• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tennis

Oct 27, 2017
Does the Harbinger has a higher turning circle or is just me? He definitely feels heavier, for whatever reason.

It's the Octane hitbox so it should turn the same way as as Octane, Fennec, Takumi etc. It definitely feel like a tank though but that's what I love about it.

TheOGB

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Lol what the hell's with the new QTE intro, haha.

So is the account linking page (https://www.rocketleague.com/activate/) acting wonky for anyone else? I was able to make my PS4 version the primary platform when I booted up the game (I hope...), but now I'm having trouble making sure my Switch and PC versions get linked. I click 'Check Setup' and get redirected to the previous page before I can log in to any other account.

also RIP solo standard, which apparently only I and like 5 other people liked

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
Lol what the hell's with the new QTE intro, haha.

So is the account linking page (https://www.rocketleague.com/activate/) acting wonky for anyone else? I was able to make my PS4 version the primary platform when I booted up the game (I hope...), but now I'm having trouble making sure my Switch and PC versions get linked. I click 'Check Setup' and get redirected to the previous page before I can log in to any other account.

also RIP solo standard, which apparently only I and like 5 other people liked

I can't even enter that website. Always tells me "whoops the page you want doesn't exist" lol

ForthU

Oct 27, 2017
I hated solo standard but it was perfect to play to "cool down" when idiots happened to make me nervous. I've got a feeling my ranks in 3s will tank. maybe I should consider casual for cooldown

Betta Lines

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone noticed the camera sometimes getting a bit 'stuck' in a low position (i.e. after it has tracked a high ball)? It has only been happening since the big FTP update.

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
They seriously need to add Quick Play back in. It feels insane how awkward it is just to play another match now. I don't get their reasoning other than to try and tempt you into playing different modes (or outright hitting the wrong thing).

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
It will probably still be relatively ok, I think. If you play weekly and do all challenges.

But the time of popping into a season like 40 days in and having all the challenges to do, which gave me such a good feeling last seasons, is definitely over.

If you miss all the weekly challenges, which disappear now too after the week, you're definitely fucked.

Yeah that I can see, you definitely have to stay engaged now instead of binge-leveling the rewards.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
I reallly do love this game but I always feel like crap when I stop playing it. Mabe GaaS almost feels like I'm playing for the sake of playing to achieve the rocket pass lol. I noticed that a lot with this game. Like I had wasted my time a bit. Anyone ever get that way?

Bucca

Oct 25, 2017
Is there anyway at all to hide text chat? Some of this community is so ridiculously toxic lol

kortvarsel

Avenger
Dec 11, 2017
Is there anyway at all to hide text chat? Some of this community is so ridiculously toxic lol
You can do it in options. I did it for a while too.
They seriously need to add Quick Play back in. It feels insane how awkward it is just to play another match now. I don't get their reasoning other than to try and tempt you into playing different modes (or outright hitting the wrong thing).
It's such a weird change. That and the randomize preset button. Visually, the update is all over the place as well.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
I really hope they put a 4K version of this on PS5.

I reallly do love this game but I always feel like crap when I stop playing it. Mabe GaaS almost feels like I'm playing for the sake of playing to achieve the rocket pass lol. I noticed that a lot with this game. Like I had wasted my time a bit. Anyone ever get that way?

I've played hundreds of hours across platforms and never once paid attention to the progression stuff or bought anything. I just play it because...it's fun. That's not a waste of time to me.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
there's probably no other game with a player base that has such a lack of morale fiber! every game i play, the other team scores 1 goal, my team mates straight up drop out, with 4 minutes still left in the match. sometimes we'll be up and they tie it up, team mate drops out. it's so wack lol what's wrong with these people? this happens in every match. not every other match. every. single. one.

Betta Lines

Oct 25, 2017
there's probably no other game with a player base that has such a lack of morale fiber! every game i play, the other team scores 1 goal, my team mates straight up drop out, with 4 minutes still left in the match. sometimes we'll be up and they tie it up, team mate drops out. it's so wack lol what's wrong with these people? this happens in every match. not every other match. every. single. one.
That isn't my experience at all. I have team mates drop out once every 5 to 10 matches, definitely not every time...

dodo667418

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 28, 2017
That's why I mostly play competitive. In non-ranked play I also experience this a lot, but in ranked people usually stay, unless you are several goals down and you approach the last minute.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
That isn't my experience at all. I have team mates drop out once every 5 to 10 matches, definitely not every time...
i generally just play 3v3 casual, and yeah, if it's not my team it's the other. i guess i will say perhaps not every match but the vast majority. the 6 players starting the game generally won't be the same 6 finishing it. and it's all due to being down one or *gasp* tied!
That's why I mostly play competitive. In non-ranked play I also experience this a lot, but in ranked people usually stay, unless you are several goals down and you approach the last minute.
i guess maybe i should just play ranked then.

mrpoopy

Oct 27, 2017

I experienced this last night trying to get the "25 shots in a casual match" challenge. Teammate botched the kick off, other team scored, other teammate quit. WTF we still have 4 minutes and 35 seconds to make a comeback!

EagleBen

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How do I get good AA on PC? I saw a Reddit thread but that was based on the DX9 version. Using Nvidia.

Hugare

Banned
Aug 31, 2018
i generally just play 3v3 casual, and yeah, if it's not my team it's the other. i guess i will say perhaps not every match but the vast majority. the 6 players starting the game generally won't be the same 6 finishing it. and it's all due to being down one or *gasp* tied!

i guess maybe i should just play ranked then.
Casual is a mess

I play competitive most of the time (99%), and when I do play casual is usually because I'm waiting for a friend to go online and etc.

People go in and out so frequently that it's impossible to have a serious match

I cant imagine enjoy playing the game in this mode

Betta Lines

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really see the value in Casual. Ranked simply gives you higher chance of a better game, and if you play Ranked casually the ranking system will keep you from progressing, so what's the difference?

Tennis

Oct 27, 2017
I don't really see the value in Casual. Ranked simply gives you higher chance of a better game, and if you play Ranked casually the ranking system will keep you from progressing, so what's the difference?

It's for warming up, trying new tricks, chatting with your buddies and of course when you're too drunk to win any ranked matches. That's when you choose casual.

Also, when your opponents forfeit in ranked it's the best feeling :P

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Did my very first tournament with random people.

Now this happened.

0bpwSGq.jpg

HUXpmUm.jpg

AVyxSjb.jpg

Cm7OZQD.jpg

I've got carried hard unfortunately, I'm sorry for that randoms 😅, but I've got some shining moments in the final game. Which ended 2:1 in the best of 3.

Now, should I buy the bronze loot boxes for 1000 or the gold ones for 6000? 🤔

By the way the title fits to almost no banner and is way too long. 😅

Last edited:
OP
OP
CountAntonio

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Did my very first tournament with random people.

Now this happened.

0bpwSGq.jpg

HUXpmUm.jpg

AVyxSjb.jpg

Cm7OZQD.jpg

I've got carried hard unfortunately, I'm sorry for that randoms 😅, but I've got some shining moments in the final game. Which ended 2:1 in the best of 3.

Now, should I buy the bronze loot boxes for 1000 or the gold ones for 6000? 🤔

By the way the title fits to almost no banner and way too long. 😅
Nice! Tournaments are so much fun.

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone completed the stage 1 season challenges? I'm wondering if the stage 2 ones are at increased numbers, or different challenges entirely.

For example there's "Win 100 online matches" at stage 1, I hope stage 2 doesn't have "Win 200 online matches" or something (unless they stack so you start at 100 wins, but even then) - otherwise completing all 4 stages is going to be difficult.

SpartyCrunch

Xbox
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
I saw my rocket pass transfer from Xbox to Switch, so that's cool, but my car customization presets didn't. Is there any way to transfer that over, or do I need to remake them from scratch?

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
That you can't trade any of the tournament loot box rewards is a bit weird.
But I guess the in-game trade in function could be quite useful then for once after you did like 100 tournaments or so. 😅

Velikost

Oct 28, 2017
So apparently they heavily nerfed the XP system when going F2P:

Kinda scummy, i will still continue playing, but if I have to heavily grind for the Rocket Pass to get back my 1000 credits this might be the last Pass I get. We will see.

Is the game playable now or are the servers still shot?

Oh and I want to use the new quick chats, but they are hell for my muscle memory

Thanks for sharing this. I was contemplating buying the pass even though I felt the items were pretty weak this time around, just to show some support and earn the credits to buy the next tier. Not going to grind though, f that

OP
OP
CountAntonio

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
I'm at 7. Completed all the weeklies very easily and about halfway done with some of the first set of season challenges. They def nerfed the xp but typically I would get to max in a few weeks and end up between 250-300 on the premium track. We'll see where I end up with the season challenges done.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
The challenges help a lot although it is definitely nerfed. I mean. I like these season challenges though

Jonny111

Dec 31, 2017
I've already finished 4 season challenges with very little to finish another, getting 100 wins will take the longest but I'll probably have them done by the weekend. They are really bad for the people that actually grind this game, for reference I would get 5+ drops a day and now I've had 3 drops in 2 days the are really trying to push the store/blueprints as the way to get stuff

oakenhild

Oct 27, 2017
This new XP nerf is likely going to cause me to not hit the end of the battle pass (premium, which I paid for). I play nearly every night, at least 2-4 matches. Progress is much slower now, and much less rewarding.

The obvious greed and f2p whale hunting will likely cause me to stop buying premium passes as they won't be worth it anymore. Feels bad after playing Rocket League for so long now (approaching 900 hours...yikes).

Belker

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like the progression in the battle pass should be slightly faster for anyone that bought the game. You had our momey already.

MontlyCure

Oct 27, 2017
FL
Really hoping to hit GC this season. I finished the last season at C3 Division 3 in 3s and probably could have hit GC if I had really put my nose to the grind.

The decal reward for Supersonic Legend looks sick.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
The blueprint system should be gone like yesterday. It's such a crazy hard failed experiment, I'm a little bit surprised it's still there with the F2P release. Nobody wants them, nobody uses them, people who play much have like 3000 of them and you can get everything in it up to 90% cheaper via trade in the community.