• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017

HOW TO LINK YOUR ACCOUNTS ON UPDATE DAY
Rocket League's cross-platform progression is made possible with an Epic Games Account. So, creating one or signing into your existing Epic Games Account is the first step of the process. You'll be prompted to do this when you start up Rocket League for the first time after the update. Once that's completed, there are a couple of different ways to connect your Rocket League platforms to your Epic Games Account and complete the process for cross-platform progression.

Once you're logged in, you will be asked to set a Primary Platform. Your Primary Platform will be your source of progression (Rocket Pass Progress, Competitive Rank, XP Level) for all of your connected platforms. In other words, be sure to choose the platform where you have the most progress in Rocket Pass, and your highest Competitive Rank. Credit and Esports Token balances will stay tied to each platform as they cannot be transferred to a new platform. Once your Primary Platform is selected, you will be able to play with your Competitive Rank, and Rocket Pass progress, and XP Level on all other connected platforms.

You'll be able to connect additional platforms you have to your Epic Games Account on our account linking page. Simply link your platforms using your PlayStation Network, Xbox Live, Nintendo Switch Online, and Steam account login information and share progress. You may also designate one of them as your Primary Platform from the linking page. If you've linked platforms to your Epic Games Account in the past, you won't need to do it again for Rocket League.

If you make a mistake or change your mind about which platform will be your primary, don't worry! You will be able to unlink your platform and choose a different platform as your primary, but you will not be able to link that platform to a different Epic Games Account.

If you're looking for an extra reason to link your Rocket League platforms to your Epic Games Account, everyone who does will automatically receive the Chopper EG Wheels pictured above!
rl_epic-link_steps_blog.jpg

YOUR INVENTORY. FROM EVERY PLATFORM. IN ONE PLACE.
Shared Inventory is a major part of Rocket League's cross-platform progression. Each platform you link to your Epic Games Account shares its inventory with your other connected platforms, with a few key exceptions. For example, if you completed Rocket Pass 2 on your PC but also play on other platforms, you can now use those Rocket Pass 2 items everywhere. Here's everything that will and won't be shared across your connected platforms:

Shared Across Platforms

• All earned free drops (Common Items, Event Items)
  • Season Rewards & Titles
  • Rocket Pass Items
  • Item Shop Purchases
  • Blueprints and items built from blueprints
  • All Rocket League-branded DLC included in the Legacy Pack
Not Shared

• Platform-Exclusive Items: e.g., Sweet Tooth, Hogsticker, Armadillo, Mario and Luigi NSR, and Samus' Gunship
  • Ultimate Edition On-Disc DLC: Batman/DC Superheroes Pack
  • Premium DLC Packs: licensed content that was previously available in the Showroom (e.g., Back To The Future, Jurassic World, DC Superheroes, Fast and the Furious, Ghostbusters, Knight Rider, etc.)
  • Credits and Esports tokens balances

You will still have access to use the purchased DLC Packs on the platform where they were purchased. We are working to make Premium DLC accessible across platforms, but this will not be available when free to play launches.

PLAYER-TO-PLAYER TRADING
The arrival of cross-platform progression means changes to player-to-player trading.

To reduce the risk of fraud, purchased items can only be traded on their platform of purchase. For example, if you build a Blueprint with Credits on PlayStation, you won't be able to trade that item on a linked Xbox or any other linked platform. It's only tradable on PlayStation.

Your other tradable items can be traded regardless of which platform you acquired them on, but you can only initiate trades with players logged into the same platform as you.

As an additional anti-fraud measure, we will also require both players involved in any trade to have purchased at least 500 Credits (players who played Rocket League before the launch of free to play are exempt from this requirement).

We're excited to bring cross-platform progression to Rocket League, and this is just one of the new features coming to the game when the update goes live later this summer. We still have a lot of info to share as we approach launch. So, stay tuned for RocketLeague.com and follow us on Twitter for the latest news and announcements.

OP
OP
CountAntonio

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
The fact that this combines your season rewards and rocket pass items from all your linked accounts is huge. The premium items is no surprise since platform holders always had issues with that but hopefully epic manages to pull that off later. This is much better than i had expected.

elzeus

Oct 30, 2017
Cool changes. Hopefully they add crossplatform voice chat like they did in Fortnite soon.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
This is a really great change. I've got hundreds of hours worth of items and unlocks on Xbox that I'll be bringing over to Steam.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
THIS IS AMAZING.

I will play 100% more Rocket League if my progression across all platforms is shared and synced. Man, this is the dream come true.

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
Works perfectly for me to let me have my PS4 stuff make its way over to the other platforms so I can plan anywhere without starting from scratch, items-wise.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Epic ID will power the new matchmaking so I'm pretty sure this was a given. This should include better crossplatform lobbies with full voice and text chat for once.
Sure. If it's so much better, like they say, people should want to opt into that.

Epic are seemingly forcing people into their ecosystem.

OP
OP
CountAntonio

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Sure. If it's so much better, like they say, people should want to opt into that.

Epic are seemingly forcing people into their ecosystem.
It uses the EPIC ID system for matchmaking. Which has unlocked the rest of the crossplatform features. They aren't just forcing you to sign in to Epic. The system is built around it now.

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
I just got back into Rocket League, shows how long it's been since I played it last, since all the DLC has disappeared from the store. I remember it used to be about £2 per pack or something like that. I just checked the shop now and they want near £15 for one single goal explosion. That's absolutely extortionate. How long have the prices been ridiculous like this? A while I'm guessing, but still. This stuff is absurdly priced, greed is an understatement.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
I just got back into Rocket League, shows how long it's been since I played it last, since all the DLC has disappeared from the store. I remember it used to be about £2 per pack or something like that. I just checked the shop now and they want near £15 for one single goal explosion. That's absolutely extortionate. How long have the prices been ridiculous like this? A while I'm guessing, but still. This stuff is absurdly priced, greed is an understatement.

Welcome to Epic Games.
Pissing hardcore Rocket League players off since the end of 2019 when they introduced the worthless blueprints.

scurker

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really engage with the cosmetic content, aside from the Rocket Pass each season. The high price of everything ensures that I'll never buy anything from the store.

My bigger concern is how much worse the userbase is going to get after it starts to be free to play. Right now, I'd say I have 15-20% of my matches playing with randos where someone will leave early so the penalties being applied are clearly not effective.

I wish there was different match pools for people who are frequently toxic or leave the game early.

EloKa

GSP
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
You'd be surprised to learn that all stuff was priced waaay higher in the beginning when the ingame shop got introduced after the Epic acquisition. They've asked up to $60 for some skins then. Those goal explosions only go for "as little as £15" because the community rioted against the original prices.

DongBeetle

Oct 25, 2017
There will still be more people playing Rocket a League on Steam in five years than there will he people playing it on EGS

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
You'd be surprised to learn that all stuff was priced waaay higher in the beginning when the ingame shop got introduced after the Epic acquisition. They've asked up to $60 for some skins then. Those goal explosions only go for "as little as £15" because the community rioted against the original prices.
I don't think there were any that expensive? I think $24 was the most I remember seeing when the blueprint update came around? ($24 is still fucking insane)

WackoWambo

Jan 11, 2018
Holy shit, I have items on Nintendo Switch, Xbox, and PC. I kind of stopped playing because I assumed I'd have to choose one main inventory. The fact we can combine them is huge.

EloKa

GSP
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think there were any that expensive? I think $24 was the most I remember seeing when the blueprint update came around? ($24 is still fucking insane)
Unfortunately it seems that most articles you can find on Google are about how RL lowered its prices but the original prices aren't really mentioned.
Here's a Tweet from one of the better known RL Pros making fun of his (at that time) $53 car which was basically cheap wheels and a decal.