• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
Rocksteady, known for their Batman Arkham trilogy, just announced the hiring of new employees to their growing roster, and one of them may have gotten too excited.

Captured by someone before they changed it, here's the two tweets.

Rocksteady's game has been rumored to be everything from Superman to Justice League to even the Suicide Squad, but could this be a real hint to whatever they're working on?

Recently an email seemingly leaked detailing an announcement plan for a WB DC game that details what seems to be a game spanning the DC Universe from Gotham to Star City. That announcement is supposedly slated for June 4th. The gif, accompanied with this, may lead some credence to the fact that Rocksteady is indeed working on a game spanning the entire DC Universe.

Karthane

Mar 20, 2018
That gif plays before DC movies. I wouldn't take it as a sign they are working on a JL game, just a DC property.

ASleepingMonkey

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Iowa
We already know they're not making a JL game, I think they're just posting it because Rocksteady is just kind of a DC studio st this point.

Mega1X

The Fallen
Jun 4, 2018
I guess now is a good time to say next week I'm looking for a new job XD

EDIT: In all seriousness, why people aren't patient and let them reveal it when it's ready is beyond me.

Last edited:

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
You know he probably meant this as in look at what heroes I am joining and not "this is what I am going to work on, a JL game!" (because it's not Justice League).

OP
OP
est1992

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
We already know they're not making a JL game, I think they're just posting it because Rocksteady is just kind of a DC studio st this point.
I thought it was interesting because most of the time, they'll just post Batman stuff. But this guy posted a whole DC Universe gif, and then for some reason deleted it. That, accompanied with the recent leak made it intriguing

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
That's not a Justice League gif, that's DC new intro logo, it's in every movie since some years ago.

At any case, it confirms what we already knew, that Rocksteady works in something of DC.

OP
OP
est1992

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
Would he know what game(s) he'll be QAing on before joining the team fully?
They've been on the team for a minute.
You know he probably meant this as in look at what heroes I am joining and not "this is what I am going to work on, a JL game!" (because it's not Justice League).
Yeah my title is a bit misleading. But I thought it confirmed that Rocksteady has indeed become a studio that is working on a lot more than Batman.

jschreier

Press Sneak Fuck
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
1) It's not a Justice League game. 2) It's so fucking obnoxious and damaging when people hunt out and highlight social media posts like this. There's this community of small but irritating DC/Rocksteady fans and YouTubers who keep spreading false rumors, harassing developers for clues, and DMing me every day begging me to tell them what the next game is. It's gotta stop.

Hanbei

Nov 11, 2017
Most probably. I suppose he deleted it because he'd assume people would have immediatly thought it could have a relation to what they are working on right now, so deleted the tweet to avoid confusion.

Masterspeed

Oct 25, 2017
England
1) It's not a Justice League game. 2) It's so fucking obnoxious and damaging when people hunt out and highlight social media posts like this. There's this community of small but irritating DC/Rocksteady fans and YouTubers who keep spreading false rumors, harassing developers for clues, and DMing me every day begging me to tell them what the next game is. It's gotta stop.

Try being a Halo fan where if we want new lore, we have to subscribe to a Halo Lootcrate just to get a piece of paper for lore.

Mega1X

The Fallen
Jun 4, 2018

Honestly for me, I don't care about rumors or whatever, i just prefer to judge the game when it actually gets revealed, and I totally agree, it seems people aren't patient enough to just wait and see. Why ruin the excitement for people.

Grimsen

Oct 25, 2017
Poor guy, can't even post anything without it being taken and twisted amd prodded. I hope it doesn't impact his new job.

OP
OP
est1992

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't say it was a JL game. All I said was it might add some credence to the idea that's its a game that spans the DC Universe. I even put it in the title that the gif is from the DCEU

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for dropping by and confirming my confirmation. It really fucking sucks. Can't imagine how much messages you get as well.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
IgMyx.gif

OP
OP
est1992

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for dropping by and confirming my confirmation. It really fucking sucks. Can't imagine how much messages you get as well.
Guys I never said I thought I was JL. Like nowhere in the post do I say that. All I said was is that Rocksteady might be making a game spanning the DC Universe. Which is big for a studio that used to only work on Batman

Ryo

Oct 28, 2017
So I guess the idea was to take the gif down before the fans get excited. Looks like they were too slow and we're about to get an influx of articles and YouTube videos.

Ryo Hazuki

Oct 25, 2017
This seems like a harmless thing which people started to misinterpret almost immediately so he deleted it. Sadly deleting it has made it worse now.

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
This is nothing and its lame that it is being forced into being something. Hope he enjoys his new position.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
PM sent.

Flavius

Oct 28, 2017
Orlando, FL

Hey Jason, don't blink once if this game features a post-hornification Bruce Timm Killing Joke romantic/sexy plotline involving Batman and Batgirl.

Aaaaaaaah! I see then! Well played, sir. Well played.

;)

Nov 30, 2018

Them fan sneak fucks

Status
Not open for further replies.