• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
It's probably been said in this thread's several pages, but the whole list seems like it's just going for a bit of an irreverent tone. It also says "I know it's probably unfair, but I blame Dark Souls for everything that's wrong in the whole universe."

dude

Oct 25, 2017
Tel Aviv
At the very least this article has gotten a lot of traffic from 4chan, where the OP image comes from. They are clearly quite upset with it, though they've had it out for RPS for a while now.

I don't think highlighting this article in particular isn't going to dissuade them from continuing this trend into the future if it's so successful. I mean when was the last time an RPS Steam Charts article was so widely discussed on Era and 4chan?
Yeah well, I guess you need to bait those clicks somehow - so why not with inflammatory condescending pieces?

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Yeah well, I guess you need to bait those clicks somehow - so why not with inflammatory condescending pieces?

I don't necessarily think it's clickbait, it's a normally titled Steam Charts article and fewer of us would even be talking about it right now if 4chan hadn't decided to isolate this passage and make a huge deal out of it.

closer

Oct 25, 2017
On the real tho, rps have some good reviews, especially when they are into a game and diverge from the "graphics gud, gameplay gud, yes" rubric, but i know they are kotakuinaction status for a lot of gamerz

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Official Staff Communication
Due to the dubious nature of this source and the general lack of discussion value, this thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.