• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tacitus

Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Love Rod, good Celtic man.
A long time ago I was in a Vancouver pub to watch a Rangers-Celtic match at 8 in the morning. There was a guy there by himself, who I was sure looked a lot like Rod Stewart. I figured it can't be, because nobody was bothering him. Celtic were getting thrashed 3-0 iirc and 5 or 10 minutes from the end he got up to leave, and immediately a dozen other people jumped up to say hello etc. So it was him, and unknown to me he had some tour dates there. I thought it was very respectful of everyone to not bother him while he was watching the match. This was before the days of smartphones.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
A long time ago I was in a Vancouver pub to watch a Rangers-Celtic match at 8 in the morning. There was a guy there by himself, who I was sure looked a lot like Rod Stewart. I figured it can't be, because nobody was bothering him. Celtic were getting thrashed 3-0 iirc and 5 or 10 minutes from the end he got up to leave, and immediately a dozen other people jumped up to say hello etc. So it was him, and unknown to me he had some tour dates there. I thought it was very respectful of everyone to not bother him while he was watching the match. This was before the days of smartphones.
I met him in Italy during Italia 90. He was drunk out his brains after the Scotland win over Sweden. I always thought he was Scottish and was quite surprised by his (drunken slurry) English accent. Good bloke though.

Sasliquid

Oct 25, 2017
Hate to burst people's bubble but isn't Rod Stewart an enoch powell stan? Rivers of blood and all that bollocks

Lylo

Oct 25, 2017
Some people love trains so much that they even make songs about it, right Saxon?

bawjaws

Oct 28, 2017
And fair fucks to Rod, this layout is pretty fucking sweet. According to Wiki, it's 23ft x 124ft, which is pretty fucking ginormous, and he's evidently put a metric fuckton of effort into it all.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
Hate to burst people's bubble but isn't Rod Stewart an enoch powell stan? Rivers of blood and all that bollocks
Is he?

Do you have a source for this? I don't remember hearing about this before.
sorry for pointing out the guy is a racist
Did you really though? It felt more like speculation without evidence.

Possibly confusing him with someone else?

I never heard of this before, and I can't seem to find anything about it with some quick searches on google to even remotely mention this.

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting, apparently David Bowie, Roger Daltry, and Eric Clapton were too.

Is he?

Do you have a source for this? I don't remember hearing about this before.

Did you really though? It felt more like speculation without evidence.

Possibly confusing him with someone else?

I never heard of this before, and I can't seem to find anything about it with some quick searches on google to even remotely mention this.
Per the fourth link of googling "enoch powell rod stewart":
Rod Stewart circa 1970 said:
I think Enoch [Powell] is the man. I'm all for him. This country is overcrowded. The immigrants should be sent home. That's it.

BlueTsunami

Oct 29, 2017
There's something about the detail and density of it thats enthralling. I get why people are super into it now.

Kay

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Imagining him wearing a conductors hat at 3:30 in the morning railing lines of coke and building this

Laserdisk

Banned
May 11, 2018
UK
Saw thread title, expected a sex thing.
Opened thread, saw a film model set.
Impressive stuff.
Games wish they had that skybox.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Wow incredible. So much detail. Packed to the rim with things.
Would hate to clean the thing though.

Vilam

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, that's fucking cool. Have to admit, first thing I wondered was if he actually built it himself. It's neat that he did.

Box

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lancashire
Makes it clear he rang in because his wife said he was being dissed. Ignores Jeremy's 'and me too?' when offering Jules a pick up. The deepest of deep sighs when Jeremy interrupts him and Jules talking about trains lol I enjoyed that haha

lil jetski

Nov 1, 2017
I think Neil Young is also very into model trains. If I recall correctly, he even has a patent for something related to it.