• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

B4mv

Nov 2, 2017
Lets goo!! I NG+'d Rogue Legacy until the enemies were just boss enemies and I couldn't go any further

Can't wait for this.

TSM

Oct 27, 2017
Which is a shame because it was some of the most fun Coop I've had in a game. Figuring out the puzzles (and getting stumped on 1 towards the end and getting help directly from the devs) was a great memory me and my friends share together.

I think they kneecapped the last game by not launching with online multiplayer. By the time they added it the damage was long past done.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Loooooved Rogue Legacy, I hope this game adds more complexity to it but other than that can't wait! My favorite roguelite.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
I liked Rogue Legacy even though the permanent upgrades eventually trivialize the difficulty, which IMO kind of clashes with the roguelike design.

Renteka-Bond

Chicken Chaser
Dec 28, 2017
Clearwater, Florida
I think they kneecapped the last game by not launching with online multiplayer. By the time they added it the damage was long past done.

It did launch with online Multiplayer, though. That's how me and my 2 buddies played. It was a little buggy (My friends and I did fine, but there were reports that it was iffy), but it definitely had it, cause we played it launch day/week together.

TSM

Oct 27, 2017
It did launch with online Multiplayer, though. That's how me and my 2 buddies played. It was a little buggy (My friends and I did fine, but there were reports that it was iffy), but it definitely had it, cause we played it launch day/week together.

Yeah, sorry about that. Meant online play with randoms. Only being able to play with people on your friends list meant most people were never playing it online.

I liked Rogue Legacy even though the permanent upgrades eventually trivialize the difficulty, which IMO kind of clashes with the roguelike design.
Eventually, NG+ gets so chaotic that having all of the upgrades won't help you out much. The bosses do arguably get easier as you get deeper, but getting to them can become a genuine ordeal with how much is flying across the screen at any given time.

Oct 25, 2017

I was never able to get into it for the same reason. Just felt like the game expected you to grind until you had enough upgrades to make it to the end as opposed to actually getting good at the game.

Deleted member 179

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh HELL yes, one of the few roguelikes to ever get me. Good memories of binging a ton of it with my brother. Pumped to play 2 with him.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
I was never able to get into it for the same reason. Just felt like the game expected you to grind until you had enough upgrades to make it to the end as opposed to actually getting good at the game.

yeah, the whole permanent metaprogression thing is kinda antithetical to the nature of roguelites, but whatever, people love it and its become its own thing. not to worry, there are so many damn rogues that everyone can be catered to.

Oliver James

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't even finished the OG, but it was definitely the title that got me hooked on indie roguelikes.

FRANKEINSTEIN

Oct 27, 2017
AZ
I'm not a fan of the Rogue dungeon type games but Rogue Legacy grabbed me and I couldn't put it down till I got the Platinum. So a sequel would be day 1.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
My first and favorite rogue light was RL and I would do very bad things to get a sequel. Please don't be fucking with us.

I know the creator was supposedly annoyed for a while from people asking for a sequel after the first one but it would be a super dick move to prank us.

OP
OP
chubigans

chubigans

Vertigo Gaming Inc.
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
That and I think the engine they use is not console friendly and has a lot of XNA roots so it was at least relatively easier for an Xbox port (could be wrong on all that)

SMD

Oct 28, 2017
I'd love a new Rogue Legacy, had my fill of the original and find it hard to go back now.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Wasn't a big fan of the first game initially. Took a few attempts to really get the idea behind it. Then it became an insane addiction. Loved the formula and would easily jump in again with a follow-up.

AAION

Dec 28, 2018
There's been a lot of evolution and different takes in the roguelike space. Hopefully this title will evolve enough from the first to meet the expectations of the audience.

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Oct 28, 2017
I need to fire up the original again. Loved it on the vita.

KefkaPalazzo

Oct 25, 2017
I legit said "wait, what?" out loud when I saw this. It's probably my favorite roguelike ever, but I did not see that coming.

Deleted member 46489

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 7, 2018
Plllllleeeaasseee. I need this in my veins!
Same. LOVE that game.

Also, I hope this isn't awkward, but I REALLY wanna get Battle Chasers: Nightwar. Except I have an intel i3 6100U and integrated graphics. Do you think I could run it? It's totally okay if you're unable to answer that.

Shadowrun

Oct 26, 2017
Got an email from Nintendo that Rogue Legacy 1 went on sale today (US), and it immediately made me think this was legit. A sale timed with a new announcement makes sense.

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
Rogue Legacy is still to this day my favourite rogue-like-but-not-quite-like so I'm excited, certainly.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Never could progress much in 1 but this would be an instant buy.

This as April fools day joke wouldn't work cause it was already April 2 in Europe when they tweeted that. And we already have afternoon so hurry up guys. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.