• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
They are a fan favorite gaming developer. They are betting on this going away. Some gaming journalists - that actually I used to respect - were shrugging off the situation earlier treating this like yesterday's news, all excited for the gaming news next Saturday.

As long as people don't demand accountability and start actually demand gaming studios to get their shit together, things will stay as it is.

I will just requote what I've said previously on the Kim MacAskill's video thread:

And this post by Vas, that explains why generalizing and saying things like "what about Ubisoft?", "what about Insomniac" are a bad take of this situation:

You might think that the approach I have is extreme, but yet clearly there is already a defense brigade ready to attack the senior writer of the game because god damn her raining on their precious games launch parade. The only way corporations understand a message is by hitting them where it hurts. They are clearly doubling down and betting on their fan favorite clout to sweep this under the rug.

WB Games is the parent company of Rocksteady Studios, WB Montreal, it's sister studio, working in a game that is a follow up to Rocksteady's Arkham games. Hit them where it hurts, it's what I'm saying. Even more harder now that they are doubling down on this and trying to erase Kim MacAskill's testimonial with this shameful and coward PR stunt.

So fuck an entire other studio who took over their franchise and has no accusations just because it could hurt Rocksteady in some way? Nah, these victims didn't work for WB Montreal and their studio name hasn't been brought up once. What you are doing is not only unjust, but conniving as you want everyone you believe to be linked to Rocksteady to suffer with them for something they as a studio only are responsible for?

And do you realize you bringing up WB Montreal every time can give the less informed people the impression that they also have accusations against them? You are doing more harm than good here.

Mandalorian

Alt account
Banned
Jun 18, 2020
Man get out of here with that shit. Me saying boycotting ALL of WB games is excessive doesn't mean I don't want justice for what happened to those women who worked at Rocksteady. As someone who regularly works on movies sets, if someone was boycotting a movie I worked on based on wtf happened at someone else's set, I'd be pissed.

You can still get your point across without having to shut down everybody. Rocksteady is their biggest studio.

This reeks a lot with "let me enjoy this product guilt free" more than anything else. I'm not the victim of the abuse. All I said was to WB Games as a whole and everything connected to their content can go fuck themselves and that people should vote with their wallet.

I'm voting with my wallet. I'm not going to watch their FanDome streaming even more so now that they have double down against the woman that was brave enough to share this video:

I'm just one person on a message board calling out a big corporation on their bullshit behavior as a company. Why are you so afraid of that? Can't you see how distasteful it is in the light of the video posted above?

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Part of me wants to believe the letter is real because it's a little hard to fathom the total disdain and lack of shame you'd have to have in order to deliberately fake something like this and purport it to be coming from the very same original accusers. Especially considering I would have to imagine that, if this letter was faked, that shit will come out pretty damn quick. Like, those 7 women are going to know for sure whether or not they wrote this!

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if there are 8 women at Rocksteady thinking they must be the 1/8 that didn't cosign this letter.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man how opinions have flipped on Rocksteady in the past 48 hours

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017

Everyone should watch this video before giving input. No one posts stuff like this just for fun—there's too much risk with little personal benefit for it to be done lightly.

Don't understand any of the first replies in this thread... E. G. Its pretty clear that it's the women themselves that are upset it got out, not rocksteady.

We'll never know (which is good) who the 10 women were originally, whether they really spoke for all women at the time, and now we really don't know who the 8 are, or the seven that wrote and signed the letter...and whether they speak for all women now.

Assuming the letter is genuine then it seems that the majority of women are "happy" with how it was being handled and progress was being made.

If the letter is false, which should be easy for the women in the company to know, then they could easily and quickly go to the guardian to confirm its false... So it's probably true.

There's little doubt this was written by those people.

The problem is there were 17 women who worked there out of almost 300 people. Anyone can guesstimate who wrote that letter, and if the senior writer for the Suicide Squad game (in the video above) was fired over bringing forth a letter signed by more than half of the women who worked there, what makes you think this letter is written on their own accord? They've apparently already faced threats that they'd face repercussions for bringing up the abuse.

There's also no evidence anything substantial was done about the abusers. I don't get how anyone can take this at face value.

Last edited:

Blackbird

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Sure. Hell, it's happening in this thread.

TenderPlumpIberianmole-size_restricted.gif

Patsy

Jun 7, 2019
Germany
Ah yes, it's the women's lack of self-confidence that is the problem, not the men sexually harrassing them at work. What the fuck is that letter even, Jesus Christ.

EDIT: Also, even if miraculously things changed now & the women working there will be treated better, that still doesn't get rid of the transphobia & homophobia at the studio. You have to try harder to talk yourselves out of this, Rocksteady.

Last edited:

chromatic9

Oct 25, 2017
Weird response, not sure I'm quite getting it.

I read as "yes this happened"
"we're not happy this has got out, was agreed to be kept private"
"most of the abused women are still here putting up with the abuse to earn a living"

What the fuckidity fuck fuck

These few bad apples should be sacked in my view.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
I'm just one person on a message board calling out a big corporation on their bullshit behavior as a company. Why are you so afraid of that? Can't you see how distasteful it is in the light of the video posted above?
A. I'm not afraid. I replied to the video yesterday with how shitty Rocksteady had acted towards their staff. Go back and look at my content.
B. Calling out Rocksteady is one thing, but like I said bro, calling out ALL of WB Games is just excessive. Like the other studios have just been minding their business. Why should they pay the price for that?
This reeks a lot with "let me enjoy this product guilt free" more than anything else. I'm not the victim of the abuse. All I said was to WB Games as a whole and everything connected to their content can go fuck themselves and that people should vote with their wallet.

I'm voting with my wallet. I'm not going to watch their FanDome streaming even more so now that they have double down against the woman that was brave enough to share this video:
Read what I said above. I think what you're doing is excessive and by replying this in literally every thread that has to do with WB games, it's obvious you want people on your side.

Boycott Rocksteady if you want, I ain't against that. I just think boycotting ALL THE OTHER STUDIOS AT WB is excessive.

BrassDragon

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
"Ranging from involvement specifically with how our characters are represented to workshops to help build self-confidence within male-dominated industries."

WTF is this word salad? There are credible accusations of retaliatory HR practices, hitting on and not taking rejection from coworkers, bullying and cover ups. Maybe Rocksteady could, you know, engage with the actual accusations instead of... whatever this is supposed to mean.

aceldama

Jun 8, 2019
It speaks volues that they haven't made a statement saying that the that individuals who perpetrated the worst actions - that guy who was accused of 'repeatedly groping' and lying about sleeping with a colleague should have been gone if the claims were substantiated IMO - were fired or severely disciplined. That's the strongest response and the only way to nip this bad press in the bud as far as I can see. But obviously the can't say that if it isn't true, they've not even claimed to have 'now parted ways' with any of those people so most likely they're still there. They were happy to elbow the woman who wrote the letter out of the door though.

That's damning.

KTroopA

Oct 27, 2017
London, UK
It speaks volues that they haven't made a statement saying that the that individuals who perpetrated the worst actions - that guy who was accused of 'repeatedly groping' and lying about sleeping with a colleague should have been gone if the claims were substantiated IMO - were fired or severely disciplined. That's the strongest response and the only way to nip this bad press in the bud as far as I can see. But obviously the can't say that if it isn't true, they've not even claimed to have 'now parted ways' with any of those people so most likely they're still there. They were happy to elbow the woman who wrote the letter out of the door though.

That's damning.

Exactly. A professional and maybe even morally correct response would be to say in the first instance they are aware and investigating or some enquiry is underway etc. Instead they throw out that bs letter. Lol RS you fucked up here..

zashga

Losing is fun
Oct 28, 2017
Actually journalists, Rocksteady did everything we could to help the women who work here.

Signed,
The women

Mandalorian

Alt account
Banned
Jun 18, 2020
So fuck an entire other studio who took over their franchise and has no accusations just because it could hurt Rocksteady in some way? Nah, these victims didn't work for WB Montreal and their studio name hasn't been brought up once. What you are doing is not only unjust, but conniving as you want everyone you believe to be linked to Rocksteady to suffer with them for something they as a studio only are responsible for?

And do you realize you bringing up WB Montreal every time can give the less informed people the impression that they also have accusations against them? You are doing more harm than good here.
I wasn't posting here back then, but I don't remember an uproar neither here or anywhere with people trying to split hairs when Ubisoft was accused of a similar abominable behavior. This story should have blew up yesterday when the Guardian's article and Kim MacAskill's video were shared. It's blowing up now because fanboys are mad because I said to vote with their wallet? If this is what it takes for people to see what Rocksteady has been up and ultimately, WB Games, then I say it's worth it.

A. I'm not afraid. I replied to the video yesterday with how shitty Rocksteady had acted towards their staff. Go back and look at my content.
B. Calling out Rocksteady is one thing, but like I said bro, calling out ALL of WB Games is just excessive. Like the other studios have just been minding their business. Why should they pay the price for that?

Read what I said above. I think what you're doing is excessive and by replying this in literally every thread that has to do with WB games, it's obvious you want people on your side.

Boycott Rocksteady if you want, I ain't against that. I just think boycotting ALL THE OTHER STUDIOS AT WB is excessive.
Like I've said above, can't you see how disgraceful it is that this is blowing up only now and you are acting like WB Games defense brigade? We are 5 pages in with the biggest controversy being me saying to people to vote with their wallets regarding WB Games products?! Come on. Get your priorities straight.

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
I actually have more problems with this thread than the letter.

People jumping to stupid rapid conclusions, and immediately grabbing their pitchforks.
It's a company in which one senior writer on their newest game went public as the person who initiated the original letter of anonymous women who came forward. A company that she claims threatened her career to cover up sexual assault & protect sexual predators. And a reputable media outlet reported on it. Rocksteady responded in this stupid way.

And you have more problems with this thread? Wow.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
I'll just repeat what I said in the last thread about this:

If you don't think crunch and/or multiple forms of harassment are happening to certain groups of people in every AAA studio at this point then you're unbelievably naive. At best.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
Like I've said above, can't you see how disgraceful it is that this is blowing up only now and you are acting like WB Games defense brigade? We are 5 pages in with the biggest controversy being me saying to people to vote with their wallets regarding WB Games products?! Come on. Get your priorities straight.
The problem with your post is that you state it is no different that Ubisoft and that we should boycott all of WB Games, but it is entirely different. At Ubisoft it was the execs of the entire publisher that had claims against them, and there were claims made at various studios under their watch, so yeah, that is a perfect example to boycott a publisher. But in this case it's only Rocksteady, not all of WB Games. To then boycott Montreal, TT Games, Monolith, and all the others when they could have perfect working environments is just wrong. Like how do you not see that?

Take a moment and relax. See who the fight is really against because you're trying to hurt more people than you should.

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean I feel like a lot of people are jumping on the "this is obviously" a fake bandwagon, but......

Am I crazy for thinking there is no way they would try to fake this? I mean it's a simple matter of 2 of those women contacting The Guardian or some other news site and saying, "We never saw this letter" or "We were forced to sign this letter" and Rocksteady is fucked.

It just seems to easy to prove it's bullshit for Rocksteady to just stick it out there, even if we are living in a time of lies.

Vash

Oct 28, 2017
Ok, I've stifled my laughing fits for a bit. Cause oh boy, this is a THING.

As I've stated in a few of the other threads, if you're willing to generalize this particular situation because "it also happens at other AAA studios", you're part of the problem. You're willing to sweep this situation under the rug, just because you want to play a game. A game. Just because it's been outed here, and not at other AAA studios (yet) doesn't mean that this shit should not change in the entire industry.

Yes, people have worked hard on this, both the victims and the perpetrators as well, but in this case the victims are getting the short end of the stick. One who did her best on the game was actually fired because she dared to speak up. Nothing changed, and a few of the women who were harassed were, according to that letter, forced to follow workshops to "work on their self-esteem." Yet the men who harassed those women are getting off scott-free, while the women still have to work with them. Doesn't that seem a bit odd?

And the letter... Oh man. What can I say that hasn't already been said in this thread? It's a PR statement, it's an attempt to give ammo to their strongest defenders, it's to silence the women working there by basically saying that they're not allowing the media to talk to them. It's weak, and it just made them look even more guilty.

Whoever thought it was a good idea to share it like this made a huge PR blooper because they've started to panic at the studio, even if the letter is real.

diablogg

Oct 31, 2017
I mean I feel like a lot of people are jumping on the "this is obviously" a fake bandwagon, but......

Am I crazy for thinking there is no way they would try to fake this? I mean it's a simple matter of 2 of those women contacting The Guardian or some other news site and saying, "We never saw this letter" or "We were forced to sign this letter" and Rocksteady is fucked.

It just seems to easy to prove it's bullshit for Rocksteady to just stick it out there, even if we are living in a time of lies.

Even if the timing of this letter was a coincidence and the letter truly was 100% unsolicited, this is still something you should look at and immediately say hell no do not post this on our Twitter with comments disabled.

I'm sure the woman who knew the lead writer got fired for bringing this up with the company felt no pressure at all about this /s

Taker34

QA Tester
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
building stone people

Because when they can pressure their workers to sign/write that crap, they can intimidate them enough so they won't talk to the press about it. For these people their jobs and livelihoods are on the line. Just consider the pressure and toxic culture within the company, you can be sure they'll have no other choice.

And that's if you chose to ignore the many folks inside and outside the company, who independently confirmed the victim's stories. Unless they're suddenly liars too.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
I wasn't posting here back then, but I don't remember an uproar neither here or anywhere with people trying to split hairs when Ubisoft was accused of a similar abominable behavior. This story should have blew up yesterday when the Guardian's article and Kim MacAskill's vídeos were shared. It's blowing up now because fanboys are mad because I said to vote with their wallet? If this is what it takes for people to see what Rocksteady has been up and ultimately, WB Games, then I say it's worth it.

Oh yeah, you MUST be a fanboy to speak up against you wrongfully throwing a different studio (that has innocent people working there with families they support) into this Rocksteady mess for the sole reason of harming Rocksteady for what Rocksteady is being accused of. Only at the expense of WB Montreal as well.... just because. Right?

If there are no accusations against a studio, leave them out of it. WB Montreal isn't Rocksteady's other studio or second team, they only took over the franchise because the publisher and Rocksteady wanted to tackle other DC properties. But you refuse to accept that this other studio have no responsibility for what happened to these victims, or you just have a personal grudge against them for whatever reason.

Deleted member 46804

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 17, 2018
If this is a genuine response from the women at the studio then they should reach out to the media to discuss their experience. As it stands it comes across as propaganda from the studio itself and there's no way to verify how genuine the opinions expressed in the letter truly are.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Would you believe it! Sat around the table working hard on our reply to the Guardian article when what should pop under the door but this get out of jail free card, penned by 8 of the 10 staff who still remain and aren't at all under massive, unprecedented pressure being such a minority in our studio as our project comes to a close in times of Covid 19, high unemployment and the start of the biggest recession this country has ever seen. Would you believe it?! Oh, the authors want to remain anonymous, so if you'd be so kind as to not dig any deeper obvs don't @ me 'cause there's nothing to see here; please disperse. -Rocksteady twitter

It's not a good look.

You actually failed to include the best part, it was penned by 7 out of the 10 staff who signed the original letter. However, 8 of those 10 staff members that signed the original letter still work at the company. In other words, they couldn't get all the women still at the company to sign this new "totally genuine" letter.

What the hell were they thinking to post that.

Their exact thoughts:

giphy.gif

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
Oh yeah, you MUST be a fanboy to speak up against you wrongfully throwing a different studio (that has innocent people working there with families they support) into this Rocksteady mess for the sole reason of harming Rocksteady for what Rocksteady is being accused of. Only at the expense of WB Montreal as well.... just because. Right?

If there are no accusations against a studio, leave them out of it. WB Montreal isn't Rocksteady's other studio or second team, they only took over the franchise because the publisher and Rocksteady wanted to tackle other DC properties. But you refuse to accept that this other studio have no responsibility for what happened to these victims, or you just have a personal grudge against them for whatever reason.

I mean, you could make the same argument about "innocent people with families to support" about all the decent people at Rocksteady. Doesn't change that seemingly some key higher-ups in the company are terrible, and that it'll apparently take outside pressure to hold them accountable. I can't solely support the good people there without also supporting the bad ones if I buy their game, or rave about it online. Since we don't know for certain the individuals who committed the abuse, we have to call out Rocksteady as a whole, and since they apparently haven't cleaned up their own mess, then it's fair to call out WB as a whole.

That poster isn't saying everyone at WB Games Montreal and WB (the parent company) should be punished for this, just that if people want to send a message to Rocksteady, boycotting all of the related products is an avenue to do it.

That poster's also more than free to advocate that others do it, if only to spread awareness of the actual problem: abuse at Rocksteady, and seemingly no substantial action taken to address it. Let's not shift focus away from that because some forum poster is a little too broad for your tastes in calling for justice—their core point of "something needs to be done, and awareness needs to be spread," still stands. This nitpicking is pedantic and only serves to muddy the waters.

Big_Erk

Oct 27, 2017
Chief's Kingdom
To be fair, I don't believe this letter is fake. But I'm not sure they understood just how bad a look it gives for them to have posted it like this.
I don't believe it is fake either. But there has to be a way for them to authenticate it without outing any of those involved. Maybe, contact a respected outlet or reporter and have them corroborate the authenticity with one or more of those involved. All it would take is someone like that coming out and saying, I spoke with the involved parties and yes, this is legit.

Niklel

Prophet of Regret
Aug 10, 2020
Why would these women write a letter to the company management, though?

Send it to the Guardian.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, you could make the same argument about "innocent people with families to support" about all the decent people at Rocksteady. Doesn't change that seemingly some key higher-ups in the company are terrible, and that it'll apparently take outside pressure to hold them accountable. I can't solely support the good people there without also supporting the bad ones if I buy their game, or rave about it online. Since we don't know for certain the individuals who committed the abuse, we have to call out Rocksteady as a whole, and since they apparently haven't cleaned up their own mess, then it's fair to call out WB as a whole.

That poster isn't saying everyone at WB Games Montreal and WB (the parent company) should be punished for this, just that if people want to send a message to Rocksteady, boycotting all of the related products is an avenue to do it.

That poster's also more than free to advocate that others do it, if only to spread awareness of the actual problem: abuse at Rocksteady, and seemingly no substantial action taken to address it. Let's not shift focus away from that because some forum poster is a little too broad for your tastes in calling for justice—their core point of "something needs to be done, and awareness needs to be spread," still stands. This nitpicking is pedantic and only serves to muddy the waters.
The part that you're also missing is that WB Games the publisher isn't even mentioned at all in the article, nor in the complaints. It's all Rocksteady. For all we know, they might not even know about it. Especially if it was done internally, as Rocksteady has a huge amount of anonymity when it comes to WB involvement.

So to then say boycott all of WB Games when the other studios, nor the publisher was mentioned in accusations is excessive.

CelticKennedy

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 18, 2019

Well said Mandalorian! You must be pretty bummed about missing out on the next season on Disney +.

RESPECT!

Mandalorian

Alt account
Banned
Jun 18, 2020
The problem with your post is that you state it is no different that Ubisoft and that we should boycott all of WB Games, but it is entirely different. At Ubisoft it was the execs of the entire publisher that had claims against them, and there were claims made at various studios under their watch, so yeah, that is a perfect example to boycott a publisher. But in this case it's only Rocksteady, not all of WB Games. To then boycott Montreal, TT Games, Monolith, and all the others when they could have perfect working environments is just wrong. Like how do you not see that?

Take a moment and relax. See who the fight is really against because you're trying to hurt more people than you should.
Corporations aren't people. But they certainly have white knights.

WB Games is the parent company of Rocksteady Studios, WB Montreal is a sister studio working on a franchise that is famously linked to Rocksteady. The only way to 'hurt' a corporation is voting with your wallet. All I can do is vote with my own money. If you are worried that other people will boycott WB Games, if that's what is truly bothering you in this ordeal, don't be. WB Games and their products have a lot of fans and their defense brigade are clearly at full force here.

Ok, I've stifled my laughing fits for a bit. Cause oh boy, this is a THING.

As I've stated in a few of the other threads, if you're willing to generalize this particular situation because "it also happens at other AAA studios", you're part of the problem. You're willing to sweep this situation under the rug, just because you want to play a game. A game. Just because it's been outed here, and not at other AAA studios (yet) doesn't mean that this shit should not change in the entire industry.

Yes, people have worked hard on this, both the victims and the perpetrators as well, but in this case the victims are getting the short end of the stick. One who did her best on the game was actually fired because she dared to speak up. Nothing changed, and a few of the women who were harassed were, according to that letter, forced to follow workshops to "work on their self-esteem." Yet the men who harassed those women are getting off scott-free, while the women still have to work with them. Doesn't that seem a bit odd?

And the letter... Oh man. What can I say that hasn't already been said in this thread? It's a PR statement, it's an attempt to give ammo to their strongest defenders, it's to silence the women working there by basically saying that they're not allowing the media to talk to them. It's weak, and it just made them look even more guilty.

Whoever thought it was a good idea to share it like this made a huge PR blooper because they've started to panic at the studio, even if the letter is real.

Very well said.

And people wonder why women don't speak out against sexual harassment. The fact that an weak response like this one they have tweeted and the outrage on this thread is more focused on me saying that the corporations that are part of the same company should fuck themselves is pretty telling.

Last edited:

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
I mean, you could make the same argument about "innocent people with families to support" about all the decent people at Rocksteady. Doesn't change that seemingly some key higher-ups in the company are terrible, and that it'll apparently take outside pressure to hold them accountable. I can't solely support the good people there without also supporting the bad ones if I buy their game, or rave about it online.

That poster's also more than free to advocate that others do it, if only to spread awareness of the actual problem: abuse at Rocksteady, and seemingly no substantial action taken to address it. Let's not shift focus away from that because some forum poster is a little too broad for your tastes in calling for justice—their core point of "something needs to be done, and awareness needs to be spread," still stands.

So boycotting WB Montreal's games ISN'T punishing them? For something they have nothing to do with? Good lord....

You want to send a message to Rockstready.... why not just boycott their games? Why drag in a studio that was handed over the Batman franchise by the publisher?

Why is it so hard to fathom that you can spread awareness WITHOUT dragging down a studio that has no accusations against them? Rocksteady is it's own company, and if the people who worked there at any level knew what was going on, then they share the responsibility. WB Montreal is completely separate from whats happening there and their employees shouldn't be punished for this situation.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
User Banned (1 week): Concern trolling in a serious thread; whataboutism
Corporations aren't people. But they certainly have white knights.

WB Games is the parent company of Rocksteady Studios, WB Montreal is a sister studio working on a franchise that is famously linked to Rocksteady. The only way to 'hurt' a corporation is voting with your wallet. All I can do is vote with my own money. If you are worried that other people will boycott WB Games, if that's what is truly bothering you in this ordeal, don't be. WB Games and their products have a lot of fans and their defense brigade are clearly at full force here.

Very well said.

I applaud the scorched earth policy you got but I really hope you keep the same energy for mandalorian season 2 since Rosario Dawson is there

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
The part that you're also missing is that WB Games the publisher isn't even mentioned at all in the article, nor in the complaints. It's all Rocksteady. For all we know, they might not even know about it. Especially if it was done internally, as Rocksteady has a huge amount of anonymity when it comes to WB involvement.

So to then say boycott all of WB Games when the other studios, nor the publisher was mentioned in accusations is excessive.

Excessive by what metric? Because when it comes to matters of holding accountable powerful, wealthy figures (e.g. the abusers at a AAA game studio), there's no such thing as a minimum/maximum amount of protest or spreading of awareness—all to often this stuff never comes to light, and even when it does, it's no guaranteed to go anywhere.

I'm not going to tone police someone calling for action in this instance. Someone saying "Fuck Rocksteady, AND fuck WB," doesn't instantly banish them to another dimension—unless they're sending harsh messages to individuals who aren't invovled, it sure as hell isn't comparable to the abuse described in Kim MacAskill's postings.

It's a waste of time getting nitpicky about exactly how one individual on a message board is trying to spread the word when we don't even know if anything's going to be done about the abusers at Rocksteady, either of that company's own accord, or by WB.

In fact, forcing Rocksteady, WB Games Montreal, and WB itself to publicly set the record straight would be better than allowing them to post platitudinal pap like their responses to The Guardian et al. If "#FuckWB," started trending, I would never criticise the people posting it before the abusers responsible for this whole mess are outed and held accountable.

Bruh you're acting extreme. I got friends who work at WB Games. They don't need to be punished because of shitty Rocksteady.

Shit there's people on this forum that work for WB Games. They all need to be punished too?

Posting "Fuck WB Games" isn't punishing them. It's not the responsibility of random forumgoers to out the individual abusers who do deserve to be punished when those abusers are being protected by one of WB's companies.

Woodbeam

May 6, 2019
It's unbelievable that after months of this latest, most explosive wave of revelations of gender discrimination and sexual harrassment in the industry they've found new depths to plumb with this response. I didn't think I could be shocked anymore, but there it is. This should only cause The Guardian and reputable industry journalists to double down on their investigations, and it appears that's indeed what's happening. Good. The bravery of the former lead writer in posting that video can't be overstated, she deserves all the support in the world.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
It's a waste of time getting nitpicky about exactly how one individual on a message board is trying to spread the word when we don't even know if anything's going to be done about the abusers at Rocksteady, either of that company's own accord, or by WB. In fact, forcing Rocksteady, WB Games Montreal, and WB itself to publicly set the record straight would be better than allowing them to post platitudinal pap like their responses to The Guardian et al.
This is entirely the point. WB Montreal isn't involved in the accusations at all, nor is the publisher WB Games. It's literally ONLY Rocksteady Studios. Nobody else. Did you even read the article? None of them are mentioned. Not once. JUST Rocksteady.

And that's why that "burn everything" rhetoric is bad, because now you lump in everybody else who were completely removed from the incident. They ain't got shit to do with it.