• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Poor guy, I hope he doesn't lose his job because, while I see why people would twist a tweet like that, I can also see there was no malicious intent and he simply was relating Rocksteady's work to DC.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
1) It's not a Justice League game. 2) It's so fucking obnoxious and damaging when people hunt out and highlight social media posts like this. There's this community of small but irritating DC/Rocksteady fans and YouTubers who keep spreading false rumors, harassing developers for clues, and DMing me every day begging me to tell them what the next game is. It's gotta stop.

guys the trick is to not ask at all and he'll pm you the next game. i can't stop getting messages from the gaming industry about what rocksteady's next game is. it's infuriating.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Kind of a dick move to get this guy fired.

Ya, he goofed but he might have gotten away with it if it weren't for you meddling kids.

Mega1X

The Fallen
Jun 4, 2018
Kind of a dick move to get this guy fired.

Ya, he goofed but he might have gotten away with it if it weren't for you meddling kids.

In my opinion, and I know it wont be a popular opinion, I feel like he shares a slight percentage of blame. If I got a job at lets say Naughty Dog as a QA Tester I feel like that should not be stated on twitter where there is a chance tons of people see it. I feel like its a big risk. It should be kept to yourself and only shared about it after the experience. Just my two cents

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
You know he probably meant this as in look at what heroes I am joining and not "this is what I am going to work on, a JL game!" (because it's not Justice League).

My take too. If I had to guess, the QA person just posted the image to be like "WE'RE AN AWESOME TEAM YO" and Rocksteady was all "yo we make DC games, this could give people the wrong idea, you should change it." I don't really think it's anything more than that.

illmatic22

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Super Bowl LII Champions
1) It's not a Justice League game. 2) It's so fucking obnoxious and damaging when people hunt out and highlight social media posts like this. There's this community of small but irritating DC/Rocksteady fans and YouTubers who keep spreading false rumors, harassing developers for clues, and DMing me every day begging me to tell them what the next game is. It's gotta stop.
I have to ask, did they demand the Snyder cut?

Jul 13, 2018
I don't understand why people would think this guy would lose his job over posting a generic DC gif?! It's pretty much a well known secret that Rocksteady's next game is DC related and this poor guy did absolutely nothing wrong. The fanbase just latches onto any and all "rumors/leaks" like a pack of hungry wolves. lol

Dynamite Cop

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
People doubting that he'll get fired(regardless if a DC game exists or not).. yeah it could go either way. I've seen people let go for far less when I worked in QA lol

OP
OP
est1992

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
Can a mod change the thread title for me? I think what I was trying to get across got misconstrued. Just erase the Justice League part and put DC.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
I mean to be fair they shouldn't be posting anything regards to just "I got hired to this amazing team can't wait to create magic with them"

Angeal78

Game Producer at MistWall Studio
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Broke the NDA before joining AMAZING... I hope they still hire him.

Dynamite Cop

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
If there's no Justice League game, why would he attach that original DCEU gif and not just a Batman gif? Maybe his intention was just to troll people and it was misinterpreted as a leak?

OP
OP
est1992

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
That is literally what he posted. It's preposterous that people are reading so much into a gif.
At least acknowledge that I wasn't saying that Rocksteady's game is Justice League. My post says none of that.

The only thing it says is that this could point to RS expanding their scope of the DC Universe.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Somebody that doesn't work for rocksteadygames posts a picture of justice league.

Justice league confirmed

Soulstoner

Oct 27, 2017
15th post nailed it. Thread should be locked and forgotten about by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.