• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
They post the Steam Charts every week, it's a shitpost they make for the fun of it. Did you even notice the PUBG entry? Or the fact that he shitposted GTAV entirely? Here is the quote on Hell Let Loose:
The description for Another WW2 Multiplayer Game Let Loose says it's "a realistic World War Two" shooter. But I'm questioning if they even had PCs back in the 1940s.

It also says, "This is World War Two at a scale you've never seen before," which makes me want to ask a surviving veteran of the conflict to have a play and see if he or she agrees.

Finally, it yet also says, "You've never played World War 2 the way it was meant to be played." Which might be the stupidest sentence I've ever read. And I once tried to read a Dan Brown book.

Also, pre-ordering a game a whole year beforehand is pretty dumb.

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
Yeah, like wait for a Steam sale and buy 50 games you either won't ever play or won't play for a long ass time. There is nothing inherently more dumb about pre-ordering than having a backlog, in fact if you actually play the games you pre-order it's actually smarter than someone with a backlog.
It's very telling that the only way you can defend the baffling decision to digitally purchase something a year before it exists for no benefit whatsoever, is to pretend the only alternative use of that money is to stock up on a backlog of cheap games and never play them. You may as well have typed "insert straw man here."

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Lets write our opinion piece as inflammatory as possible to generate outrage clicks."

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
I guess I'm an absolute moron then :) I wasn't gonna pre-order but just did after seeing how angry it makes this person.

rwW5v5b.jpg

Mórríoghain

Nov 2, 2017
Preordering a game without any kind of incentive (mostly monetary reasons) is a dumb thing. Please for the love of God stop "supporting" billion-dollar businesses. Support other things that actually need your hard earned money. That being said, for example, I'm already interested in buying Control, so snatching that game for half the price (my region) on Epic Game Sale was a no brainer for me. I didn't do it to "support" Remedy. I did it to support my own wallet.

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
Rarely if ever preorder digital unless it's a price mistake for something I know will be good, though I will continue to do so on physical releases to lock in CE and prices on Amazon as there is 0 risk to me

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't mean your should insult people and devs like that
They aren't insulting devs and people pre-ordering who feel insulted shouldn't be so emotional over it. RPS is right and it's fine for them to call people out. I pre-ordered mine because I can't be assed to go in store to get it on launch aaaaand because I actually got a decent discount for pre-ordering

Lancelot

Nov 4, 2017
Campinas, SP
On Steam if you are from Argentina and pre ordered until yesterday, you've paid almost half the price, just check steamdb price history for proof.

That serves for other titles and different countries too, it's not an isolated case. In Brazil they did the same with Dark Souls 3, as an example.

Roarer

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
I work at a major online retailer. It was pretty funny earlier this year when Kingdom Hearts III released and we got loads of complaints from people with 5 year old pre-orders who wondered why the hell they were receiving a game they didn't remember buying.

Oct 25, 2017
Edgy humour is Walker's schtick for his steam charts arcticles. Insulting people doesn't seem strange for the tone he goes for.

subtropisch

Jun 23, 2018
I'd agree that it's a pretty moronic thing to do. There is literally no difference between pre ordering now and pre ordering one or two days before release except that consumers are better informed at the later date. You don't have to be so rude though.

SnowHawk

Oct 28, 2017
England
I mean if you pre order online you don't pay a penny till it's released except for amazon and some other online shops. I don't see the harm in locking down your copy now and not pay anything. :/

Roman Bellic

Banned
Jun 13, 2019
Ok, but why are they talking only about Cyberpunk 2077 and why now? That's not something new with games with pre-orders. It's something what we know for a years.

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
Eh, I got GCU and so I've pre-ordered tons of games. They show up on release date and I can sell them with no loss if I don't like them.

For games I'm not certain on, I use a card so it doesn't charge upfront. Then I can always cancel. For games I know I'll want like Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing, Link's Awakening, etc . . . I've paid for already. It feels awesome when I've got pretty much a year of games paid for and they'll simply ship out and show up on release. Money isn't exactly tight for me so doing one big charge all at once isn't an issue.

Now full price I'd have a hard time justifying it, especially digital. Too bad my GCU ends soon

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
Jeez talk about overreaction. Let people use their money how they want. I preroder my copy usually 3 days before release for the pre-load functionality.

Status
Not open for further replies.