• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CrazyDude

Oct 25, 2017
Rocksteady will forever be making a game but never revealing it, it will be a new social experiment to see how long they can last.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
Rocksteady will forever be making a game but never revealing it, it will be a new social experiment to see how long they can last.
If they're anything like Retro, they'll stay quiet for another year, and then it will finally be revealed that they are making yet another Arkham game. Lol.

Genetrik

Oct 27, 2017
For years I have been waiting and every time I got disappointed. I truly hope this E3 will finally give us a revelation.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Guessing that RS will show at the PS5 reveal
Avengers at MS E3, and it will look a little too good for next-gen, a la Star Wars 1313 (RIP)

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Square Enix is making Avengers

Though I do anticipate Roscksteady's game to be next-gen

Rendering those ninja turtles properly takes time

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Kotaku said it was:

1. Superheroes
2. Not Superman or Justice League.
3. Not really Batman
4. Group of superheroes

So those three stand out from DC properties.
oh I didn't know there were already confirmed hints

what does "not really Batman" mean though??

also I meant that strictly from personal preference, I don't like any of those 3 groups

OP
OP
ItWasMeantToBe19
Oct 26, 2017

also I meant that strictly from personal preference, I don't like any of those 3 groups

He said "it's not Batman" but I'm not sure if Teen Titans would count since that has Robin is why I phrased it like that.

I love Teen Titans but hate Green Lantern and Suicide Squad...

aglioeoglio

Gaming Writer/Editor at The Hollywood Reporter
Verified
Feb 5, 2019

I'm guessing it is a Batman-related title, but not focusing on Batman himself. Wouldn't that lend credence to a Teen Titans rumor?

Tokio Blues

Sep 14, 2018
Yea.. it should be Batman. It's never enough. May be, Batman training Damian Wayne? like God of War wannabe?

Green Yoshi

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cologne (Germany)
Too bad they only made one PSVR game.

2020 could become a very interesting year. The new game by Rocksteady, the new game by Crystal Dynamics, the next Assassin's Creed, The Last of Us II and maybe Grand Theft Auto VI. And probably the release of PlayStation 5 and Xbox Scarlett.

Oct 26, 2017
After the immense disappointment that was AK for me I just hope they will bring their goodness again because I've missed it. I can't deny that I'm very curious. It's really about time we got a reveal too. What was it, two years ago that they said they were making something that would truly wow us? Just that it wasn't time yet to reveal it.

scabobbs

Oct 28, 2017
I was just thinking today how ridiculously long we've had to wait to see whatever Rocksteady is working on. I wonder if they're going to announce it and release it very quickly after? Maybe this game is already basically done. God I wish they'd have kept making Arkham games :(

unicornKnight

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
Meh I tried to get into Arkham City and I couldn't, Arkham Knight, same story. I'll just replay Arkham Asylum. I usually like open world games but in Batman games there's no feel of progressions, you can go everywhere from the start and you are just following some markers where to go next.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I was just thinking today how ridiculously long we've had to wait to see whatever Rocksteady is working on. I wonder if they're going to announce it and release it very quickly after? Maybe this game is already basically done. God I wish they'd have kept making Arkham games :(
It's only been 2.5 years since their last project (the main team did Arkham VR) :/

OP
OP
ItWasMeantToBe19
Oct 26, 2017

This game is going to be like Diablo/Destiny so I'm sure it's nowhere close to being done and might still be years away. But I do think they're going to announce it this year.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
After the fallout from Anthem being rushed out too soon, I have no problem with Rocksteady delaying the reveal of their project as long as they want.

OP
OP
ItWasMeantToBe19
Oct 26, 2017
Couple things I found today:

1. The design director of this game was the design director of The Division so we can probably tell where this is going, it's going to be an online loot game.
2. The lead writer of this game was a writer on Destiny 2.
3. They somehow just hired their lead writer and their design director two months ago which suggests there's several years left in development.
4. The game takes place in a city which... is not very interesting information, I know :/

Last edited:

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017

1. The design director of this game was the design director of The Division so we can probably tell where this is going, it's going to be an online loot game.
2. The lead writer of this game was the lead writer on Destiny 2.
3. They somehow just hired their lead writer and their design director two months ago which suggests there's several years left in development.
4. The game takes place in a city which... is not very interesting information, I know :/

I hate almost everything you just said. :(

OP
OP
ItWasMeantToBe19
Oct 26, 2017
5. Leaning to this being a shooter. The weapon artists they hired all have focused near exclusively on drawing guns. Leaning against Teen Titans and towards Suicide Squad at this point.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018

2. The lead writer of this game was the lead writer on Destiny 2.
This sounds like.... exactly what I did not want to hear...

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019

Noooo... I wanted another single-player action game. In WB Montreal we trust, then.

It's a Deathstroke and Deadpool crossover online looter shooter, of course!

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2017

Hiring writers may be for service updates going forward, not necessarily indicating the game is years out.

Would be hilarious but unsurprising if RS took over the rebooted Suicide Squad. WB Montreal is on Batfamily something I think. Trading places! I think WB really wants to make Fetch happen vis a vis Suicide Squad.