• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
MrNelson

MrNelson

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Eq-gx0jUUAAHVao

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
hmmm... I might have to get stacy's mom sometime.... but alas I come in here like once a month or so hoping to see they released more Linkin Park songs.... but they never do :(

May 10, 2018
Man I don't even play Rock Band anymore but I accidentally clicked on hangouts and saw the title.

It instantly brought me back to that commercial with Welcome Home playing. Those were the days.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
I've had a lot of fun playing online lately. Though I feel bad about everyone playing on Expert difficulty and I'm still afraid of jumping to Expert with Drums (Playing on Hard atm)

Bought some DLC to expand the library, which I think I'll keep doing. I'm trying to find a second kick pedal and keep playing the older GH games on expert and expert+ to improve. Drums is so much fun.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I've had a lot of fun playing online lately. Though I feel bad about everyone playing on Expert difficulty and I'm still afraid of jumping to Expert with Drums (Playing on Hard atm)

Bought some DLC to expand the library, which I think I'll keep doing. I'm trying to find a second kick pedal and keep playing the older GH games on expert and expert+ to improve. Drums is so much fun.

What platform are you playing on? PlayStation?

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Kind of a weird question, but has anyone tried to make like a karaoke style song book for their Rock Band songs? If so, any advice or tools on best way to do that?

Santini

Oct 25, 2017
Kind of a weird question, but has anyone tried to make like a karaoke style song book for their Rock Band songs? If so, any advice or tools on best way to do that?
I haven't personally, but did see something related that may be of interest to you.

You might want to check out this recent Rock Band subreddit thread in which the OP shows off a Karaoke-style RB song book they'd made, as well as check out the Rock Band Karaoke Song List Maker site to get started on your own.

Minamu

Nov 18, 2017
Sweden
Hey, been playing rb4 offline for a while now. I started going for the guitar solo trophy the other day, and finished today, but the trophy didn't pop :( Is this a known issue or did I mess up somehow? I'm pretty sure I got 85% or more on every solo. I might've been signed out a few times but I don't think so. Is it not okay to use a playlist? It was done in QP so that should be fine.

GlitchyDegree

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Dec 4, 2017
Meh week for me. But after (finally) getting a New Found Glory pack I don't mind seeing a downer week.

OP
OP
MrNelson

MrNelson

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Hey, been playing rb4 offline for a while now. I started going for the guitar solo trophy the other day, and finished today, but the trophy didn't pop :( Is this a known issue or did I mess up somehow? I'm pretty sure I got 85% or more on every solo. I might've been signed out a few times but I don't think so. Is it not okay to use a playlist? It was done in QP so that should be fine.
You need to make sure you hit 85% or more on every guitar solo in all the RB4 disc songs that have them. If a song has 3 solos, you need to hit 85% or higher in all 3 of them. That's what tripped me up when I went for it at least.

Minamu

Nov 18, 2017
Sweden
You need to make sure you hit 85% or more on every guitar solo in all the RB4 disc songs that have them. If a song has 3 solos, you need to hit 85% or higher in all 3 of them. That's what tripped me up when I went for it at least.
Yeah, and I'm 99% sure that I have done that, while logged in, although most were in playlists of about 10 songs each, not solo songs. I did read that Rivals free songs seem to be required for some people, and one person even said it unlocked inside the practice mode O_o

BourbonJungle

Nov 1, 2017
I was helping a friend move and saw he was giving away the AC/DC PS3 disc and Rock Band track pack 2. Grabbed the codes and was able to import them into PS5 no problem, was wondering if there was anywhere out there to get cheap PSN download codes for the Blitz or other packs as they aren't available for purchase?

Not many songs are lonely to be of interest to me, but I was thinking of doing a karaoke style "Rock Band" Night where I hosted a trivia night for about a year. Now that my PS4 isn't seeing a ton of use I'd be ok with the risk of trotting it back and forth to a bar every work and letting drunk folks near it in public.

Hardvlade

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I was helping a friend move and saw he was giving away the AC/DC PS3 disc and Rock Band track pack 2. Grabbed the codes and was able to import them into PS5 no problem, was wondering if there was anywhere out there to get cheap PSN download codes for the Blitz or other packs as they aren't available for purchase?

Not many songs are lonely to be of interest to me, but I was thinking of doing a karaoke style "Rock Band" Night where I hosted a trivia night for about a year. Now that my PS4 isn't seeing a ton of use I'd be ok with the risk of trotting it back and forth to a bar every work and letting drunk folks near it in public.

PlayStation is down to two track pack exports in the US and only one in the UK. Here's a good reference list.

GlitchyDegree

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Dec 4, 2017
Definitely in for Sick, Sick, Sick and Take Me Home. Couldn't pay me to get ily though, what a awful choice.

OP
OP
MrNelson

MrNelson

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
EtywmTOWgAQ-FgP

I'll take "Songs I never expected in Rock Band" for 500, Alex

Good week overall

Oct 25, 2017
Great week. Never thought I'd see Bloodhound Gang in Rock Band. Wish it was off One Fierce Beer Coaster since that's the album I listened to a ton, but I'll take it.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't recognize either by the titles, but recognized them both on hearing them, so that alone makes it a good week for RB.

Hyaku Shiki

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I was wondering if this would work. I've read that Rock Band is emulated best in RPCS3. Since I only have 360 wireless drums and guitars can I buy an Xbox wireless PC receiver, or knockoff (I read they support 4 devices) and connect all my guitars and drum to my PC. Then emulate Rock band 3 PS3! RPCS3 shouldn't care right? I could just choose those controllers in its settings I assume?

PROh1bited

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So how do I get the Season Pass? Am I too late to get previous songs?

You can still get the spotlight pass before the season ends.

www.microsoft.com

Buy Season 20 Season Pass - Microsoft Store

Each week for the duration of Rivals Season 20 (8 weeks), players who purchase the Season 20 Spotlight Pass will be granted a permanent entitlement to all new purchasable songs that are released during the course of the season. Purchasers will receive a total of 18 new songs by the end of the...

OP
OP
MrNelson

MrNelson

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I was wondering if this would work. I've read that Rock Band is emulated best in RPCS3. Since I only have 360 wireless drums and guitars can I buy an Xbox wireless PC receiver, or knockoff (I read they support 4 devices) and connect all my guitars and drum to my PC. Then emulate Rock band 3 PS3! RPCS3 shouldn't care right? I could just choose those controllers in its settings I assume?
I'm not too familiar with PS3 emulation, but a quick glance at the RPCS3 compatibility list shows Rock Band 3 with a status of "in-game", meaning that you can load it up but it likely won't run all that well. To answer your other question, the controllers should work in theory.

Considering you already have the hard part taken care of (actually owning working instruments), you may be better off just getting a used 360 and a copy of the game. Any particular reason you want to go the emulation route?

Hyaku Shiki

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not too familiar with PS3 emulation, but a quick glance at the RPCS3 compatibility list shows Rock Band 3 with a status of "in-game", meaning that you can load it up but it likely won't run all that well. To answer your other question, the controllers should work in theory.

Considering you already have the hard part taken care of (actually owning working instruments), you may be better off just getting a used 360 and a copy of the game. Any particular reason you want to go the emulation route?
Thanks. I have a fully working 360 with the RB that I use. I just wanted to figure it out on PC in case my 360 dies.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Someone just needs to make new instruments. If it really is due to HMX giving PDP some infinite license to make hardware, you'd hope they have some escape clause where they can leave the contract after nothing is produced.

I get that the game is probably supported by 2 interns picking songs each week and making the tabs these days with everyone working on Fuser or trying to find the next thing to make, but it feels like at some point they're going to be releasing DLC and there won't be any audience left because they literally can't play the game unless all they want to do is sing.

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
I hope Metric finally getting DLC and no longer being restricted to the RB3 disc means we eventually get some more Flaming Lips. I'm still disappointed they went with Yoshimi but I totally understand wanting to have more songs for Keys. We can actually get some pretty fun songs for most instruments if we move away from that time period in their library.