• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Moppy

Oct 27, 2017
"Blinded by the light
Revved up like a douche, another runner in the night"

...and you can't convince me it's anything else.

Wildstrike

Jan 18, 2018
Fall Out Boy's This Ain't a Scene..

"I'm bleeding, man. And I'm also emo, oh so into cats.. oh so into cats.."

Last edited:

JankyNedelko

Oct 15, 2020
The Netherlands
This misheard lyric video actually got me diving deeper into K-Pop, sometime in 2012. It's a bit of a cheat (mishearing foreign languages), and it does include the non-kosher use of "니가 for the n-word"-thing (a turnoff that is still present today).

Personal highlights:
"Male eel kill them, why?"
"I'm gay, Ramyum. Old dirt guy, yay."
"Conjure a particle, pat him down."
"No man in our big Dodge - you go (to) cut your throat."
"DILATE YOUR CAT"

Merriweather

Oct 29, 2017
Every time I listen to "Sunny Side Up" by Faith No More I hear "tap dancing all alone" as "Ted Danson all alone."

skeptem

Oct 25, 2017
This one was ruined for me by my wife.

Lyrics: On three, lets jump off the roof
vs
Misheard: Ol Three legs, jumped off the roof

Guts Of Thor

Oct 25, 2017
When I was little, I used to hear Panama from Van Halen as Had Enough.

I also used to think the Rolling Stone's "You Start Me Up" was Pistachio.

cowtools

Jul 20, 2020
Canada
Not quite a misheard lyric but more of an ignored theme, but when I finally stopped and listened to OutKast's "Hey Ya," I was shook.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
"blinded by the light, wrapped up like a douche in the middle of the night"
It's always this one. For practically my whole life, it was "wrapped up like a douche" something-something "in the night". I still have a hard time not hearing it even though I know what the actual line is now.

"Revved up like a deuce, another runner in the night"

Aranjah

Oct 27, 2017
The one in the title/OP, I used to hear as "rock the asphalt". Thought it was some "dancing in the streets" sort of metaphor. Didn't know the word "casbah". lol

And +1 for "revved up like a douche."

Edit:
As a teenager, I thought AC/DC singing "dirty deeds, done dirt cheap" was "dirty deeds, thunderchief". I found out it wasn't about the same time it became my nickname for a couple years.
Oh yeah, I misheard this one as "dunder chief" and what my brain decided that meant was "chief dunderhead". So there were many dunderheads but this guy was the chief of them.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Always thought Foreigner was singing about a Juice Box Hero when I was a kid, thought it was a weird thing to write a song about

Cam

Oct 27, 2017
As mentioned, "wrapped like a douche"

Metallicas Enter Sandman, "keep your free throws in". Always thought that was a weird metaphor, like where did basketball come from?

Beck - Loser "soooo much for genitals, I'm a loser bay baayyy"

ACDC, always thought "dirty deeds and the dunder chief" was odd, maybe it was slang from the old rock bands or inside joke.

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
Not me, but one that made me crack up when I first heard it was when a buddy of my dad's thought the titualar line in Billy Idol's Eyes Without a Face was, "How's about a date?"

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone here say "A kiss from the rose on the gray"? Because i was on that Grave train for a looooooong time.

Oct 27, 2017
This is one of my favorites from Dream Theater:

"FUCK THIS WHORE! DRINK A TROLL!"

Oof, I forgot how weird Petrucci looked in some of those pics.

Also, Blinded By the Light's "Wrapped up like a douche!" lyric is a good one.

AkiraAkira

Dec 28, 2017
When I was a kid I always heard Aerosmith's Dude Looks Like a Lady as "Do the naked lady."

I remember as a kid wondering if "the naked lady" was some kind of a dance, or if the lyrics were just a declaration of sexual intent.

There's also this Shania Twain song that was popular when I was a kid that goes "Whose Bed Have Your Boots Been Under?" But I somehow heard it as "Boots Day. Happy Boots Day. Go on, girl." I thought Boots Day was like an established day where everyone wore boots, I guess.

:D

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
Bloc Party - Like Eating Glass

Don't judge me too harshly but the second line (1 minute into the song):

"Open mouths swallowing us"

I heard as "Open mouths swallowing ARSE" (ass to you Americans).

Now if you actually listen to the song he does sing the word "us" in a way that sounds like it could be arse.

I thought it all made a bit more sense a while later when the lead singer came out as gay. Fair enough that doesn't make sense given the rest of the song but it was one of those quirky and controversial lyrics to the point it kinda made sense to me and since I heard it like that first time it was forever ingrained in my head as that. Sigh.

MrBanballow

Not changing this tag
May 1, 2019
5 More Minutes

The actual line...
At eighty-six my grandpa said, "There's angels in the room"

What I always hear...
At eighty-six my grandpa said, "Criss Angel's in the room"

... I then assume that grandpa pulls off a mask, and mind freaks everybody.

G.O.O.

Oct 26, 2017
In French, "Ground control to Major Tom" can be heard as "prends l'contrôle de mes tétons" with an english accent. It means "take control of my nipples".

Jetsun Mila

Apr 7, 2021
There's a urban legend in Germany for "Another Brick in the Wall" by Pink Floyd.
The children's choir in that track sing "All in all you're just" but in German it sounds like "Hol ihn hol ihn unters Dach" ("Take him take him under the roof") and there are various nonsense "explanations" made about this, one being that one of the sound enigneers was depressive and somehow hid that message in there before he hung himself under the roof (there is no german sound engineer on this record). But it's always amusing to mishear this line in German.