• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
WTaKSFU.png

Back hurts from that carry, damn.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gotta appreciate matchmaking though. Second time already that I meet the same hacker in 3 consecutive matches.

AllMight1

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, for 5 bucks it's REALLY good, not 30, and not because the gameplay isn't worth it, because the game has its battle pass that offers exclusive skins and rewards, I read on other thread that you can get ALL the content the game offers with in game currency and that's not true, there's stuff exclusive to the battle pass.

I've been getting matches in 30 seconds and that's freaking great. This game has so much potential and hopefully it lasts

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My controller must be busted. I don't know how many times I have to press RB to do my ability 2-3 times before it registers. Same with some face buttons. Trying to escape with my Flux invisible ability and there's some weird frames where it doesn't work even though it's ready and it always gets me killed.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Played the last 9 match I needed for my weekly 50 wins. 6 of them contained the same hacker. The small player pool is becoming an issue.

OP
OP
NeoRaider

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
I am yet to have a hacker in my matches. I am not sure how can i know that they hack, never noticed anything unusual.

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
My controller must be busted. I don't know how many times I have to press RB to do my ability 2-3 times before it registers. Same with some face buttons. Trying to escape with my Flux invisible ability and there's some weird frames where it doesn't work even though it's ready and it always gets me killed.
I was maining Flux during the free weekend and this tripped me up a few times too. Sometimes id dodge, realize actually i need get out of there because i was getting ganged up on, but the game wont activate the escape ability until the dodge plays out which is a split second difference not in my favor. It sucks because Fluxs escape is the whole reason she makes sense to me- lets me be aggressive and have a get out of jail free card if i picked the wrong fight (or a quick speed boost if someone turns a corner trying to get away from me)

Anyways enjoyed the free weekend but going to wait till its cheap on steam to keep my progress/cosmetics. the only mode i enjoyed was Knockout, which is really fun but not 30 dollars fun.

Cream Stout

Oct 28, 2017
Just started last night w/ a buddy and it was a lot of fun. Not something I'd play constantly but a good change of pace when I'm not feeling my main games. I ended up gelling really well with Topnotch, as he gave me Pharah vibes from Overwatch. Constantly top damage/kills for knockout and he's been a lot of fun to ball deny with in rocketball.

I think treasure hunt is my favorite mode though.

Ralemont

Jan 3, 2018
I'm impressed how evenly distributed character picks are. I'm not even sure who the most or least picked would be, I see all the characters a lot.

Edit: does anyone know how Blast Pass points are awarded, ie more for winning or playing in Competitive?

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
These mechanics are perfect for play of the games. Ive done some stupid shit with Kayi's grappling hook lol.

https%3A%2F%2Fscreenshotscontent-d2002.xboxlive.com%2Fxuid-2535431551328040-private%2Fbe7be51a-a9c7-42e6-aba5-8c336f512fa4.PNG%3Fsv%3D2015-12-11%26sr%3Db%26si%3DDefaultAccess%26sig%3DH4m%252Be%252BOP1e1dntKHqLZyPHZKORl%252BPFwoXBEKudwm2p0%253D.png

I love seeing other 30s. Tells me it's about to get sweaty but I probably get too competitive lol.

Last edited:

AllMight1

Oct 27, 2017
In my experience I think the strongest competitors are Amphora, Jayto, Kayi, Misteen and Boone. I thought their kit was way too great. Whats the general concensus?

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Topnotch has been an issue when I don't have a Kayi on the team, and since I see Topnotch so often I'm always countering him. I basically liken the matchup to Mcree vs a Pharah. Technically it is a charged icicle from Mei but it's the closest weapon that rewards precision so I'm sticking with it because aiming it is so natural to me. I even got accused of aimbotting.

AllMight1

Oct 27, 2017
Topnotch is definitely better than Mysteen, Boone, Jayto and maybe even Kayi.
Yeah definitely he's a great character and my perspective is evolving the more I play, while Mysteen is great for damage dealing she can be slow in her movement on larger maps, also just fought a level 50 Flux that camped the higher areas of the mountain map and that was super rough. Also Kayi's main attack is so good.

AllMight1

Oct 27, 2017
Ended up as a Jayto main more than anyone, Im doing more damage and surviving near death experiences with his mobility.

AllMight1

Oct 27, 2017
Well I really tried getting my friends into this but no interest, and i'm already tired of being paired up with level 1's against level 70's that camp the higher areas of the map.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017

www.ea.com

Play the Blast in Paradise Event!

Exclusive challenges, rewards and playlists, two new tropical maps, and more await! Have a Blast in Paradise, August 13 to August 26!

www.ea.com

Rocket Arena Update 1.1 Notes

Check out what’s coming with Update 1.1 and our Blast in Paradise event!

They nerfed Kayi. Other than that no balance changes, i was expecting Topnotch nerfs.

Kayi..... never felt overpowered to me at all? If anything I found her underpowered.

Oct 26, 2017
That nerf doesn't seem like anything substantial. Just a small damage nerf when she's inside her snow globe--nothing else.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Kayi was definitely OP at least on console. Her splash damage was so generous I get surprised if I didn't double my teammates damage by end game. Seriously. Getting 2000-2500 has been the norm during my session with 3000 damage being an attainable goal every few matches.

OP
OP
NeoRaider

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
Played few games after the event went live. Overall it's REALLY good. 2 new maps are so beautiful and different from what we have. 2v2 is also fun.

There are some really nice looking skins and cosmetic items but i am disappointed that there are 2 or 3 Legendary skins that can only be purchased with Rocket Fuel.

Also the game is on Sale on Steam. They had to wait one month before being able to discount it.

Last edited:

Seth Balmore

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Yeah, sucks that the cool cosmetics go for only real money.

I was in shock the first time I threw the beach ball and saw the new physics, lol. Makes the mode juuuuust different enough to warrant some surprise goals.

2v2 Knockout makes for some tense games!

Last edited:

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
Played few games after the event went live. Overall it's REALLY good. 2 new maps are so beautiful and different from what we have. 2v2 is also fun.

There are some really nice looking skins and cosmetic items but i am disappointed that there are 2 or 3 Legendary skins that can only be purchased with Rocket Parts.

Also the game is on Sale on Steam. They had to wait one month before being able to discount it.

It's also on sale on PSN.

Seth Balmore

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
I think that i snapped with Mysteen again...

397FEAD954887BD9DE0D8DE3FCD42D9731E63D29
Nice. I don't know how to play Mysteen effectively, she's fun but I am sorely missing a secondary attack of some sort with her... Any tips? (other than get better at aiming :P)

I have the same problem with Kayi. I don't get that archetype... Coincidentally my 2 mains (Plink and Rev) play super similarly, so I guess I just have a type?

OP
OP
NeoRaider

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
Nice. I don't know how to play Mysteen effectively, she's fun but I am sorely missing a secondary attack of some sort with her... Any tips? (other than get better at aiming :P)

I have the same problem with Kayi. I don't get that archetype... Coincidentally my 2 mains (Plink and Rev) play super similarly, so I guess I just have a type?
Well both Rev and Plink have kinda similar primary and are completely different from Mysteen. And Kayi/Mysteen have similar playstyle too. They are both long/mid range accurate hitscans. I feel like Mysteen is slightly harder to play compared to Kayi tho.

My tips for Mysteen would be:

- Her projectiles are fast, learn to constantly track your enemy and don't let them breathe. Try to not miss every 3rd shoot.

- Cooldown on her Secondary (shield) is very short, use it all the time. It can protect you from big damage like Flux's Secondary for example.

- Use her Special (Phantasm) before engaging in fight, not when you are almost fully damaged or about to be Knocked Out.

Another thing that i am doing a lot: I do her triple jump and then hold space for Levitate while shooting the enemy. She is closing the gap slowly while being able to track the enemy with her Primary and deal lots of damage.

XDDX

Oct 26, 2017
Is the double xp for characters or the battle pass? or both? Not really interested in the battle pass but I want to level up some characters.