• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone with a Series X help me out with this? I have pulled my DLC library from my external drive to the internal one and for some reason Rock Band isn't showing any of my DLC in game. I've tried refreshing music library and it won't find anything. I'm currently in My Games and Apps looking at a spinning wheel 🙄
Anyone got any ideas?
Happened when I moved to my One X. Unfortunately the only solution I found was to delete it all and redownload it.

Rodeo Clown

Dec 14, 2017
Can anyone with a Series X help me out with this? I have pulled my DLC library from my external drive to the internal one and for some reason Rock Band isn't showing any of my DLC in game. I've tried refreshing music library and it won't find anything. I'm currently in My Games and Apps looking at a spinning wheel 🙄
Anyone got any ideas?
Same exact thing happened to me and also happened when I went from Xbox One to One X. I had to uninstall and reinstall everything to get it to read my DLC. I'm not sure what it is, but RB4 does not play well with system transfers and moving data.

tenacioushe

May 17, 2018
Same exact thing happened to me and also happened when I went from Xbox One to One X. I had to uninstall and reinstall everything to get it to read my DLC. I'm not sure what it is, but RB4 does not play well with system transfers and moving data.

I actually managed to get it to work! I restarted the console and then sat on the main menu for about an hour before going into quick play where it scanned and found all of my songs. I learnt from a guy on discord that Rock Band content indexes all of your songs in the main menu, so even if they are all installed you need to wait there for them all to index which is annoying cause it doesn't tell you how far through it is...

Twiz

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I have 1300 dlc songs on PS4.
I'm gonna have to manually select each one in order to get them on PS5 :/
(I didn't transfer over my PS4 data so my sister could play rockband on that console)

HotHamWater

Oct 25, 2017
Dorset, UK
So, whats the easiest transfer process atm? I'm on PS4, so is the console transfer over LAN the better way, or move RB to my external and hope for the best? Heard a few nightmare stories of the Xbox not liking the latter, requiring folk to redownload all their DLC. Not terrible, of course, but I'd rather avoid it.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
I actually managed to get it to work! I restarted the console and then sat on the main menu for about an hour before going into quick play where it scanned and found all of my songs. I learnt from a guy on discord that Rock Band content indexes all of your songs in the main menu, so even if they are all installed you need to wait there for them all to index which is annoying cause it doesn't tell you how far through it is...
Yeah that's exactly what I had to do as well. I just kept refreshing the DLC library in the game itself to make sure it detected everything.

OP
OP
MrNelson

MrNelson

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
EnCK5aAW4AEcIj0

Hardvlade

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Just as an FYI for Xbox players interested in getting them.

If you get a brand new European copy of Rock Band 2, you can redeem the code behind the manual for the "Your Rock Band 2 Bonus Tracks". The US copy had a code for you to redeem on a website so that doesn't work. I bought a cheap new copy on eBay recently, got the code and redeemed it on my US account. (Just to had to switch region on the Xbox Series X temporarily to redeem it), but worked like a charm!

Got me 20 previously delisted songs, so happy to finally have some Hollywood Undead and some Underoath!

Hardvlade

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Recently acquired

Hardware

- Rock Band Wireless Legacy Adapter $135 (new)
- Roll Limitless with Xbox Upgrade - $140 (new)
- Wireless Drumset for RB2 (to use with the Roll Limitless - $50 (used)

Software

- Rock Band 2 Bonus Track Export (20 delisted songs)

Now I need to find a used Alesis Nitro on the marketplaces, can't wait to play pro drums on an ekit!

Getting back into Rock Band has been pricey, but happy that I've found a game that my SO and I can play & enjoy often.

MRYEAH

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The hall across the room
Woooow im joining the dlc doesn't load on series X club.
This sucked on Xbox one x and it's a repeat no matter what they say.
Can not give my internal 1300 dlc songs that would be insane with limited space so now we wait...

Twiz

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Got all my songs from PS4 on the PS5 SSD.
It plays so smoothly on new gen I had to take down the track speed from 1.75 to 1.5
Reminds me of playing RB2 on a CRT.
Can't wait to play more.

Skiptastic

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Recently acquired

Hardware

- Rock Band Wireless Legacy Adapter $135 (new)
- Roll Limitless with Xbox Upgrade - $140 (new)
- Wireless Drumset for RB2 (to use with the Roll Limitless - $50 (used)

Software

- Rock Band 2 Bonus Track Export (20 delisted songs)

Now I need to find a used Alesis Nitro on the marketplaces, can't wait to play pro drums on an ekit!

Getting back into Rock Band has been pricey, but happy that I've found a game that my SO and I can play & enjoy often.
Wow where did you get the adapter for $135? I'm close enough to desperate to pay that much.

Hardvlade

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Wow where did you get the adapter for $135? I'm close enough to desperate to pay that much.

Amazon and honestly it's the way to go. A lot of 360 instruments can be found at a decent price.

So if my RB4 guitars ever break, I can buy a cheap 360 guitar.

I just bought a barely used Alesis Nitro for $200 AND they included the PS3 MIDI Pro adapter which I sold and it covered the price of the Alesis. Patience pays off, but sucks having to check every day for a decent deal

I've been checking Amazon, eBay, Mercari, OfferUp, Facebook Marketplace.

So far FBM has been the best of the bunch, cheapest finds are usually there

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Amazon and honestly it's the way to go. A lot of 360 instruments can be found at a decent price.

So if my RB4 guitars ever break, I can buy a cheap 360 guitar.

I just bought a barely used Alesis Nitro for $200 AND they included the PS3 MIDI Pro adapter which I sold and it covered the price of the Alesis. Patience pays off, but sucks having to check every day for a decent deal

I've been checking Amazon, eBay, Mercari, OfferUp, Facebook Marketplace.

So far FBM has been the best of the bunch, cheapest finds are usually there
Just be careful with the adapter. If Reddit is anything to go by, the micro USB port can literally tear off the motherboard when you pull out the cable.

I kind of wish Harmonix would do another fig or Kickstarter for the hardware. But I guess they're sort of at the point where they're keeping the game going for the people who might be playing and counting on them to find their own hardware solutions.

Sunbro83

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone want to take a PS5 off my hands? 😭

Got mine Thursday. Picked up a 4TB drive on Sunday and started by copying my RB4 over from my PS4, thinking it would transfer all my DLC with it. Not the case.

After this I moved it from the SSD and started manually installing my 750+ DLC items. Got to the end and realised none of it had taken. It didn't like me changing the install location and the whole thing screwed up somehow.

Take 2. Deleted my original install. Installed it fresh to the external drive. Downloaded my 750+ items again. One. At. A. Time. Tried some Miles Morales for the first time and got my first hard crash. This corrupted the external drive and I lost 3TB of downloads. I assume that's because I had a background download going when the crash happened. Things got a lot worse here. Whole PS5 started playing up. Couldn't view my library anymore. Had to format the whole drive and start again.

Take 3. Currently trying again. Going to wait till everything is downloaded and installed before I use the console this time. As I type this every 2 seconds I get an "Add on for Rock Band 4 ready to play" notification on my phone. I've been getting these nonstop for about 45 minutes now. Just pray it all works this time and I don't have to go through this again!

Hardvlade

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Just be careful with the adapter. If Reddit is anything to go by, the micro USB port can literally tear off the motherboard when you pull out the cable.

I kind of wish Harmonix would do another fig or Kickstarter for the hardware. But I guess they're sort of at the point where they're keeping the game going for the people who might be playing and counting on them to find their own hardware solutions.

I ordered a magnetic USB cable for it, I've heard the USB port breaks super easily, figured I'd take care of it using that.

and yeah, I wish they'd do another hardware run for adapters, the hoops I went through to play the electronic drums sucks

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
I ordered a magnetic USB cable for it, I've heard the USB port breaks super easily, figured I'd take care of it using that.

and yeah, I wish they'd do another hardware run for adapters, the hoops I went through to play the electronic drums sucks
Yeah. Haha, let me know if those breakaway cables actually work.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Question... is there anything I need to do other than buy the export license for RB3 to get the songs for Xbox? Like, I just buy it and get those songs and it's essentially the honor system? I do have RB3, for what it's worth.

OP
OP
MrNelson

MrNelson

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Question... is there anything I need to do other than buy the export license for RB3 to get the songs for Xbox? Like, I just buy it and get those songs and it's essentially the honor system? I do have RB3, for what it's worth.
Ya, on Xbox it seems you can just buy the export through the marketplace.

GimeC

Sep 2, 2020
Currently in the hunt for Xbox controller deals and thought I should share this if anyone's in the Charleston/coastal area. 80$ for adapter/drums/guitar. Wish I didn't live hours away. :(

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Muzzymate

Oct 27, 2017
Ohio

That's a fantastic idea! I had one adapter break just sitting in my entertainment cabinet. Bought a second adapter and have tried to baby it as much as possible, knowing how expensive and rare it is now. Ordering one of those cables right now!

Never got rid of the broken adapter. I should open that up at some point to see how it might be fixed.

Schierke Mori

Oct 28, 2017
Managed to snag a used Stratocaster and vanilla RB4 for $135..damn expensive and used a friend to get the RB3 export just in time.

Anything else to grab while we're at it? Guessing it's best to wait for sales for songs?

Rewrite

Oct 26, 2017
Fontana, California
I got a PS5 and transferred RB4 to an external. Transferred it to PS5, but none of my dlc carried over! I had to re-download the Rivals expansion too. Looks like I'll have to re-download all my dlc again.

BourbonJungle

Nov 1, 2017
Anyone want to take a PS5 off my hands? 😭

Got mine Thursday. Picked up a 4TB drive on Sunday and started by copying my RB4 over from my PS4, thinking it would transfer all my DLC with it. Not the case.

After this I moved it from the SSD and started manually installing my 750+ DLC items. Got to the end and realised none of it had taken. It didn't like me changing the install location and the whole thing screwed up somehow.

Take 2. Deleted my original install. Installed it fresh to the external drive. Downloaded my 750+ items again. One. At. A. Time. Tried some Miles Morales for the first time and got my first hard crash. This corrupted the external drive and I lost 3TB of downloads. I assume that's because I had a background download going when the crash happened. Things got a lot worse here. Whole PS5 started playing up. Couldn't view my library anymore. Had to format the whole drive and start again.

Take 3. Currently trying again. Going to wait till everything is downloaded and installed before I use the console this time. As I type this every 2 seconds I get an "Add on for Rock Band 4 ready to play" notification on my phone. I've been getting these nonstop for about 45 minutes now. Just pray it all works this time and I don't have to go through this again!

How did this work out for you? At the start of the pandemic I got all my legacy Rock Band stuff working on PS4 and it took forever, combing through download histories and the like to get all my songs working.

Hoping to get my hands on a PS5 some day and will probably devote a chunk of the internal SSD to Rock Band 4. Hoping there's an easier way to transfer everything other than downloading hundreds of individual songs again.

wbloop

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
How did this work out for you? At the start of the pandemic I got all my legacy Rock Band stuff working on PS4 and it took forever, combing through download histories and the like to get all my songs working.

Hoping to get my hands on a PS5 some day and will probably devote a chunk of the internal SSD to Rock Band 4. Hoping there's an easier way to transfer everything other than downloading hundreds of individual songs again.
I hooked up my external HDD which I used on PS4 to the PS5 and it immediately worked without issues. DLC was recognized and even on the HDD I noticed a loading advantage, although I ultimately decided to move the game to the internal SSD. So using an external HDD probably is the easiest method if you have tons of DLC.

Sunbro83

Oct 27, 2017

You'll have to download everything again. It's made easier though. Highlight the game and choose "manage game content" and you'll get a list of all the DLC you own. You do have to click add on each one at a time.

Protip: don't mash down and X and add 750 songs at once. That crashed my PS5. Do them in blocks of 100 or so at a time.

The other issues I had were related to external storage and since you're planning on using the SSD that shouldn't be an issue. I'm also hoping external storage gets a little more stable with the next few firmware updates.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
How do the disc export works? I have the AC DC Track Pack for PS3, how do I export those songs to Rock Band 4 ?

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
Thought about doing the export for PS4 but I already have a few hundred dollars in the Xbox ecosystem, as well as all the 3 mainline entries exported.

Sigh, gotta hunt for instruments and stuff

Rewrite

Oct 26, 2017
Fontana, California
Question....

I have the disc version of RB4 and saw that the Rivals bundle is on sale for $24 digital. I redownloaded all my DLC/have RB4 on my external. Am I able to purchase the digital version and then transfer my DLC to the internal SSD or would I have to re-download all my DLC again?

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Question....

I have the disc version of RB4 and saw that the Rivals bundle is on sale for $24 digital. I redownloaded all my DLC/have RB4 on my external. Am I able to purchase the digital version and then transfer my DLC to the internal SSD or would I have to re-download all my DLC again?
On Xbox at least, your disc install just converts to digital and you can start the game without the disc. It was a seamless experience.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think that happens on PS5. I still need the disc in order to play it off the external.
Ah yeah, I know on PS4 at least they force you to redownload the digital version as it's considered a "different game". For other games the DLC carried over though, so I would assume RB DLC would work the same way...

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
Bought a Brook Wingman XB, and I have a Xbox 360 Wireless Adapter. Just need to find a Wireless 360 guitar and see if that works with RB4.

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Finally decided to play this on my Xbox Series X after transferring it to the internal drive three weeks ago. Damn does it load fast. Can't even read the loading screen stuff anymore.