• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017

This game wasn't even on my radar till the impressions from the beta were read. Never would I thought it would go down as an all time favorite and something that even now four years later I still play daily.

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Recently got back into it on the Switch.

So easy to just turn it on and play a few games here and there. It's actually been stealing time from Mario Maker and others because it's also addictive.

I've never been great, but I have a blast.

Amazing game.

Deleted member 4372

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Game of the Generation.

My most played game this gen by far.

I love it. Will never stop playing Rocket League! Best, most satisfying competitive multiplayer gameplay Ive ever experienced, including Halo series.

Lupic

Dec 31, 2017
United Kingdom
I'm glad it took off. I remember hearing about it for the first time when it came out obviously 4 years ago now and while it never stuck with me it's a very fun game and I enjoy the RLCS immensely.
Are they celebrating this occassion with an ingame event?

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
I'm glad it took off. I remember hearing about it for the first time when it came out obviously 4 years ago now and while it never stuck with me it's a very fun game and I enjoy the RLCS immensely.
Are they celebrating this occassion with an ingame event?
They've still got the 80s Summer event going on at the moment. And I'm sick to death of hearing Kenny Loggins as a result.

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully Epic can make the DLC cross-platform like they do with Fortnite, but I doubt it.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Echoing people saying it's one of the games of the generation. When we get these lists and everyone talks about The Witcher 3, God of War and other grim, cinematic third person action games, I always feel like Rocket League is unfairly forgotten about. It came out of nowhere this gen and just became absolutely huge. Its launched on every platform more or less and it's been a ginormous success everywhere.

Buddy

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I play it daily and it is in my opinion one of the best multi player games ever made.

I own it on ps4, xbox one, PC and Switch...i must have played it for well over 1000 hours and am not stopping anytime soon.

Happy Birthday Rocket League

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
I get why this game is great and I'm having tons of fun with it, but rarely did I feel that I suck that much at a game. After nearly 30 hours, touching the ball when it's in the air is still mostly luck as far as I'm concerned.

Oct 25, 2017
Underground
It's in my top 10 games of all time. I unfortunately have an addiction to playing it. It's also one of those games where it's always fun for me, even when losing.

Jeffram

Oct 29, 2017
I get why this game is great and I'm having tons of fun with it, but rarely did I feel that I suck that much at a game. After nearly 30 hours, touching the ball when it's in the air is still mostly luck as far as I'm concerned.
30 hours is scratching the surface, I'm hundreds of hours in any getting better every day

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Amazing game that spawned some of the most exciting and mind boggling esports events, both inspiring and soul crushing.

I just wish I had friends that are as much in to it as I was, playing alone with random's isn't so fun.

maneauleau

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
I remember when I saw this game and videos I always mocked it and thought nah that's definitely not for me. Then last year I started playing it with my brother and now I already clocked in 260 hours which is really a lot for me considering how little time I have. Fantastic game with so much sensations. It reminds me a bit of Tribe which also gave great sensations with the hovering, jumping, sliding etc. It's really a 'gameplay first' game.

Kayant

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Easy GOTG. Basically don't play anything but it these days. Shame that will probably change if they transition into requiring an Epic account.

Last edited:

EloKa

GSP
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
One of the best games this gen. Would be a shame if Epic ruins it with their Fortnite plans tho.

gutterboy44

Oct 27, 2017
NY
Easily the game of the generation for me. Two friends and I have played it consistently for all four years and have shared some of our favorite gaming moments together with it. All other multiplayer games we like to plat non competitive co-op, but we still love playing ranked matches of 3v3 every week.

This last year I have even begun keeping a paper ledger of our matches for the night. Just goal tally for us each and our win/loss, score line for each match. It is fun to see how we trend and have a good summary of how we played at the end of the night.

I think it might be in my top 5 all time favorite games.

Shadout

Oct 27, 2017
It has probably become my 2nd or 3rd most played game ever in that time (WoW is never going to be beaten though). And I generally dont like competitive multiplayer games. It is so good.
Also I am terrible at the game.

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
Feels older to me. Pretty crazy. Fun game.

"Older" in that it was a sequel to this PS3-exclusive, PSN-only game from 2008, also made by Psyonix:

One big problem w/ the original was the extra crap in the middle of many of its arenas (obstacles, divots, ramps). Rocket League kept almost exactly the same mechanics and boost system, then got rid of the extra crap. It's insane how long they plugged away at this formula.

So, happy "fourth" birthday!

Lylo

Oct 25, 2017
Easily one of the best games ever made. Fun to play, fun to watch. I have more than 3500 hours between PS4, PC and Switch.

GOOCHY

Oct 29, 2017
Best game of the generation and an all timer in its own right. No kidding, it's up there with Pac Man and Tetris.

Oct 27, 2017
It was a wild ride with everyone discovering it in 2015. I remember trying to convince friends to try the beta for the sequel to super sonic rocketed powered cars and they were like WTF.

Now they're owned by epic and one of the biggest games ever. Love the game still and can pick it up anytime