• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Well I know where to download GTA V from now. Was always confusing for me because I got the R* code and it wasnt a Steam version of the game.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
wait is it confirmed RDR 2 on PC

Arthur will be on PC?

tumblr_phqyshpHKu1u0r4z4o1_500.gif
It's looking extremely likely yeah. Launching your own launcher doesn't really make a lot of sense unless you're preparing a big new release, and that Australian classification which was denied heavily implies a PC release as well.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
RDR2 is gonna be exclusive to this thing, isn't it.
As expected, I figured GTA6 would be exclusive to their launcher, why wouldn't it be? They are Rockstar, they have enough recognition to not need advertising on Steam's front page. Just like a lot of other games. People will find where to buy PC games just like they did in the past, just like they have always done even now in the present (Minecraft, Fortnite). Maybe this will give Rockstare more incentive to put their games on PC sooner.

Someone should get started on a launcher to launch all those launchers. There's a real market there up for grabs.

gaogaogao

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
rockstar
steam
battle.net
bethesda
epic games
xbox (beta) for gamepass
gog
uplay
origin
itch.io
and probably more
just tried to launch desura only to learn its completely dead and gone, along with my games. great.

EffettoNotte

Alt Account
Banned
Mar 17, 2019
I don't care having another launcher as long as I'm not forced to buy games that should be on every platform (i.e. non exclusive games)

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Non-PC gamer here but with all the complaining about the Epic store and Bethesda/Ubisoft having their own launchers and now this, I'm compelled to ask: is there some kind of major problems that come from companies making their own launchers or is it just kind of annoying to have extra launchers to sift through before picking your game? Genuinely curious.
You can have a games category in your Windows 10 start menu and put all of the exe's or whatever there which should start the respective launcher automatically. That's what I do. It's the same as any other program on PC. There's no single store for Photoshop, handbrake, Notepad++, etc but I manage to use them through organization.

But there one game in 5 years sells a bajillion copies
And they won't have to share that with a store like Steam (30% or whatever they lower it to for mega popular games). Fortnite dodged Google Play because Android is open and allow it and they likely saved millions doing so. I doubt they can do the same on IOS, much like consoles, since IOS is very closed.

gaogaogao

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
not even the free game, san andreas, has xinput or button prompts. and they want me to buy more old games on their store?

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
The least surprising thing in the world.

"We have all the money."

"Yeah, but how can we make more?"

"Hey, when you're right you're right."

Adam_Roman

Oct 25, 2017
If I can make shortcuts that work fine in Steam Big Picture, I don't really care. Just let me use my Steam Link.

Ash735

Banned
Sep 4, 2018
not even the free game, san andreas, has xinput or button prompts. and they want me to buy more old games on their store?
There's a mod for that, GInput.

In fact if any of you are going to play these games on PC now, you should at least get SilentPatch and GInput to fix a lot of issues these games have and to add proper controller support.

MrLPG

Dec 29, 2017
And now we wait for the announcement of RDR2 exlusivity. I'm really looking forward to those reactions.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
That one works really great!/s
Max Payne 3 and LA Noire are not in my library for some reason, lol.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
With the way Rockstar are going might as well be a gambling portal with 10 bucks free credit for signing up.

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Cyclical business, not surprised.

Want all your games in one spot for a better experience? What if you had CHOICE for a better experience? Too much choice, what if all your games where in one spot for a better experience? What if you could PICK AND CHOOSE your content for a better experience?

So on and so forth, forever. Happens with everything, Netflix, fashion, politics, sports, etc. The sooner you recognizer the cycle, the less surprised you'll be ;)

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
PwLCrOn.png

They are kidding, right?

Explanation: They asking for my ID to verify that I'm over 18. I've never seen something like that. There is no law in Germany for digital goods for that, only when you buy a game in a shop or the physical version through amazon etc.

In germany, when you want to buy a game thats for age 18 you need to show your ID... But that's needed when you buy a game in a shop... not on the internet..

Starting next year, you will see this a lot more in Germany due to the "Medienstaatsvertrag 2020".

They are even thinking about blocking platforms/websites that don't have proper age restrictions in place, just like they are currently blocking illegal streaming websites.

Btw. this is incredibly stupid either way, because non-Germans that live in Germany (like me) can't purchase anything, even if they wanted to. But then again, I'll never give companies my ID number. Fuck that noise.

Toni

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Orlando, Florida
GTA5 was taking home 1 billion revenue a year since 2013. I'm only in disbelief as to why the high-ranking suits at Take Two / Rockstar didn't come up with this, at least, a good 4 years ago.

Or at least well before RDR2 sold 26 million (for example) and shared that profit with numerous digital Stores.

I guess, after all, raking in 6 billion of dollars (total from GTA5) they thought they could sweep that business strategy under the rug.

But Store Launchers are on the rise. And everything is going digital. Makes sense as to why they went full speed ahead with the decision.

Last edited:

Mecha Meister

Next-Gen Guru
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
wait is it confirmed RDR 2 on PC

Arthur will be on PC?

tumblr_phqyshpHKu1u0r4z4o1_500.gif

Looks like Rockstar tried again, this time also not hiding that the classification is for Red Dead Redemption 2. And it got refused classification again http://www.classification.gov.au/Pages/View.aspx?sid=vGQ70rW8wnzHYwo97qNYtg%3d%3d&ncdctx=h6E7E2ofC2hS4myA61KgnFg60SObnNduE5dlnIgr3u7K588698kELYYSbGNMhcHQ

Had my ass like:

OH FUCK IT'S THE PC VERISON ISN'T IT?

ThousandEyes

Banned
Sep 3, 2019
GTA5 was taking home 1 billion revenue a year since 2013. I'm only in disbelief as to why the high-ranking suits at Take Two / Rockstar didn't come up with this, at least, a good 4 years ago.

Or hell, at least before RDR2 sold 26 million and shared that profit with numerous digital Store Launchers.

I guess, after all, raking in 6 billion of dollars they thought they could sweep that business strategy down the rug.

But Store Launchers are on the rise. And everything is going digital. Makes sense as to why they went full speed ahead with the decision.
i mean Rockstar is pretty much its own company. I think Take Two gives them alot of autononmy

itchi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You just know GTA6 is going to be DRM'd to shit and there will be no custom servers.

Toni

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Orlando, Florida
i mean Rockstar is pretty much its own company. I think Take Two gives them alot of autononmy

I hear ya.

I feel like Rockstar is to Take Two, what Naughty Dog is to Sony.

They both get a lot of free reign to do pretty much whatever they want.

This only bodes well for Rockstar, as this means every single microtransaction on the PC front from GTA 5 & 6 will go 200% to them. And that was pretty much the front runner of the 6 billion they got from GTA5.

They will still have to share profits with Sony and Microsoft on their respective console Stores but they honestly don't mind.

Rockstar gets to eat extra with Sony / Microsoft from exclusive advertising deals.

Last edited: