• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Trump talking about Stone now, pardon incoming

Gone from "did nothing wrong to even if he did so did other people" and "He had nothing to do with my campaign to bad tainted anti-Trump jury"

But he does say he isn't going to do anything and hopes Stone is exonerated.

Now talking about Hillary....

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
This is fucking pathetic. How is this not a bad look for a president.

Jesus man. This is so depressing. I really hate this admin. Dems cannot be limp dicks when they get in the White House. "Oh but they will dislike us "(moderates). Listen here fellas, go far left already and do everything the left has always wanted full stop. Screw it.

I swear if he pardons that criminal. *wont be shocked if he does*

Jan 27, 2020
Washington, DC
It's only tangentially Stone related (they were in business together in the 80s), but this is the best thing I read on Paul Manafort:

www.theatlantic.com

Paul Manafort, American Hustler

Decades before he ran the Trump campaign, one lobbyist’s pursuit of foreign cash and shady deals laid the groundwork for the corruption of Washington.

The fact that Manafort only ended up in jail because Trump got elected president and people started looking under rocks is a massive indictment of justice in America.

so1337

Oct 28, 2017

you+keep+using+that+word.gif

fanboi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
How can a singular individual have so much power? You allow one person almost dictatorship level of power, even with "checks and balance" you allow a person to make Executive orders, set the whole foreign policy and possible to interfere in judical matters as in exoneration.

It is BANANAS.

EDIT: And this isn't Trump specific, any President can do this, which is a huge flaw.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How can a singular individual have so much power? You allow one person almost dictatorship level of power, even with "checks and balance" you allow a person to make Executive orders, set the whole foreign policy and possible to interfere in judical matters as in exoneration.

It is BANANAS.

EDIT: And this isn't Trump specific, any President can do this, which is a huge flaw.
Nah any dem president would get murdered if they pulled that shit

fanboi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Nah any dem president would get murdered if they pulled that shit

But it is within their power to do these sort of things.

Obama released people from jail (not saying it was wrong, but one man shouldn't be able to do this), executive orders was used and so on.

Just that Trump use it in a malicious way is not the point I am making, it is that it is possible.

Sober

Oct 25, 2017
Is this the new strategy? Just do crimes for the President, maybe out up a half assed fight in court, get pardoned right after you get your sentence.