• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dork Knight

Feb 20, 2018
The Clash's "Rock the Casbah" came on my Spotify playlist and it reminded me of one of my favorite misheard lyric videos: Rock the Cash Bar:

That got me thinking... What are some other awesome misheard lyrics? Share some!

While you're thinking, here's my other all-time favorite FINNISH DUCKTALES THEME:

KNIT AND DANCE BAKE A CAKE, OH!

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
youtu.be

Metallica - Fade to Black

check out my buddiess music-channel and rock on! https://www.youtube.com/c/DaddysRockArchive/featured__________________Life it seems, will fade awayDrifting ...

"No one but me, can take my cellphone, IT'S TOOO LAAAAAAATEEEE"

Metallica critiqued the smartphone generation before most people even had personal phones.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
"We killed this kitty. We killed this kitty going cross the road" We Built This City

"Sleep with one eye open, because this is a pillow fight" Enter Sandman

Chubnasty

Banned
Sep 26, 2019
I thought Eiffel 65 song "Blue" was "I'm blue I'm in need of a diet, I'm in need of a diet" as a overweight teenager.

Deleted member 4874

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Today, I was listening to the radio in my dad's truck, and The Offspring's "Why Don't You Get A Job" came on. Anyway, there's a part, that goes na-na why don't you get a job, and I started laughing to myself thinking it was saying, Nana, why don't you get a job.

Drain You

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
Connecticut
I got my head checked
By a jumbo jet.

I'm honestly not entirely sure what I was hearing but I wasn't anywhere close and for a song that I sing anytime it comes on it surprised me

Song is Song #2 by Blur btw.

Also as a fun tidbit. It wasn't till this year that I realized it's the same dude from the Gorillaz. That really made me mad because it's so obvious once you know.

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

At the 28 second mark. Someone told me it sounds like Brenda Lee is saying "LATER WE'LL HAVE SOME FUCKIN' PIE" and I can not hear the work pumpkin anymore.

cubicle47b

Aug 9, 2019
As a teenager, I thought AC/DC singing "dirty deeds, done dirt cheap" was "dirty deeds, thunderchief". I found out it wasn't about the same time it became my nickname for a couple years.

Lionel Mandrake

Prophetic Lionel Mandrake
Oct 26, 2017
When I was a kid I always heard Aerosmith's Dude Looks Like a Lady as "Do the naked lady."

I remember as a kid wondering if "the naked lady" was some kind of a dance, or if the lyrics were just a declaration of sexual intent.

There's also this Shania Twain song that was popular when I was a kid that goes "Whose Bed Have Your Boots Been Under?" But I somehow heard it as "Boots Day. Happy Boots Day. Go on, girl." I thought Boots Day was like an established day where everyone wore boots, I guess.

OP
OP
Dork Knight

Dork Knight

Feb 20, 2018
youtu.be

Metallica - Fade to Black

check out my buddiess music-channel and rock on! https://www.youtube.com/c/DaddysRockArchive/featured__________________Life it seems, will fade awayDrifting ...

"No one but me, can take my cellphone, IT'S TOOO LAAAAAAATEEEE"

Metallica critiqued the smartphone generation before most people even had personal phones.

Suddenly this song has a whole new meaning.

"We killed this kitty. We killed this kitty going cross the road" We Built This City

"Sleep with one eye open, because this is a pillow fight" Enter Sandman

Even though that Metallica lyrics is misheard, it totally works within the context of the song. Love it!

No one can beat the original

Haha! Had no idea there was another one.

At the 28 second mark. Someone told me it sounds like Brenda Lee is saying "LATER WE'LL HAVE SOME FUCKIN' PIE" and I can not hear the work pumpkin anymore.

I'm 100% convinced that is what she's saying. ONE. HUNDRED. PERCENT.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
While they're kind of cringey try hard stuff I liked the mid 00s pop-punk and emo "misheard lyrics" videos. One was for Brand New which I don't wanna engage with again sadly, but I remember the other one was Fallout Boys Ted's Pants. I'm not really a fan of the band but legitimately don't know what the song is anymore, I just know it as Ted's Pants.

Edit: I fucking love these clash ones btw. The Clash have been one of my favorite bands for most of my life, I adore them, I have a London Calling tattoo, and I still don't know what the fuck Joe Strummer is singing half the time.

Double edit: ahh I forgot the sugar we're going down one too so good!

Katsyo

Oct 27, 2017
For whatever reason I thought for a long time that the chorus for Cranberries Zombie was "In your head, in your head. It's all there, it's all there-e-e-e" instead of zombie-e-e-e...

Another one that comes to mind was Tanita Tikaram's Twist in my sobriety where I thought she sang "Look my eyes are just hallow grounds" instead of holograms.

StrangeADT

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I thought Eiffel 65 song "Blue" was "I'm blue I'm in need of a diet, I'm in need of a diet" as a overweight teenager.
i always heard it as "I'm blue I'm in need of a guy, I'm in need of a guy". I'm not gay but I legitimately thought those were the lyrics. Never understood how that related to the music video.

ronpontelle

Oct 27, 2017
My sister thought instead of "Annie are you ok?" in Smooth Criminal it was "Elegantly, walking".

Makes no sense... "Elegantly walking. Elegantly walking. Gantly walking, ele"

Drain You

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
Connecticut
For whatever reason I thought for a long time that the chorus for Cranberries Zombie was "In your head, in your head. It's all there, it's all there-e-e-e" instead of zombie-e-e-e...

Another one that comes to mind was Tanita Tikaram's Twist in my sobriety where I thought she sang "Look my eyes are just hallow grounds" instead of holograms.

This one I can't remember what I thought I heard, but I remember it being new years and my buddy was singing the lyrics "zombie" and my reaction was like "hah that's a fun play on it" and he's like..."those are the lyrics" then we looked them up and I felt dumb but it made me like the song more
Suddenly this song has a whole new meaning.

Even though that Metallica lyrics is misheard, it totally works within the context of the song. Love it!

Haha! Had no idea there was another one.

I'm 100% convinced that is what she's saying. ONE. HUNDRED. PERCENT.

That last part. I listened only because I wanted to disagree with you. Not sure that I can anymore.

Last edited:

finfinfin

The Fallen
Jul 26, 2018
We're off to build a rocket sun,
never need to wonder how or why.

2112. What even is a rocket sun? Oh, OK, don't need to worry about it.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Indiana wants Schmee not I can't get Batman

Is how I heard Indiana wants me no I can't go back there

Oct 25, 2017
This was the old classic among my brothers and I. =)

I remember this was removed from YouTube for a while. But this video seems the right age.. Maybe it was finallybrought out of disputes?

slider

Nov 10, 2020
Peace Sells which I heard when I was a kid. It started as...

He's dead but inspired

I kicked myself when I realised it was actually...

Police cells are on fire

Only to realise years later that it's actually

Peace sells but who's buying?

Knowing the title would have helped a huge amount.

OP
OP
Dork Knight

Dork Knight

Feb 20, 2018

Amazing.

not misheard, but can't unhear.

OMG. I love it.

This was the old classic among my brothers and I. =)

I remember this was removed from YouTube for a while. But this video seems the right age.. Maybe it was finallybrought out of disputes?

Hahahahha. So good!

Wow! I haven't seen this one. Thanks for sharing.

MarioW

PikPok
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
New Zealand
For the longest time, I heard the lyric "I am titanium" as "I am a dirty whore". That seems like a stretch written down, but I swear as sung they are close.