• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Seems messy as hell that PS4/PS4 Pro and PS5 are separate SKUs for likely very similar versions LOL.

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
It will be neat going to back to play Vice City after all of this time. Wonder how big those gameplay improvements are if they are trying to keep the original look an feel. Those games didn't age well at all. Both from a narrative and gameplay perspective.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
I really want to see gameplay of Vice City, that's still my favourite GTA game and if they made any big improvements to it I will be there for it.

Please for the love of God keep as much of the original soundtrack as possible!

Twinduct

Oct 27, 2017
Smart move by rock star. Can't be called a poor effort port if there is nothing to compare it against.

DOBERMAN INC

Oct 27, 2017
Delist from Steam to make way for something that isn't coming to Steam?

Guess it's more of a way to remove an alternative if the reactions to the higher priced rerelease are not favourable.

Cudpug

Nov 9, 2017
A safe assumption all the licensed music will return? Biggest reason to replay Vice City.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
CqhW.gif

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
If this shit doesn't look almost exactly the same as the old games I'll be hugely surprised.

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Rockstar launcher exclusive

I am just gonna consider this not being on PC

PlayStation and Switch it is then

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
This better get a Mafia 1-style update, along with keeping at least 90% of the music, or it's not worth it.

Also fuck the Rockstar Games Launcher I ain't using that shit.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't realise they'd even be *branding* it much like the Xbox release from aeons ago!
WmQfHtz.png

PieOMy

Nov 15, 2018
Boston
We all knew it was coming, but its great to have a real announcement and a release date within 2021. They aren't showing anything because they're saving it for the VGAs.

GSG

Oct 25, 2017
Interested to see how they've improved the games. 3, VC and SA have all aged really badly in terms of graphics.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Interested in seeing the modern enhancements but getting rid of the originals is fucked up.

People may not know but there is still a HUGE modding scene for the older GTA games, especially San Andreas.

Isamu

Dec 18, 2017
Downtown Rave City
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but what exactly consists of this trilogy? Is this the first original 3 Grand Theft Auto old school games? Or is this Grand Theft Auto 3, Vice City, and San Andreas? Can someone clarify

Official Announcement Press Release
OP
OP
AshenOne

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
Official Press Release:
Later this month marks a very special anniversary for Rockstar Games: 20 years since the original release of Grand Theft Auto III — the game that set players loose in the sprawling, three-dimensional metropolis of Liberty City with a new and unprecedented sense of freedom and immersion. In addition to carving a new path for the open world genre, Grand Theft Auto III established Grand Theft Auto as a cultural phenomenon, alongside its two subsequent — and equally legendary — entries in the series, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.

We'd like to extend a heartfelt thank you to all the Grand Theft Auto fans who have supported the games over the past two decades. Your love and appreciation for these games has helped push the Grand Theft Auto series forward with every iteration.
In honor of the upcoming anniversary, today we are excited to announce that all three games will be coming to current generation platforms later this year in Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and the Rockstar Games Launcher on PC. Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition will feature across-the-board upgrades including graphical improvements and modern gameplay enhancements for all three titles, while still maintaining the classic look and feel of the originals. We're extremely excited to share more about these groundbreaking titles in the coming weeks — stay tuned!

To prepare for launch, we will begin removing existing versions of the classic titles from digital retailers next week. For more information, please visit Rockstar Games Support. In addition, Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition will be coming to iOS and Android in the first half of 2022.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
the graphics are honestly not that big of a deal for me, I need thos egameplay enhancements. Checkpoints, modernized controls, stuff like that.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Just checked - got Vice City on steam still - so maybe I should just get San Andreas while it's still there.
Not really sure what to expect with this, but this marks the first time a non-top down GTA makes an appearance on a Nintendo machine. Pretty cool after all these years.

Oct 27, 2017
Nice, will get on PS5 depending on upgrades. This is the first time these games have been on a Nintendo home console right? Crazy how much of a difference GTA3 being on cube would've done in 2002-03

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
I don't care much about modern GTA but I for sure loved Vice City and San Andreas.
Man GTA 1 & 2 would have been great as well.

Hazz3r

Nov 3, 2017
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but what exactly consists of this trilogy? Is this the first original 3 Grand Theft Auto old school games? Or is this Grand Theft Auto 3, Vice City, and San Andreas? Can someone clarify
3 Vice City and San Andreas. The Standard Definition Era as Rockstar calls it.