• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
nIV4IFV.jpg

About the game:
Welcome to a world where the rules are written in rocket fuel.
Rockets rule everything in Rocket Arena, an explosive 3v3 shooter where you're never out of the action. Master your hero's unique rockets and abilities to rule the arena and become a champion! Adapt your strategy with an ever-growing roster of diverse heroes with distinctive powers. Unearth new strategies and tactics based on your squad, explore a wide variety of dynamic maps, and discover the true depth of rocket gameplay.
Ready to roll? Pre-order now to get the Epic Roller Derby Rev Outfit!

KEY FEATURES

Rocket-fueled heroes — Explore a growing roster of fantastic heroes, each with distinctive personalities, backstories, and rivalries. Master your hero's powerful abilities and signature rockets, and get the most out of your squad.

Death-defying action — Never say die because, in Rocket Arena, you can't! Taking too many hits will blast you out of the arena but not out of the action. Ride your rocket right back in, survey the scene, and return to the fight.

Reach new strategic depths (and heights) — Rockets are easy to use but challenging to truly master. Learn how to time your dodges, lead your targets, and use well-timed items and gadgets like the Rocket Magnet, Trip Mine, and Speed Boost to change the course of combat. Become one with your rocket, and you will rule the arena.

Explore a bold, new world — From tropical ruins of The Gemstone Jungle to the high-tech, utopian Boom City, the world of Crater is home to many exotic locales. Each map is filled with hidden tricks, traps, and lore to explore. Use your rockets to jump, climb, and explore the environment. There's a world of possibility, so grab your rockets and take off!

Evolve your heroes — The sky's the limit for your heroes. Every match you play with them earns experience, unlocking Rocket Parts, Totem Parts, and spectacular outfits you can use to customize their look. You'll also unlock powerful artifacts as you play — mix, match, and level them up to give your heroes impressive new stat boosts and effects! You'll need every edge you can get to rule the Rocket Championship Tour.

Change the game — There's more than one way to play. Dive into Knockout for classic 3v3 competitive action, or warm up first against RocketBots and test out your favorite combos. Compete to score goals in Rocketball, control zones in Mega Rocket, and go for the gold in Treasure Hunt. When you're ready to go rocket-to-rocket with the best, dive into Ranked Play and show 'em what you're made of. Let's Rocket!

Official Trailers:

Platforms: PC (Origin/Steam), PS4, XB1
Price: 30$ (Standard), 40$ (Mythic Edition)

Official site: https://www.ea.com/games/rocket-arena
Metacritic: https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/rocket-arena

Just a quick, little OT for the members that are already playing or planning to get and play the game in the future. I think that the game looks super fun and deserves to be successful. Hope you have fun guys!

Last edited:

KaiPow

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't touched Rocket Arena since it was announced by Nexon at E3 a year or two ago, but I'll be definitely checking it out this week once our review copy shows up!

panama chief

Oct 27, 2017
Hope this game has legs. @$29.99 its going to have to offer more than what others are doing for free.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately, i don't believe the game will do well without being F2P (I know about EA Access, still not F2P).

benzopil

Oct 25, 2017
Couldn't stop playing for three hours straight. I love the character designs, and a big amount of maps and modes keeps things fresh.

Definitely wouldn't call the game slow, it's fast paced (you get the artifact which increases the speed of your character at level two, after like one match) and sometimes chaotic, especially in control-like mode.

Buuuut I'm not sure why the game isn't f2p. At least there are no lootboxes. Unfortunately all basic skins are kinda lame and same-y, the good ones are available in the store. You get enough money while playing to buy these items, so it's not MTX-heavy. But there are only two "epic" skins available now so you have to wait until your fav character gets a skin which is annoying.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Couldn't stop playing for three hours straight. I love the character designs, and a big amount of maps and modes keeps things fresh.

Definitely wouldn't call the game slow, it's fast paced (you get the artifact which increases the speed of your character at level two, after like one match) and sometimes chaotic, especially in control-like mode.

Buuuut I'm not sure why the game isn't f2p. At least there are no lootboxes. Unfortunately all basic skins are kinda lame and same-y, the good ones are available in the store. You get enough money while playing to buy these items, so it's not MTX-heavy. But there are only two "epic" skins available now so you have to wait until your fav character gets a skin which is annoying.
Which character do you prefer so far?

benzopil

Oct 25, 2017
Which character do you prefer so far?
Amphora is great. Her weapon requires you to hold R2 until it charges so it's not as easy to use as the regular rocket launcher. But her abilities compensate that and there is some combo potential.

Also i decided to try Izeel in practice mode since her skin is in the store now and she looked super fun, hooks like Roadhog and deals damage with another ability. I'll spend more time with her tomorrow in ranked.

Dorfdad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I know a person who has played the betas and Is in the twitch rivals tomorrow for the game tournament. It's a really cool idea concept really polished, it's as if a third person shooter and smash brothers had a baby.

they are launching with10 maps and 10 characters and will have a battle pass system shortly after launch.

really enjoyed what I saw and excited to get the game. Don't sleep on it!

game is crossplay day one

Oct 27, 2017
I thought this was going to be f2p honestly.. doubt this will be a success with that price tag

Does anyone know if you can play this for 10 hours with ea access thing?

Hassansan

Oct 27, 2017
Love the characters and the general artstyle, but ain't dropping money on it especially with EA's trademarked awful regional pricing.

D-Soo

Nov 1, 2017
I've been playing this through origin premiere and its not terrible? Ive been having a decent amount of fun. I wish teams were bigger and maps were a little more spread out. Abilities and items are pretty neat

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to hearing some impressions. It looks fun to me, and the maps look good too.

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
This is actually a ton of a fun. Been having a blast this evening (no pun intended). Already had plenty of super close matches with clutch endings.

Releasing at $30 is doing this game a huge disservice - it should absolutely be f2p. Not a knock on the value but simply the currently landscape.

Oct 25, 2017
I would definitely play if it was like $10 or $15, the price tag will probably mean this game is dead quick, sadly.

Will check out some streams though.

OP
OP
NeoRaider

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
Was able to get the Mythic Edition of the game from the giveaway. There are ton of streamers playing the game right now doing giveaways, also some ppl on Discord, Twitter... etc.

Also ppl that played the beta on Steam started receiving their copies few hours ago, so if you played the beta check your Steam library!

Can't wait to start playing tomorrow!!

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
the lack of in-game pinging or text chat is pretty brutal. as is the 3v3 requirement for ranked play, which means there's no getting over the hump of being matchmade with garbage randos. worst of all is this art style, which doesn't make any sense to me. it's just cookie-cutter, rounded-edges Pixar stuff, for a game that's all about air control. why didn't they try, I dunno, a bird theme? or vintage pilots? instead we get "rejected Nickelodeon 3D cartoon heroes" as the common theme for both the characters and the maps. it's like getting a loaf of very nicely made white bread with the crusts pre-cut.

I say this because I like this exact sort of game, and some of the mechanical execution is brilliant. but you gotta have real balls to launch a game nobody's heard of--which already tanked in its FIRST attempt at launching f2p in 2019--and expect the market to bend to your "pay $30 sight-unseen" will. ESPECIALLY when it's littered with microtransactions and battle pass messaging. like, what? why? what are you people doing? make up your minds. if you're charging $30, make it feel like people's purchases are being respected. instead, the whole interface is insulting from an "I paid for this" perspective.

Thewonandonly

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Utah
I mean this game seems pretty cool but like I fee with how dead this thread is it shows how bad this model is for multiplayer games nowadays... haven't heard a peep from it and really didn't know it released and I think it looks really cool.

I'm going to pick it up when I fix my PC but man I just hope it's not dead by then hh

FatalT

Feb 24, 2019
I got a code from a Twitch Streamer for this so I'm excited to check it out on Origin. I can see it going Free-to-Play in the future if the player base dies down though.

Dakkon

Oct 27, 2017
I played the beta, and liked it.

The release is a lot better, and the game is fantastic.

Runs great, feels great, the new characters are cool, Artifacts are better, and I think Third Person is actually an improvement due to the increased FOV even if I think FPS makes more sense just from a rocket POV.

Oct 27, 2017
This isn't even available with the Origin peasant tier. I wonder if this is the case of EA management ignoring their own staff, or their own analysts are so bad they cannot forsee problems with the playercount.

I am eagerly waiting to see the numbers on par with Bleeding Edge or Crucible on Steamcharts.

OP
OP
NeoRaider

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
Ok, i played few matches and i have to say that i am really impressed! The game is super fun.
All 5 heroes that i tried were fun more or less, they are different enough and i absolutely love their designs and personalities and voice acting. I think that i played all 3 (or is it 4?) modes and they are all fun. My favorite for now is probably the one with collecting coins! Everything was smooth and there were no issues during the gameplay. Game is really, really well polished.
Please guys give it a try if you can, the game is awesome and deserves to be successful.

Last edited:
OP
OP
NeoRaider

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
I am giving away one Rocket Arena key for Steam!
All you have to do is comment under my post who do you think my favorite Hero is currently. First person to guess right wins!

OP
OP
NeoRaider

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
Maybe i shouldn't say this but all the answers above are wrong!
It should be little easier now.

Thewonandonly

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Utah
Well bought the game and first impressions aren't strong.

By that I mean I've been trying to find a match for the last 15 minutes with no luck. Is the community really that dead or is this stupid RocketBot knockout mode that I have to play first just dumb and no one plays it?