• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
They produce trailers for every piece of DLC for GTA and RDR2. It may be no more than that

Nugnip

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, are we basing this only on one job listing? They're making trailers all year long for GTA Online / Red Dead Online, of course they need people. And you know how long those trailers are? 60 seconds. Almost every single one of them. Just like what that job listing requires.

Between this and the fucking blurry as hell AC screenshot, OP certainly likes creating threads based on jack shit. The thirst is real, but come on, this doesn't do anyone any favor.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
These trailers are made ages before they're ever actually put out and go through tons of iterations/approvals, especially with a AAA game like this, so I wouldn't say we're less than many months away from an announcement if they're only hiring now.

SkoomaBlade

Chicken Chaser
Oct 30, 2017
This is what I'm thinking too. It doesn't seem to indicate an announcement is coming anytime soon, just that they're looking for someone when the time comes. I'm sure it's not too far off though.
Yo Benz, now that you got that sweet ass settlement money from R*, when are you gonna show off some info from EVERYWHERE?

Loadout

Oct 26, 2017
Israel
I think Rockstar, or more specifically GTA is probably the only game in the world that doesn't have to worry about how much they sell at their launch. The game will chart for as long as they keep it in print pretty much.

That's ridiculous. Every game cares about selling as many copies as possible at launch, especially GTA which probably has the largest budget in the industry. Sure, GTA V had one hell of a legs, but most of these sales come after price cuts and sales, launch window is still the most important for them. I don't think Rockstar / Take-Two will be satisfied with GTA VI selling any less than 20-25 million copies in its first week.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
220px-Agent_video_game_cover.jpg

Deleted member 31133

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Not getting my hopes up and I doubt it's anything, but if it is something I'm really hoping it's their open world medieval game that was rumoured.

Dec 9, 2019
Storytelling... hmmmh. Must be the sequel to that ping pong game. A story about a kid that adores ping pong and is dreaming of becoming the ping pong world champion. An action game with drama elements.

FlintSpace

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Difficult to guess given how Rockstar doesn't give a shit about E3 or anything. They will drop a trailer/announcement whenever they feel like it

TKG

Apr 26, 2018
Istanbul, Turkey
I feel like it will be an update trailer for Grand Theft Auto Online or Red Dead Online. If it's not that, probably for Red Dead Redemption Remake/Remaster.

Chibs

Nov 5, 2017
Belgium
Please be Bully 2, please be Bully 2, please be Bully 2, please be Bully 2, please be Bully 2, please be Bully 2, please be Bully 2.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That's ridiculous. Every game cares about selling as many copies as possible at launch, especially GTA which probably has the largest budget in the industry. Sure, GTA V had one hell of a legs, but most of these sales come after price cuts and sales, launch window is still the most important for them. I don't think Rockstar / Take-Two will be satisfied with GTA VI selling any less than 20-25 million copies in its first week.

GTA will sell to a majority of system owners. It will sell for the rest of the generation and it opens people up to the real money maker, shark cards for online. If GTA is ready at the start of a gen I dont really think they care whether or not it opens to more millions than systems sold or not. It will do exactly what it intends to, get rave reviews, sell forever and sell shark cards. With GTAV being 7 years old you know that is slowing down and it's time for them to get that ball rolling again.

Oct 25, 2017
I want to believe in an RDR remake, or a massive Single player DLC, but I can't.
If they're working on something big, it's probably a new game.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
will be disappointed if it's a Bully game.

Loadout

Oct 26, 2017
Israel
GTA will sell to a majority of system owners. It will sell for the rest of the generation and it opens people up to the real money maker, shark cards for online. If GTA is ready at the start of a gen I dont really think they care whether or not it opens to more millions than systems sold or not. It will do exactly what it intends to, get rave reviews, sell forever and sell shark cards. With GTAV being 7 years old you know that is slowing down and it's time for them to get that ball rolling again.

But then again, GTA VI is the kind of game that intends to be the biggest of the generation, if not the biggest of all time. I just don't see Rockstar making a $100 million marketing campaign into an "unproven" market (I don't know if unproven is the correct word but I hope you get my intention). According to reports, GTA V made $6 billion in its entire lifetime, $1 billion of it was made in its first 3 days, just to emphasize on the importance of having a strong launch to a service-like game.

Will GTA VI be immensely successful regardless of what launch window it's given? Absolutely. I'm just saying that Rockstar and Take-Two both know full well how to capitalize on timings and get the most out of a situation, especially since it's by far their biggest source of income we're talking about, which is why I don't see GTA VI coming out until 2023 the earliest.

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
1. GTA V 4k Next gen edition
2. RDR Online or GTAO DLC
3. Bully 2
4. GTA VI

That's in order of liklihood for me. Personally I'll be happy if we get 1 to 3 in the next 12 months. I can wait 2/3 years for GTA VI.