• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
lol still having the Error 0 on the Account Link page and not being able to link accounts, sucks

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Double XP and Fortnite event is online!

And you should play as much as you can in the next days, there's a nice extra bonus challenge that's repeatable. 10K XP for every 10 matches you finish.

Putosaure

Oct 27, 2017
France
I've had my orange car showing light blue for months now on the main screen, on every platform, until I go into the garage and apply something on the car. Am I the only one?

BraXzy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

My game crashes at least 4 times a day since the new update (on PC). I've no idea what's causing it. But it's almost always when in the playlist menu's, either switching between modes or starting a search. So annoying.

TheOGB

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A lot of the UI changes so far seem unnecessary. I'd like to think the general aesthetic change helps with visibility, but to me it just seems to take up more space while not actually adding or simplifying anything.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone hate battle passes, rocket passes and the whole nine yards? I always feel like if you aren't making me keep the pass for an unlimited amount of time after I paid for it, then you're not getting my money. I get there is plenty of time but the FOMO of having to be on constantly to finish it is frustrating lol

OP
OP
CountAntonio

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone hate battle passes, rocket passes and the whole nine yards? I always feel like if you aren't making me keep the pass for an unlimited amount of time after I paid for it, then you're not getting my money. I get there is plenty of time but the FOMO of having to be on constantly to finish it is frustrating lol
It's always been by far the easiest one to finish and gave me an overflow of items I hand away to friends like candy. Unlike fortnite where you need guides and it completely changes the way you play the game in RL you make progress just playing as you always do.

It's the cheapest way to get cosmetics in all of gaming and I tend to enjoy the progression. They have made xp changes this season though so we'll see how much more it takes but I'm already 16 and haven't even completed a page of seasonal challenges yet so it shouldn't be too bad considering the other ones you finished in two or three weeks.

Though I could understand the frustration. I say just buy them and do them for the games you are going to play anyway that have ways to grind that don't ruin the game for you. For me that's only RL.

Giant Panda

Oct 25, 2017
Llama-rama seems a bit bugged for me. Trying to claim the llama rewards is causing the game to get stuck

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
I feel like it's the simplest one that doesn't really ask the player to change how they play nor demand a ton of their time each week while giving a lot of rewards and doesn't have a cap, so you can grind for further color/certification variants of many of the items you've gotten from that pass. If they get rid of the expiration times for weekly missions like had been the case in previous Rocket Passes, it would be as perfect as it gets outside of rare bad missions.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
And done.

jSwbYsB.jpg

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I won't touch a game with time limited passes. I'll never complete a single one, even if I dedicated all my gaming time to that one game (which I won't because I like variety in my gaming).

Anastasis

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
So how do the seasonal challenges work? Do I have to finish all stage 1 challenges for stage 2 or is it time gated? Thanks!

idolminds

Nov 2, 2017
Strange decision to make it so the loot llama octane skin is the same blue/purple no matter what team you're on. Leads to some confusing matches.

DarkWish

Oct 27, 2017
Virginia
How do I get the llama items so I can complete the tasks?
Look at the challenges menu in the game to see what the challenges are. When you complete the first challenge (win in a game), you unlock the item you need for the second challenge. When you complete the second challenge, you unlock the next item and so on. There's a bug right now where the challenge menu freezes when you try to claim a challenge once completed, but just back out and it'll be available for you.

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
They sure made the Llama-Rama event challenges hard to reach compared to pass events just having their own section at the top of the main menu.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I don't like rocket league (because I'm bad at it and too old to learn, it is an amazing game and a brilliant success story) but dipping into this thread I'm already feeling fomo and thinking "maybe I should start playing and I can just try to cheese the challenges etc"

I think I'm just hopelessly addicted to xp meters and unlocks...for good or bad...

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
I don't like rocket league (because I'm bad at it and too old to learn, it is an amazing game and a brilliant success story) but dipping into this thread I'm already feeling fomo and thinking "maybe I should start playing and I can just try to cheese the challenges etc"

I think I'm just hopelessly addicted to xp meters and unlocks...for good or bad...

So far I like marvel avengers because I know the challenge cards are unlimited and I can play at my own pace. Wish more games did this. I don't mind spending if I can have more time.

PunchDrunk28

Oct 28, 2017
I wish there was a way to check your challenges between matches instead of having to go back to the main hub and clicking through.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Played almost every single tournament since release and with the exception of the first one, I got eliminated in the first or second match. Every single one. The matchmaking in this game, in general, is the worst I've ever fn seen it. It's like you get brainless bricks as teammates all the time, 100 out of 100 times but the opponents are always well trained flying juggling super pros.

I can't even count anymore how often, in a row, I join a casual match and we immediately concede a goal in the first 30 seconds.

You do the greatest passes and these guys never go into the right positions or drive back to the goal when the keeper goes out and tries to catch a pass.
I'm so tired.....

Acrano

Nov 2, 2017
Germany
Played almost every single tournament since release and with the exception of the first one, I got eliminated in the first or second match. Every single one. The matchmaking in this game, in general, is the worst I've ever fn seen it. It's like you get brainless bricks as teammates all the time, 100 out of 100 times but the opponents are always well trained flying juggling super pros.

I can't even count anymore how often, in a row, I join a casual match and we immediately concede a goal in the first 30 seconds.

You do the greatest passes and these guys never go into the right positions or drive back to the goal when the keeper goes out and tries to catch a pass.
I'm so tired.....
I feel you, the matchmaking seems broken and was never fixed. Fortunately most of the time I had some good friends playing with me in the tournaments and ranked but haven´t realy played the last few seasons, too much other stuff to do and games to play.

But I have a friend who likes the game and we usually play a few rounds of Rocket League when he comes to my house (mostly 3v3 unranked). He has maybe 100 hours at this point over the last years now but even with a "smurf" account I created just to play with him we are getting Season Champions and other gods, of course always in the other team. And that is with 85 hours playtime on that account. Sometimes it is more easy to just play ranked than public.

PunchDrunk28

Oct 28, 2017
I'm always down to play if anyone wants to. I tend to keep cross play off though, so if you have a PS4, hit me up! Same name as here.

CoolS

Oct 28, 2017
I wish there was a way to check your challenges between matches instead of having to go back to the main hub and clicking through.
Pretty wure it shows you which challenges you progressed in on the second screen after a match is over. It's at least Something

Edit: Actually doesn't seem to work for the event

Last edited:

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
I feel you, the matchmaking seems broken and was never fixed. Fortunately most of the time I had some good friends playing with me in the tournaments and ranked but haven´t realy played the last few seasons, too much other stuff to do and games to play.

But I have a friend who likes the game and we usually play a few rounds of Rocket League when he comes to my house (mostly 3v3 unranked). He has maybe 100 hours at this point over the last years now but even with a "smurf" account I created just to play with him we are getting Season Champions and other gods, of course always in the other team. And that is with 85 hours playtime on that account. Sometimes it is more easy to just play ranked than public.

Right now I reached the absolute lowest point and I think I'm f'n out of this shit.

We had a 3 vs 2 game and we lost 4 to 5 because the third guy in our team decided to be f'n afk in all the important defense moments. Next tournament lost in round 1. I swear if I continue this, this game will give me f'n blood pressure problems.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
This sucks. I am good enough to go up in the ranks but getting MVP seems impossible.

I had 3 amazing casual games in a row yesterday where I had 2 teammates with a perfect chemistry and I've got 3 mvp and 3 hattricks in a row, but after the first or second one I had to go back to the lobby to accept the tires from the second to last challenge and there was no way around that, did the third one without the challenge, was as awesome as I said and then I went back.

Took me another 2 hours to finally get MVP again. Accidentally in the last match I wanted to do for the night.

That can also drive you crazy when you really want to reach a specific goal in the game. 😅

mrpoopy

Oct 27, 2017
They changed the menus to make it easier for new players.

But they force them to go into the menus (which only work half the time) to claim the challenge rewards instead of giving it automatically like previous updates.

By the way that "play 10 matches (repeatable)" for 1K needs to be claimed exactly at 10 matches if you want it to keep counting the 11th match.

Garcia el Gringo

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
I got the Battle Pass and have been switching platforms as I make progress on Llama-Rama. Living the cross-progression dream right now in RL.

OP
OP
CountAntonio

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Finally! Also one of my random teammates showed a pysnet avatar and a controller in recent friends yet he was typing to us the entire game. Crosschat is enabled?
Dinner.png

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Will play for around 2 more hours today and will close the weekend with Rocket Pass level 35.
Half way through is pretty good for the first week I think.

Started at 1 by the way.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
hey guys so I played this back on 2015 on ps4 so I unlocked some trophies. I had it from ps+ I think so I lost access to it after some time. I think I switched accounts.

Anyways I've been playing the f2p version and noticed there are some trophies like "win a tournament " or "play friendly exhibition match" but i don't think these modes exist anymore? Those that mean some trophies can't be unlocked anymore? I must have unlocked 30% of the trophies back on 2015. Seems I'm sol on this lmao.

shotgunbob04

Oct 25, 2017
Finally! Also one of my random teammates showed a pysnet avatar and a controller in recent friends yet he was typing to us the entire game. Crosschat is enabled?
Dinner.png
Congrats!

Cross-platform chat has been enabled for awhile now, but only through party chat. From when I played in a tourney with randoms the other day, I'm pretty sure it puts you all in a party during the tourney.

EloKa

GSP
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The matchmaking in this game, in general, is the worst I've ever fn seen it. It's like you get brainless bricks as teammates all the time, 100 out of 100 times but the opponents are always well trained flying juggling super pros.
Whats your current MMR in solo / doubles / standard?