• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Praxis

Sausage Tycoon
Oct 25, 2017
UK
You sure you don't have any others in there? Maybe that's from another account?

Yep, only have the one PSN account and other than PC I have only played RL on the Switch, which I didn't even bother linking. Even got the plat in 2015

Capture.png

Garcia el Gringo

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
oh no, where'd my scarab and a lot of my favorite cosmetics go? i don't pay attention to changes to the garage

The scarab has disappeared before, but I feel like it's gone for good now lmao

OP
OP
CountAntonio

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Yep, only have the one PSN account and other than PC I have only played RL on the Switch, which I didn't even bother linking. Even got the plat in 2015

Capture.png

Hmm hopefully they fix it. Might as well link that switch one just to get those times too.
oh no, where'd my scarab and a lot of my favorite cosmetics go? i don't pay attention to changes to the garage

The scarab has disappeared before, but I feel like it's gone for good now lmao
Inventories are part of the epic ID system which is having trouble right now.

EloKa

GSP
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

Been a while since Tim Sweeney was cought telling lies /s
Rocket League was already multi-platform without the newly introduced and broken Epic IDs.

OP
OP
CountAntonio

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017

Been a while since Tim Sweeney was cought telling lies /s
Rocket League was already multi-platform without the newly introduced and broken Epic IDs.

But Epic ID allows for shared inventory and cross progression which is something we didn't have and hopefully better cross platform parties with the ability to talk and chat which we couldn't before but can't test that right now.

Velikost

Oct 28, 2017
This is huge. So how does playtime with certain toppers and shit work when you combine accounts? Does it consolidate all play time or just show it per specific platform like it used to? And if I'm reading this right, does that mean any painted or otherwise specific items I had on console come over to PC when I link? I mostly played on PC, but I did have it on Xbox, PS4 and Switch as well.

OP
OP
CountAntonio

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
This is huge. So how does playtime with certain toppers and shit work when you combine accounts? Does it consolidate all play time or just show it per specific platform like it used to? And if I'm reading this right, does that mean any painted or otherwise specific items I had on console come over to PC when I link? I mostly played on PC, but I did have it on Xbox, PS4 and Switch as well.
I'm not sure is toppers add up the time. pretty sure they remain separate items.

but all other items aside from like the sweet tooth van etc will be combined on whatever account you choose to make your primary.

Velikost

Oct 28, 2017
Word, I guess I'll just have to see when I link in a couple days after they iron out the bugs in the Epic account thing.

Do you know what they mean by "Uncommon, Rare, and Very Rare Items no longer drop randomly after matches"? Are we not going to get any drops from just playing going forward

OP
OP
CountAntonio

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Word, I guess I'll just have to see when I link in a couple days after they iron out the bugs in the Epic account thing.

Do you know what they mean by "Uncommon, Rare, and Very Rare Items no longer drop randomly after matches"? Are we not going to get any drops from just playing going forward
No. It's been replaced with the new challenge system. Where you get an items after completing weekly and seasonal challenges. You'll probably get less but the rewards are better. You can possibly get stuff like White zombas or bm decals now.

Blog

Velikost

Oct 28, 2017
No. It's been replaced with the new challenge system. Where you get an items after completing weekly and seasonal challenges. You'll probably get less but the rewards are better. You can possibly get stuff like White zombas or bm decals now.

Blog

Cool, I'll look at that blog. I guess I had my head in the sand cause cross progression was announced back in August? I have no memory of reading about it before today but I feel like that would be impossible for me to miss, lmao

sythyx

Jun 9, 2018
I checked my steam account and i literally bought it on January 1st 2016, i thought it was in 2017

I'm not too fond of the epic integration, actually i hate it

it's been a long time since i played it, anyone who stills plays can tell me if it took long to find matches?

OP
OP
CountAntonio

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
I checked my steam account and i literally bought it on January 1st 2016, i thought it was in 2017

I'm not too fond of the epic integration, actually i hate it

it's been a long time since i played it, anyone who stills plays can tell me if it took long to find matches?
They have been having trouble since the update launched. Normally it doesn't not take long at all to get into a match.
Does in game voice and text chat now work cross platform?

Haven't been able to test it.

BraXzy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I got 2016, even though I played it on the first day of release

I also got EST. 2016 even though I played day one on PS4 PS+

I'm guessing because I had PC set as primary (which I picked up early 2016) so is that it? We're outta luck? Or do we need to change to PS4 Primary for a bit?

EDIT: I guess I actually started playing 3 days after launch so ah well:

vxJYGve.png

Last edited:

sythyx

Jun 9, 2018
They have been having trouble since the update launched. Normally it doesn't not take long at all to get into a match.

I just tried the update on my switch and it took like 2 seconds to get into a match

Thanks, was seeing some comments on how long it took to find some matches and wondered if the player base was shrinking, haven't played in months but i would be really sad if the game was dying, it's a unique experience.

Looking good on that Title CountAntonius , i'm gonna flex that "Est 2016" too

Let's hope Epic's involvement brings positive things

CGriffiths86

Oct 28, 2017
Alright, all of my accounts were already linked to EPIC so I just picked my Steam account (as it had the most progress). I'm assuming that's only choosing which ones rank I want to become my "overall" rank, right? If I log in anywhere else it'll just pull that info and all future progress will just be shared on one universal account?

OP
OP
CountAntonio

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Alright, all of my accounts were already linked to EPIC so I just picked my Steam account (as it had the most progress). I'm assuming that's only choosing which ones rank I want to become my "overall" rank, right? If I log in anywhere else it'll just pull that info and all future progress will just be shared on one universal account?
Correct. You can also switch main accounts whenever you want in case you make a mistake.

OP
OP
CountAntonio

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
So Linking accounts isn't working yet?

Worried I may have screwed the pooch already. I had already linked my PSN account to an epic account. Then when I tried to sign into my NSO account it wouldn't let me link so I had to create another new EG Account. So now they are on two separate accounts
I'm pretty sure you should be able to unlink accounts?

Thanks, was seeing some comments on how long it took to find some matches and wondered if the player base was shrinking, haven't played in months but i would be really sad if the game was dying, it's a unique experience.

Looking good on that Title CountAntonius , i'm gonna flex that "Est 2016" too

Let's hope Epic's involvement brings positive things
Yeah game is still very populated.

Oct 26, 2017
Mushroom Kingdom
Fuck yeaaaa finally got it working.

OMFG Finally transfered all my Decals/Goals/Etcs. from my Switch account to now experiencing them in Full HD is glorious!
This is my next-gen experience lmao

I'm pretty sure you should be able to unlink accounts?

Yup just figured it out. Had to unlink via "Connections" on dummy EG account and relink on my main account.

Kind of scary though. There is so much fine print and spooky language when doing so.

Kabukimurder

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Who the hell has Epic Friends?
I'm not as against EGS as some people but i don't like that they are trying to push you over to play this on the Epic plattform. Will stick to the steam version for as long as they let you.

OP
OP
CountAntonio

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Who the hell has Epic Friends?
I'm not as against EGS as some people but i don't like that they are trying to push you over to play this on the Epic plattform. Will stick to the steam version for as long as they let you.
Steam version still has you sign in to Epic and replaces psynet for corssplatform parties.

wossname

Dec 12, 2017
So now you have to manually reselect casual/ranked and 2v2/3v3 after every game. This UI is so much worse. The option to search for the last played mode is gone, so instead of a single button press you have to navigate two menus.

Praxis

Sausage Tycoon
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I also got EST. 2016 even though I played day one on PS4 PS+

I'm guessing because I had PC set as primary (which I picked up early 2016) so is that it? We're outta luck? Or do we need to change to PS4 Primary for a bit?

EDIT: I guess I actually started playing 3 days after launch so ah well:

vxJYGve.png

I'm a sad cunt and have emailed their support about this haha

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
So does this mean I can inventory share across platforms? So I can use the Mario Car on my ps4?

OP
OP
CountAntonio

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
So does this mean I can inventory share across platforms? So I can use the Mario Car on my ps4?

Shared Across Platforms

• All earned free drops (Common Items, Event Items)
  • Season Rewards & Titles
  • Rocket Pass Items
  • Item Shop Purchases
  • Blueprints and items built from blueprints
  • All Rocket League-branded DLC included in the Legacy Pack

Not Shared

• Platform-Exclusive Items: e.g., Sweet Tooth, Hogsticker, Armadillo, Mario and Luigi NSR, and Samus' Gunship
  • Ultimate Edition On-Disc DLC: Batman/DC Superheroes Pack
  • Premium DLC Packs: licensed content that was previously available in the Showroom (e.g., Back To The Future, Jurassic World, DC Superheroes, Fast and the Furious, Ghostbusters, Knight Rider, etc.)
  • Credits and Esports tokens balances

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
I really did not like what they did to the "search game" UI. Having to go "New match > Competitive > 3vs3" to search for a new match after a game is stupid. Previously all I needed to do was "search game" in the post-game menu and that was all.

Making it 3 steps instead of 1 is baffling.

Bjorn

Feb 11, 2018
Denmark
I really did not like what they did to the "search game" UI. Having to go "New match > Competitive > 3vs3" to search for a new match after a game is stupid. Previously all I needed to do was "search game" in the post-game menu and that was all.

Making it 3 steps instead of 1 is baffling.
Poor excuse for them to flash the new ui. Worst part is that it defaults to casual every time.

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
Shared Across Platforms

• All earned free drops (Common Items, Event Items)
  • Season Rewards & Titles
  • Rocket Pass Items
  • Item Shop Purchases
  • Blueprints and items built from blueprints
  • All Rocket League-branded DLC included in the Legacy Pack

Not Shared

• Platform-Exclusive Items: e.g., Sweet Tooth, Hogsticker, Armadillo, Mario and Luigi NSR, and Samus' Gunship
  • Ultimate Edition On-Disc DLC: Batman/DC Superheroes Pack
  • Premium DLC Packs: licensed content that was previously available in the Showroom (e.g., Back To The Future, Jurassic World, DC Superheroes, Fast and the Furious, Ghostbusters, Knight Rider, etc.)
  • Credits and Esports tokens balances
Boo

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I loaded the game up on Xbox, and my Xbox and Switch account were both synced up. A lot of rewards and etc popped up.

I went to the site after to link my PS4 account, which was easy enough.

But for some reason the title I should have for playing on PS4 in 2015/2016 isn't there.

Tennis

Oct 27, 2017
I loaded the game up on Xbox, and my Xbox and Switch account were both synced up. A lot of rewards and etc popped up.

I went to the site after to link my PS4 account, which was easy enough.

But for some reason the title I should have for playing on PS4 in 2015/2016 isn't there.

I had the same problem, the game gave me an est. 2020 title when I started and linked my account with EPIC. Then I went through the whole list of titles and found my est. 2015 title there.

Gawge

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I also worried when Est.2020 popped up, but I did get the Est.2015 and everything else when I linked and looked through the titles.

I played SARPBC too, but I imagine the data just doesn't exist for that.