• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

bakedpony

Oct 27, 2017
Hey rock band era. My yellow drum pad died. Any recommendations for songs that doesnt use it too much? Wonderwall is a good example

OP
OP
MrNelson

MrNelson

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Eao4Sw_WsAAeAM9

Vimes

Oct 25, 2017
Just want to say MrNelson that I appreciate you bumping the thread every time there's new DLC. I haven't bought anything in a while but it's the only way I keep up with RB anymore.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Agreed, nice to get news of what's releasing. Been playing once or twice a week in big chunks over the last couple months. Finally closing in on having played all of my songs.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks MrNelson !

Hyped for Converge. I'm an old school Converge fan and I'm both delighted and terrified to get to play Dark Horse.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
I'll get a song if it's good or fun, I suspect these will be neither lol That's okay though, still a lot of DLC on my wishlist.

pacman85

Sep 12, 2018
I'll get a song if it's good or fun, I suspect these will be neither lol That's okay though, still a lot of DLC on my wishlist.
Yeah I still have 150+ songs on my wish list so I have been getting a few songs here and there. It's a good way to get new songs even on weeks with DLC that I have no interest in.

Skiptastic

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if anyone else has had this issue or not, but if you have the Xbox One Legacy Adapter, never, ever, EVER take the mini-USB out of the adapter itself. Pretend like it is a wired cord. Prevent it from coming apart at all costs.

I have found out the hard way that if you remove that cord, you are very likely going to not have the adapter work anymore. And the adapter is now OOP so it is ridiculously expensive. :(

Rewrite

Oct 26, 2017
Fontana, California
If there's one thing I look forward to even if the dlc songs don't interest me is seeing the awesome announcement banner they always create. I can't be the only one that loves how creative they are sometimes RIGHT!?

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
So...

I was a huge Guitar Hero player back in the day. Got an itch to play this lately so I undusted the PS3 with the guitar and all, with the ony one I had (Smash Hits). Rusty path, my hands are not what they used to be but I'm improving. Got Guitar Hero Metallica and went into a spiral of "What if I play this now". Long story short, ended up giving a try to the Rock Band series.

And I should have really played them before. I mean I did only like twice I think, but never gave them much attention. I like the different approach to songs. I'm playing Rock Band 3 with some DLC and the customization of playlist for the career mode and the classic band to stars story is a cool departure from the more fantastical ideal of the Guitar Hero stories (that I liked though). I mean you don't play these games for the story, but I think it's a pretty cool thing since GH3.

Having a rough time finding the drum kit for either game. I don't know the situation in the States, but in this third world country every drum kit avaliable sells quickly and they are a hard find.

Now going on to Rock Band 4, I really don't know if it's worth it since it seems that most of the songs I like aren't avaliable anymore. I kind of feel sad that these game didn't regained strenght. I blame Activision.

Anyway, good to know there's an active RB scene in ResetEra

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, drums are hard to come by everywhere. Best bet is probably to find a used set somewhere. Good luck! Drums are the best so I hope you can somehow find a set.

FhDH8yh.png

OP
OP
MrNelson

MrNelson

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
EelOOSqXsAARd9g

They announced the next two weeks today. There's a pack out Thursday that gets you all four songs. If you don't want that, Shiver and Speed of Sound will be out individually this Thursday, and Champion of the World and Something Just Like This will be out next Thursday.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Keep seeing threads pop up of stuff accidentally being relisted on the Microsoft store. Why can't they goober and put the handful of songs I would like but missed out on back up?🥺

OP
OP
MrNelson

MrNelson

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Keep seeing threads pop up of stuff accidentally being relisted on the Microsoft store. Why can't they goober and put the handful of songs I would like but missed out on back up?🥺
I feel that. Back when they were gearing up for RB4, there were quite a few fuck ups when transitioning content over to PS4. There were packs that were mispriced (I paid like $3 for all of Dr. Feelgood) and a bunch of delisted songs that showed up. Even along the way as they added exports they accidentally put some up available for anyone to claim. I got the Metal Track Pack that way, and I'm still kicking myself for missing the Lego export when it was up for like 6 hours.

pacman85

Sep 12, 2018
Eg1augEXsAIKg47

I think they've said that there's an update planned for this year, but I can't find anything official, so not 100% on that.
Interesting info about the update. The anniversary of RB4 is coming up in about a month so hopefully they do some kind of update around then. At least some bug fixes/QoL improvements.

As far as the DLC for this week, Theory of a Deadman makes their Rock Band debut and THIS is the song they go with???? I'm not a huge fan of the band but know at least 5 other, more popular songs they could've picked.