• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dodongo

Oct 25, 2017
I get the frustration people feel when our efforts are overshadowed by the consequences of history. I'm frustrated too. Incredibly frustrated. It's true that the deck is already stacked against us.

But the last thing I've got to say on the matter is simply this:

If you're not strategically voting against Republicans at every election (local, state, federal), then you're fucking up. This cycle will continue until apathy is replaced by resolve.

We have the numbers. We just haven't had the commitment, or the focus.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
Here's a fun fact that I'm sure a lot of people don't know. When they count the number of weeks for pregnancy, it does not start at the point of conception; it starts at the end of the woman's last cycle so for a few of those weeks, the woman isn't even pregnant yet.

Br3wnor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Here's a fun fact that I'm sure a lot of people don't know. When they count the number of weeks for pregnancy, it does not start at the point of conception; it starts at the end of the woman's last cycle so for a few of those weeks, the woman isn't even pregnant yet.

Yup, woman has her period end on October 1, ovulates and gets pregnant on October 15, on September 1 she's already considered 4 weeks pregnant. And that's usually the earliest a woman is even going to know they're pregnant, so even in a best case scenario that woman now has 2 weeks to get an abortion, many women will have less than a week to get it done, just fucking ghoulish

Aug 12, 2019
I get the frustration people feel when our efforts are overshadowed by the consequences of history. I'm frustrated too. Incredibly frustrated. It's true that the deck is already stacked against us.

If you're not strategically voting against Republicans at every election (local, state, federal), then you're fucking up. This cycle will continue until apathy is replaced by resolve.

That also goes for the party though, not just the voters. Also, 2008 happened and Obama won Indiana that year and Democrats had a brief super-majority, so we've all literally lived through at least one cycle in which Democrats had all the power even in our broken ass system and we largely wasted it. Sure, they passed the ACA in its butchered form and that had a lot of meaning for the right people (albeit in still insanely frustrating ways for many), but it kind of feels like the sole thing we have to show for that majority and a political will that has never been seen since.

And even if we do, the literal system is stacked against Democrats in a polarized US and this only gets worse as we see population centers decrease in other important states for Democrats like the Midwest and we're literally relying on a Senator from West Virginia and another from Montana to even hold a majority as is. At a certain point, you can't vote the Senate to not be a fucked institution.

Warhawk4Ever

Banned
Jun 23, 2021
That also goes for the party though, not just the voters. Also, 2008 happened and Obama won Indiana that year and Democrats had a brief super-majority, so we've all literally lived through at least one cycle in which Democrats had all the power even in our broken ass system and we largely wasted it. Sure, they passed the ACA in its butchered form and that had a lot of meaning for the right people (albeit in still insanely frustrating ways for many), but it kind of feels like the sole thing we have to show for that majority and a political will that has never been seen since.

And even if we do, the literal system is stacked against Democrats in a polarized US and this only gets worse as we see population centers decrease in other important states for Democrats like the Midwest and we're literally relying on a Senator from West Virginia and another from Montana to even hold a majority as is. At a certain point, you can't vote the Senate to not be a fucked institution.

you continue to say what is wrong, what do you suggest we do about it?

Zyae

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Mar 17, 2020
this title is inflammatory and inaccurate, Casey and Roe are not "effectively overturned." SCOTUS declined to intervene presumably on procedural grounds because the law had not been in effect yet, this does not mean that they endorse one side or another in the case which will likely make its way through federal court now that its a law. The ACLU and other groups probably already have briefs to be filed.

www.scotusblog.com

Texas abortion ban goes into effect after justices fail to act - SCOTUSblog

The Supreme Court on Tuesday night took a step that anti-abortion activists have hoped for, and abortion-rights supporters have feared, since the death of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg nearly a year ago. By failing to respond to a plea for them to intervene, the justices allowed a Texas law that bans

y2dvd

Nov 14, 2017
For a site that clamps down in regurgitating past election cycles, it's weird seeing it brought up again by a mod no less.

This state is really trying to outdo Florida as who's worse. Texas also had several terrible laws that went into affect today as well. Truly backwards.

Thordinson

Aug 1, 2018
this title is inflammatory and inaccurate, Casey and Roe are not "effectively overturned." SCOTUS declined to intervene presumably on procedural grounds because the law had not been in effect yet, this does not mean that they endorse one side or another in the case which will likely make its way through federal court now that its a law. The ACLU and other groups probably already have briefs to be filed.

www.scotusblog.com

Texas abortion ban goes into effect after justices fail to act - SCOTUSblog

The Supreme Court on Tuesday night took a step that anti-abortion activists have hoped for, and abortion-rights supporters have feared, since the death of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg nearly a year ago. By failing to respond to a plea for them to intervene, the justices allowed a Texas law that bans

It won't be overturned but it will be effectively.

I assure you you're not the first person with little money to leave for uncertain days and promise of a better future, but I digress.

Not just little but almost none. As well as no means to really go to another state.

medinaria

Oct 30, 2017
I mean, I can see why voters might feel disillusioned when the Dems losing 2016 feels more impactful than the three (possibly 4) wins surrounding it.

this is, I think, the crux of the issue in a lot of ways

like I get the "elections have consequences" retort that people drag out, but when you place it next to the "well you see democrats have unilateral control of government but really they're beholden to a certain subset of their own party that will stand in front of positive reforms" argument, it begins to feel less like elections have consequences and more like specific results of specific elections have consequences. democrats have power? we'll get the stripped-down version of the aca without the public option, we'll get bank bailouts, we'll get compromise legislation with republicans that's a day late and a dollar short. republicans have power? the courts are packed, the taxes are cut, and abortion's on its way out.

there's this incessant scolding over voting patterns, which is fair, but it's also simply true that republicans are attempting to implement their worldview by any means necessary and democrats are failing to do the same because some of them aren't on the same page as everyone else. and it's right for people to be frustrated at that. if your only solution is "vote harder", you need to first acknowledge that the democratic party needs to earn that devotion. if you think people just need to fight harder for the democratic party, then the democratic party needs to fight harder for them.

is this kind of a catch-22? yeah. it is. democrats aren't doing enough to reward their voters, voters aren't putting in enough democrats to make it easier to reward the voters. there's no easy solution that doesn't involve "get lucky or work magic", basically. nobody knows how many democrats we'd actually need in the senate to allegedly get what we want (it feels like 52 now, but who's to say that, at 52, chris coons or angus king doesn't suddenly make it 54? we needed 60 for the public option, so it seems optimistic to suggest we're one or two senators short of the goal), nobody knows how to get them there, and nobody really cares about the "political realities" of the situation. the democrats have power. they can use it, or they can lose. that's just how it goes.

Warhawk4Ever

Banned
Jun 23, 2021
this is, I think, the crux of the issue in a lot of ways

like I get the "elections have consequences" retort that people drag out, but when you place it next to the "well you see democrats have unilateral control of government but really they're beholden to a certain subset of their own party that will stand in front of positive reforms" argument, it begins to feel less like elections have consequences and more like specific results of specific elections have consequences. democrats have power? we'll get the stripped-down version of the aca without the public option, we'll get bank bailouts, we'll get compromise legislation with republicans that's a day late and a dollar short. republicans have power? the courts are packed, the taxes are cut, and abortion's on its way out.

there's this incessant scolding over voting patterns, which is fair, but it's also simply true that republicans are attempting to implement their worldview by any means necessary and democrats are failing to do the same because some of them aren't on the same page as everyone else. and it's right for people to be frustrated at that. if your only solution is "vote harder", you need to first acknowledge that the democratic party needs to earn that devotion. if you think people just need to fight harder for the democratic party, then the democratic party needs to fight harder for them.

is this kind of a catch-22? yeah. it is. democrats aren't doing enough to reward their voters, voters aren't putting in enough democrats to make it easier to reward the voters. there's no easy solution that doesn't involve "get lucky or work magic", basically. nobody knows how many democrats we'd actually need in the senate to allegedly get what we want (it feels like 52 now, but who's to say that, at 52, chris coons or angus king doesn't suddenly make it 54? we needed 60 for the public option, so it seems optimistic to suggest we're one or two senators short of the goal), nobody knows how to get them there, and nobody really cares about the "political realities" of the situation. the democrats have power. they can use it, or they can lose. that's just how it goes.

great post. Dems passed the ACA and many wanted a public option including Obama but Lieberman, Baucus, and Nelson fucked us over there by saying theyd vote against any bill that had said option.

Oct 25, 2017
And to think Biden and the Dems had the practical power to prevent this shadow docket problem by simply stacking the court like the entire Dem base has been asking for to prevent situations like this. Utter malfeasance.
To look at this abhorrent shit done by the Texas lawmakers and immediately think to blame Biden and the Democrats for it is absolutely insane.

Aug 12, 2019
you continue to say what is wrong, what do you suggest we do about it?

Act while we still can before the Senate becomes literally unwinnable? Pressure what Senators we have while we can to unfuck the fucked up stuff. But I'm also way more sick and tired of pointing to the core institutions as being fundamentally fucked in ways that electoralism can barely solve and being asked "What do you suggest" and the obvious answer is that the the whole of it is rotted and it probably needs to be replaced. I don't know where you get the political will for that and honestly, I doubt it's possible in the current US and we may not be talking real change til the US balkanizes as I have largely suspected it will innevitably because the fracturing is only getting worse. And while that might not happen in the next 10-15 years, I don't the US gets out of this century intact and will be crippled by climate crises by the end of the century. Yeah, that's going to seriously impact a lot of people negatively when it happens, but I'm increasingly convinced the US just isn't going to be able to last.

The best I've got, and again, this isn't on me or any forum goer, but on the wealthy assholes that currently do wield an enormous amount of power, Biden and 90% of the Senate included because I am not inclined to even like, let alone excuse and idolize, most politicians and think most of them have probably caused more harm than good on a global scale... but I digress, Is to at least go all out with what we have. I don't know how you convince Manchin and Sinema to change their tune, but they have to be convinced to choose the greater good of doing things to protect the American people and their rights over their own misplaced judgments of their own character and electoral chances. They do the right thing now, and Manchin probably loses in 2024 (which I think he does regardless of his path now, so he might as well go big), but we have a seat from Pennsylvania or North Carolina or Wisconsin to make up for his loss. Sinema is Sinema, but there has to be someway to convince her that its in her political self interest to preserve people's rights. As for the others you work through their various weak points to the best of your ability and convince them of doing the right thing. And I'm sure the ever loving corporate wing of the Democratic party can come up with plenty of money and cushy correspondent jobs for anyone else that feels at risk of losing/being primaried whatever.

But I do think we're rapidly approaching a tipping point that puts Democrats out of power for the next decade and people just don't have the time for that reality, and the fascists are looking to solidify their power through stolen electoralism, and there's an above average chance they can get it in the House through Redistricting this year without further intervention by Congress and the Senate already disadvantages them. You act now because you have the opportunity to do it, and as much as Manchin likes to talk about 10 good Republicans, I'm looking for 10 good moderate Democrats that put country over self interest and principle and seize the moment. I think it only becomes a harder reality to make change happen from here on out.

For all the talk of liberals saying voters have to act against the greater evil now so we don't suffer the consequences later, the party has to do the same if we want any chance at better things and retaining the rights of the people.

Zyae

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Mar 17, 2020
It won't be overturned but it will be effectively.

Not just little but almost none. As well as no means to really go to another state.

you missed my point, SCOTUS didnt make a decision one way or another in regards to this case, it was a procedural decision. Could they explicitly or effectively overturn Casey and Roe in this case (once it makes its way into the court system) or the other cases? Yes. Is the decision this case is about indicative of that? NO

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
"Vote harder" also dismisses that there is active legislation pending to throw out voting results that state legislatures don't like.

There is a reason that voting rights need strong federal protections, backed by the Supreme Court, there is a reason we need federal anti-gerrymandering legislation & electoral reform, there's a reason we need to expand the House of Representatives, get rid of the filibuster, and expand the federal judiciary.

"Vote harder" ignores that, much like Climate change, we've simply run out of time. The fascists are here, and they're not quiet about what life will be like when they regain power, and how they will leverage that power. Any Democrat who doesn't behave as if we are in a crisis is complicit in what comes next.

Lieberman will always be remembered for no public option, Roberts' court will always be remembered for Citizens United and Shelby v Holder, Collins will always be remembered for Kav, and this court will always be remembered if they nuke Roe and we don't put in any legislation to save it.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
While the idea that Democrats need to earn their support does have merit, I don't think it's fair to bring that up absent the context that Republicans...don't earn their support either. The Republican strategy has been, for decades, to play up racial grievance and limit those who can vote (mostly would-be Democratic voters, but also people in general). But they don't campaign on solutions, on promises kept, on any actual plan to better the lives of predominantly white class of voter they need to maintain power.

And yet, conservatives march to the polls dutifully in every election.

I'm not putting the blame 100% on leftist voters. But I do think it's fair to question why the priority to vote is so different.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
To look at this abhorrent shit done by the Texas lawmakers and immediately think to blame Biden and the Democrats for it is absolutely insane.
Because Republicans are gonna stop doing this if we scream loud enough? The only people who can stop this are Democrats full stop. If they aren't doing everything they can then what are they doing?

Don Fluffles

Oct 28, 2017

Exactly this. It's why I've been pushing for taking action so hard on this forum.

We know things are bad. Not doing anything to make it better will just make things worse.

Katamari

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I'm not a mega fan of RGB either for various reasons but haven't we already been over this again and again? If she had retired Obama couldn't have replaced her because the GOP would have blocked it like they did with Gorsich. Or was this during that slim window where we had all 3 chambers? And wasn't that only for 2008 and 2009 or something?

Legitimately asking here, seems like I get contradicting data from people all the time on those 8 years...

You only need the White House and 50 senators to nominate and confirm a Supreme Court justice. Obama had the senate until January 2015.

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's becoming clear that, if you are a woman in a red state, you may want to explore the possibility of leaving. Even if Roe v Wade isn't overturned this Supreme Court is clearly ok with allowing it to be overridden at the state level. And Democrats are not going to take the necessary steps at the federal level to protect the rights of women to make decisions over their own bodies.

It's tragic and it's tiring. My heart goes out to the women in Texas who don't have the privilege to pick up and move elsewhere, or or who can't afford to fly or drive to a state where they have full rights.

Virtua Saturn

Oct 27, 2017
It's becoming clear that, if you are a woman in a red state, you may want to explore the possibility of leaving. Even if Roe v Wade isn't overturned this Supreme Court is clearly ok with allowing it to be overridden at the state level. And Democrats are not going to take the necessary steps at the federal level to protect the rights of women to make decisions over their own bodies.

It's tragic and it's tiring. My heart goes out to the women in Texas who don't have the privilege to pick up and move elsewhere, or or who can't afford to fly or drive to a state where they have full rights.

This is at the top of my mind right now. I live in Missouri and I know law makers here are giddy to follow suit with this. Might have to make that move to Chicago.

Aug 12, 2019
"Vote harder" also dismisses that there is active legislation pending to throw out voting results that state legislatures don't like.

There is a reason that voting rights need strong federal protections, backed by the Supreme Court, there is a reason we need federal anti-gerrymandering legislation & electoral reform, there's a reason we need to expand the House of Representatives, get rid of the filibuster, and expand the federal judiciary.

"Vote harder" ignores that, much like Climate change, we've simply run out of time. The fascists are here, and they're not quiet about what life will be like when they regain power, and how they will leverage that power. Any Democrat who doesn't behave as if we are in a crisis is complicit in what comes next.

Lieberman will always be remembered for no public option, Roberts' court will always be remembered for Citizens United and Shelby v Holder, Collins will always be remembered for Kav, and this court will always be remembered if they nuke Roe and we don't put in any legislation to save it.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. Electoralism relies on an enormous amount of time to swing things gradually in the favor of the party. It's becoming a fantasy to suggest we can wait until things are "further in our favor despite attempts to literally make that impossible by the right". We don't have another 10 years to wait until the Supreme Court can be shifted back to the center with two conservative justices dying/retiring and just hoping the timing of the Presidency and Senate are on our side when it does. We don't have time to pass Voting Rights legislation in 2 year, 4 years, or whatever with what's happening now. And so on. There's a drum being beaten of electoralism is the solution, but it relies on the asset that we have the least of and that causes the most suffering the more we expend trying to wait for a solution: TIME. And even with that focus on time, we are years away from the real "solutions" people are proposing and get angry at when you evaluate them in a negative light. We're a year and 2 months away from the November 2022 election people. And we have to hope every single thing goes the way of Democrats to hold on to the House and to hope the Senate manages to expand its majority. That doesn't even get us to results and a super majority, just a "technically we can re-examine the filibuster" majority if more moderates don't balk at it.

Warhawk4Ever

Banned
Jun 23, 2021
Act while we still can before the Senate becomes literally unwinnable? Pressure what Senators we have while we can to unfuck the fucked up stuff. But I'm also way more sick and tired of pointing to the core institutions as being fundamentally fucked in ways that electoralism can barely solve and being asked "What do you suggest" and the obvious answer is that the the whole of it is rotted and it probably needs to be replaced. I don't know where you get the political will for that and honestly, I doubt it's possible in the current US and we may not be talking real change til the US balkanizes as I have largely suspected it will innevitably because the fracturing is only getting worse. And while that might not happen in the next 10-15 years, I don't the US gets out of this century intact and will be crippled by climate crises by the end of the century. Yeah, that's going to seriously impact a lot of people negatively when it happens, but I'm increasingly convinced the US just isn't going to be able to last.

The best I've got, and again, this isn't on me or any forum goer, but on the wealthy assholes that currently do wield an enormous amount of power, Biden and 90% of the Senate included because I am not inclined to even like, let alone excuse and idolize, most politicians and think most of them have probably caused more harm than good on a global scale... but I digress, Is to at least go all out with what we have. I don't know how you convince Manchin and Sinema to change their tune, but they have to be convinced to choose the greater good of doing things to protect the American people and their rights over their own misplaced judgments of their own character and electoral chances. They do the right thing now, and Manchin probably loses in 2024 (which I think he does regardless of his path now, so he might as well go big), but we have a seat from Pennsylvania or North Carolina or Wisconsin to make up for his loss. Sinema is Sinema, but there has to be someway to convince her that its in her political self interest to preserve people's rights. As for the others you work through their various weak points to the best of your ability and convince them of doing the right thing. And I'm sure the ever loving corporate wing of the Democratic party can come up with plenty of money and cushy correspondent jobs for anyone else that feels at risk of losing/being primaried whatever.

But I do think we're rapidly approaching a tipping point that puts Democrats out of power for the next decade and people just don't have the time for that reality, and the fascists are looking to solidify their power through stolen electoralism, and there's an above average chance they can get it in the House through Redistricting this year without further intervention by Congress and the Senate already disadvantages them. You act now because you have the opportunity to do it, and as much as Manchin likes to talk about 10 good Republicans, I'm looking for 10 good moderate Democrats that put country over self interest and principle and seize the moment. I think it only becomes a harder reality to make change happen from here on out.

For all the talk of liberals saying voters have to act against the greater evil now so we don't suffer the consequences later, the party has to do the same if we want any chance at better things and retaining the rights of the people.

I actually agree with 90% of what you said. I honestly don't believe there is anything Dem leadership can give or do to force Manchin, Sinema, and others to do what is right. It's why I am a bit more understanding when it comes to party leadership than many in this thread.

Like you, I don't know how to convince the wider populace of what is at stake. The media doesn't give two shits how complicit it is even after four years of Trump. Most folks just show up for a Presidential election and even then, tens of millions still cant be bothered.

It's also why I have to find accomplishments to be happy about even if they arent as impactful as Id like, IE ACA vs public option, Dodd Frank even though it should've been stronger and those responsible in the banks and financial institutions/govt officials responsible for the recession shouldve been prosecuted.

Basically, you and I are in the same boat where we can see said boat slowly sinking but unfortunately we alone cant keep it afloat long enough to hit land when so many others are asleep or prefer to just stand idly by.

OP
OP
Senator Toadstool

Senator Toadstool

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

leaving isn't a possibility for the people who this will effect and it's tiring to explain this (I don't mean to attack you and know your heart is in the right place) that's the purpose of these laws. It won't affect women of means. it will affect black brown and indigenous women

Thordinson

Aug 1, 2018
you missed my point, SCOTUS didnt make a decision one way or another in regards to this case, it was a procedural decision. Could they explicitly or effectively overturn Casey and Roe in this case (once it makes its way into the court system) or the other cases? Yes. Is the decision this case is about indicative of that? NO

The Mississippi case will be used to gut Roe v. Wade. I doubt SCOTUS will take up a case about this specific law. They may possibly lump it in with the Mississippi case.

Abortion is effectively banned in Texas. That much is for sure.

Zyae

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Mar 17, 2020
The Mississippi case will be used to gut Roe v. Wade. I doubt SCOTUS will take up a case about this specific law. They may possibly lump it in with the Mississippi case.

Abortion is effectively banned in Texas. That much is for sure.

There will be a lawsuit filed about this particular law in Texas within the week, this thread is misleading.

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
There will be a lawsuit filed about this particular law in Texas within the week, this thread is misleading.
www.theguardian.com

Most extreme abortion law in US takes effect in Texas

US supreme court fails to act to block near-total ban that allows private citizens to sue abortion providers

You mean the appeal the SCOTUS has ignored? Yeah, highly effective. They're enacting this by ignoring their role in the court and the upshot is the law being enacted.

This isn't something to go "don't care, it'll be fixed". It's not being fixed.

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
leaving isn't a possibility for the people who this will effect and it's tiring to explain this (I don't mean to attack you and know your heart is in the right place) that's the purpose of these laws. It won't affect women of means. it will affect black brown and indigenous women

Yes, I am keenly aware of this and I didn't mean to imply otherwise. Women who have money can always get an abortion. These laws are targeted at women who are poor and/or POC, absolutely. This is part of why Republicans are so gleeful online today about this.

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Well, until then, it's effectively banned.

Which isn't helpful in the meantime to those who will miss out on care.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
You only need the White House and 50 senators to nominate and confirm a Supreme Court justice. Obama had the senate until January 2015.

Okay gotcha.

Obama didn't want to add seats, so he didn't. RGB didn't want to retire because reasons so he never got a chance to replace her. Then once Dems lost the Senate McConnell blocked Obama's appointment to a newly vacant seat.

I can see why people would be mad about it now, and it's pisses me off too. Had she retired it may not even had been Gorsuch at that point either.

Sky Chief

Oct 30, 2017
Democrats need to grow a fucking spine and actually do something about the right wing minority who can't win popular elections making all the fucking rules in this country. The right wing's power grab becomes more egregious every day and yet the people who actually have a little bit of power to do something about it aren't fighting the way that they should.

May 26, 2018
Democrats need to grow a fucking spine and actually do something about the right wing minority who can't win popular elections making all the fucking rules in this country. The right wing's power grab becomes more egregious every day and yet the people who actually have a little bit of power to do something about it aren't fighting the way that they should.

Because a part of that group supports what's going on. That's really it. There are people who care, but not enough for America is deeply fucked culturally.

Warhawk4Ever

Banned
Jun 23, 2021

Beyond the few Dem Senators who can repeal the filibuster, there's
Not a damn thing that can be done outside of voting in more progressive candidates.

Warhawk4Ever

Banned
Jun 23, 2021
Okay gotcha.

Obama didn't want to add seats, so he didn't. RGB didn't want to retire because reasons so he never got a chance to replace her. Then once Dems lost the Senate McConnell blocked Obama's appointment to a newly vacant seat.

I can see why people would be mad about it now, and it's pisses me off too. Had she retired it may not even had been Gorsuch at that point either.

no....not Obama. Its the Senate. Even if Obama wanted to you'd need 50+ Senators to do so and that wasn't EVER going to happen.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
I'm starting to think it's a waste of time to pay attention to the news at all.

All it does is show you things that you can't vote against which is the only thing that you can do in this system. Or it's for something that you've already cast your vote against.

No point IMO

Like what does it gain to know that this third party did something bad that we can do nothing about. There's no tangible difference from being uninformed but voting and being informed and trying to do everything you can. You could just off me and replace me with a bot that adds +1 to the Democrats and have equivalent value.

Last edited:

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
Well that was fast, I just got on and clicked this thread.. then I see.

Screenshot-20210901-102459-Chrome.jpg

ezekial45

Oct 25, 2017
I just want to share this video with the great Jane Elliot explaining the Right-wing obsession with outlawing abortions and dismantling Planned Parenthood. It's not about religion, it's about maintaining a steady flow of white children to keep the white population as a majority. It's about maintaining white supremacy.

Texas is step one of a larger scheme to outlaw abortions throughout this country.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
i mean at that point there wasn't any need to. His assumption was Dems would win in 2016 and therefore he couldnt foresee a 6-3 scotus.
I don't think the composition of SCOTUS has anything to do with Obama predicting who would win in 2016.

The real reason neither party has packed the Supreme Court to their advantage is because it's broadly unpopular with voters, and everyone is still internalizing the lesson of FDR, at the height of his powers, getting smacked down for his attempt at doing so.