• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Harley Quinn is more like the Cap or the Iron Man of the Suicide Squad. You kinda can't lock her out without ruining the entire roster.

Spidey is a reserve member the Avengers regularly operate without.
Not really. She's a fairly recent addition to Suicide Squad stories.
I'm sure she will be front and centre on the box art though.

Makoto Yuki

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
What about that Batman game?

Looking forward to this tough, hopefully it's still in the Arkham game universe.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Batman sidekicks are actually good though (and you'll still be 100% be playing as Batman too).
Maybe Cass and Nightwing (if he even counts). Robin is eternal jester territory, no one wants to play as Robin.

I still hope it is SP game like Arkham trilogy. Two GAAS at the same time is simply overkill.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
Oh god please don't be more GaaS, please.
After Avengers I can't take it.
Skyrim paved the way for Open Worlds from last gen to this gen. Destiny paves the way for GaaS next gen. This I predict will be the majority of games. We'll see less big releases at the same time and instead games as platforms that compete over your time. I can't believe that's what the market is coming to, but underneath it all games follow the general software industry trends closer than we think.

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Ee0jNspXYAU-L3R

Looks like Bizarro to me

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
I just want a good Superman game. I'm tired of Batman, and the last thing I want from WB Montreal's Batman game is "IT'S BATMAN, BUT WITH MULTIPLAYER". Stop trying to force me to play with random assholes on the internet, WB.

So if this game and Batmantreal are both multiplayer games, what the hell is there to look forward to in terms of DC games?

Injustice 3?

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if Superman will be the main antagonist. He's gone evil, defeated the justice league and taken over the world or something. So they have to unleash the suicide squad to stop him. That would actually be kinda neat.

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019
I really really really hope it doesn't end up like another Avengers situation

Luckily Rocksteady has built some groundwork with Batman and its combat system. I just hope its a really fun next gen title with a good story that revamps the beat em up system they refined.

dep9000

Banned
Mar 31, 2020
Harley Quinn is more like the Cap or the Iron Man of the Suicide Squad. You kinda can't lock her out without ruining the entire roster.

Spidey is a reserve member the Avengers regularly operate without.
I know next to nothing about Suicide Squad, but I did look at the wiki to see who the members were. I thought Joker may be a member since he was in the movie, I think. But I guess he wasn't. And as for Harley, it looks like she did not make an appearance in the Suicide Squad until 2011 when apparently the comic dates back to 1959! Maybe Harley is the primary member now, but that has not always been the case. If anything it looks like this Rick Flag guy is more akin to Captain or Iron Man of the Suicide Squad.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Maybe Cass and Nightwing (if he even counts). Robin is eternal jester territory, no one wants to play as Robin.

I still hope it is SP game like Arkham trilogy. Two GAAS at the same time is simply overkill.
Nightwing is for sure going to be playable in this if the rumours of the Batfamily focus are to be believed imo. Cass lol no :/ I guess it'll be Barbara and Tim for certain on top of Nightwing.

I also hope WB doesn't pull some shit like that (I think they had some bullshit in the Mordor sequel, but I'm not sure). Although I'm at the very least expecting co-op and the like (which could be fun, say, if it's couch co-op, but I don't want a GaaS focus on multiplayer even if they still give you that option).

Trejo

Oct 25, 2017
If it's really another Online-only GaaS title just like Avengers then there goes any interest I may have had down the toilet. That's not even taking into account what an unappealing thought a Suicide Squad game is.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
Okay this tease alone has me more interested then Avengers did.

CorpseLight

Nov 3, 2018
Niche Character Harley Quinn exclusive to PlayStation

I'm really not a fan of Sony pushing their weight around again, paying for exclusive Spider-man in Avengers really doesnt sit right with me.

I don't even like Harley Quinn but if they did something like that again for this game, I feel like it would be the last straw for me.

Nightwing is for sure going to be playable in this if the rumours of the Batfamily focus are to be believed imo. Cass lol no :/ I guess it'll be Barbara and Tim for certain on top of Nightwing.

I also hope WB doesn't pull some shit like that (I think they had some bullshit in the Mordor sequel, but I'm not sure). Although I'm at the very least expecting co-op and the like (which could be fun, say, if it's couch co-op, but I don't want a GaaS focus on multiplayer even if they still give you that option).
No Cass?! Pass.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
I wouldn't expect for this game to have been done in 5 years.

Such a long time tells me they have at least one cancelled or rebooted title.

If it's a GAAS time it's perfectly in time.

Avengers took 4+ years and it was developed by 4 studios.

A GAAS suicide squad game taking 5 years and developed only by one studio with 239 devs is actually *fast* compared to Avengers.
Let's not forget that they also released Batman Arkham VR in 2016

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017

Batfamily these days means Dick, Babs, Damian, and Jason. Though I would love if they went all out and included everyone from Cass to Steph to even Duke.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017

I have zero problems if it is a singleplayer Batman game with simply optional characters for free roam/coop missions or something.
But if I see some live events, skin shop and "raids"...

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Forgive my ignorance, but outside just being a part of the DC universe what does Superman have to do with the Suicide Squad?

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
If it's a GAAS time it's perfectly in time.

Avengers took 4+ years and it was developed by 4 studios.

A GAAS suicide squad game taking 5 years and developed only by one studio with 200-ish devs is actually *fast* compared to Avengers.
Let's not forget that they also released Batman Arkham VR in 2016
We actually do know that Rocksteady cancelled a project since Arkham Knight.

(also if the reports are correct Avengers had a reboot in development as well)