopp

Aug 6, 2021
As far as I've understood yes, they said in Steam forums that launch version was ported on Xbox too only because it's easiest console to port games to.

I'd imagine so - the original had released pretty much everywhere but each platform release was spread out over years.

They're a very small studio so probably want to concentrate on just the two platforms before expanding and working on/contracting out work on ports.

Thank you. Good to know :) I loved the first one but I only got a PS5 to play games on, so I was sad. Now I'm less sad.