• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah

Save Data is transferable!
Will all of my DLC and save data transition over?

All DLC currently available for download will also work on new consoles. No messy generation transition this time, it's the same DLC!

Save data can transfer over on both consoles. If you're playing on Xbox and have saved on the cloud recently, it'll do so automatically! On PlayStation®, you can use a few methods, like cloud saves for PlayStation Plus members, or hard drive transfers, to get the data from your current console to your new one.

Online Multiplayer still available!
I'm getting a next-gen console, but my friend is not. Can I still play with them?

Online Multiplayer will also function across generations within their console family. So, Xbox Series X/S players will be able to play online with Xbox One players and vice versa, same on PlayStation 5 with PlayStation 4 players.

We hope to continue support for Rock Band 4 for the foreseeable future! Thank you for your continued dedication and passion to the series, we're so happy to be able to bring you this good news ahead of this next-gen launch

PS5 controller can function as a mic!
Anything else we need to know to get started?

On the PlayStation 5, there's a microphone in the controller, and the console defaults to that microphone, which Rock Band 4 recognizes. If you want to use a regular USB mic, you'll have to change that in your console settings. Also, just as a heads up, any USB mic should still work.

Currently confirmed instrument compatibility list:
For reference, here is the full list of instrument controllers we tested. This is not a comprehensive list. Generally, if it worked on Rock Band 4 on Xbox One and PlayStation 4, it should work on next-gen.

• Mad Catz RB4 Fender™ Stratocaster™ Guitar (Xbox)
  • Mad Catz RB4 Drums (Xbox)
  • PDP RB4 Fender Jaguar™ Guitar (Xbox)
  • PDP RB4 Drums (Xbox)
  • Mad Catz RB4 Fender Stratocaster Guitar (PS4)
  • Mad Catz RB4 Drums (PS4)
  • PDP RB4 Fender Jaguar Guitar (PS4)
  • PDP RB4 Drums (PS4)
  • Mad Catz RB3 Fender Stratocaster Guitar (Xbox, Mad Catz Wireless Legacy Adapter required)
  • Mad Catz The Beatles™: Rock Band Gretsch™ Duo-Jet™ Guitar (Xbox, Mad Catz Wireless Legacy Adapter required)
  • Mad Catz RB3 Drums (Xbox, Mad Catz Wireless Legacy Adapter required)
  • Mad Catz RB2 Fender Stratocaster Guitar (Xbox, Mad Catz Wireless Legacy Adapter required)
  • ION® Drum Rocker (Xbox, PDP Wired Legacy Adapter required)
  • Mad Catz RB3 Fender Stratocaster Guitar (PS3, Dongle required)
  • Mad Catz RB3 Drums (PS3, Dongle required)
  • Mad Catz RB2 Drums (PS3, Dongle required)
  • Mad Catz RB2 Fender Stratocaster Guitar (PS3, Dongle required)
  • ION Drum Rocker (PS3)
**We were not able to test peripherals from other games, but we believe previously supported instruments should work as expected.

And yes load times are reduced!

Last edited:

Snarfington

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I am really hopeful that BC will help to trim load times for this one. I am partial to a bit of Rock Band on the weekend and I love that they're still chugging along with it as a platform.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
That's awesome. Wish it was still easy to actually find sets though, I miss playing RB a lot.

Patrick Klepek

Editor at Remap, Crossplay
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Near Chicago
I messed up by tossing all my Rock Band stuff a few moves back. I briefly looked into getting some stuff and holy crud it's expensive.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
As someone who plays a lot of Rock Band still, I'm excited for my excessive library to load much faster!

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, they announced it a week ago or so, but said they couldn't say much more.

I guess they were waiting for PS5's BC article and same for Xbox

Scott

Oct 27, 2017
Great, now re-release the controller adapter so I don't have to pay $300+ for it.

MrNelson

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Good to hear! Now they just need to find a willing sucker manufacturer to get some fresh controllers out there.

Odd that they weren't able to test any of the old GH controllers. They say they should work without issue though, so hopefully there won't be any new unexpected surprises when I go to use my GH5 guitar on PS5.

SolidSnack

Oct 28, 2017
This is very good news for Alex Navarro. The drum streams shall live on, with even better load times.

grizzmo

Oct 31, 2017
So if you have the adapter for the ps3/360 instruments....it should work?
Looking at the compatibility list, the PS3 ones had a dongle, so as long as you have that, it should work going to PS5.

The 360 needs a legacy wireless adapter though, which from a quick google is damn near impossible to find at a reasonable price.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Any word on them doing a limited run of more hardware?

I don't see this happening honestly. Facebook Marketplace is your friend. Snag one when somebody is selling it and doesn't know what it's worth ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I drove 2 hours for my full Rock Band 4 kit but got it about a year ago for £80. Amazing price.

t67443

Oct 30, 2017
I don't see this happening honestly. Facebook Marketplace is your friend. Snag one when somebody is selling it and doesn't know what it's worth ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I drove 2 hours for my full Rock Band 4 kit but got it about a year ago for £80. Amazing price.
At some point that will no longer be a reasonable option unless more equipment is put on sale. Or I can settle for another Rock Band Blitz.

EDIT: Ya closest option to me is over 3 hours away and $600. Not worth it.

Last edited:

Deband

Oct 29, 2017
Anyone with some knowledge wanna write up best software and hardware for a beginner? Or is it beyond beginner prices now.

MRYEAH

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The hall across the room
This was the news I Was waiting for.
Great to hear the 1200 songs plus transfer from 360 to Xbox one won't happen again that was the longest transfer I have ever endured with slow internet back then
Great to know all my rock band friends we play with are still going to be available even if they don't upgrade right away.

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
I want to see footage of this on backwards compatibility PS5/XSX. I remember the game chugging badly when you have a large DLC library.

Alec

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 27, 2017
Louisville, KY
I just got an ION Drum Rocker, PDP Wired Legacy Adapter, Fender Strat, and an Official Wireless Legacy Adapter (all Xbox) for $150 on FaceBook Marketplace. Absolutely killer deal. It's been so long since I was really, deeply into Rock Band but I'm excited to get back to it. Have over 1000 songs in my library.

Bedlam

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Nice.

Since I'm still playing RB3 on Xbox 360 from time to time, this seems to be a good reason to jump back into a new Xbox generation after skipping the last one.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
I wish my drum set still worked. Batteries are loose and it keeps losing connection. I'd jump in again now that new TVs actually have low enough input lag to play comfortably.

t67443

Oct 30, 2017
You can find custom adapters called roll limitless for xbox and ps4 to 7th gen guitar and drums if you can find them cheap.
I've ordered a midi kit for e-drums but still haven't received confirmation.
I still have my Rock Band 2 usb stuff. If that's an option for Xbox sign me up.
We hooked up Lego Rock Band for my kids the other day and they seemed to get hooked on trying more.

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Excellent news, since I still play.

I remember the rollout for RB4 was a nightmare, not to mention the loss of keyboard and pro instruments... one day.......

so1337

Oct 28, 2017
Great news! I'll probably end up with a Series S dedicated to playing Rock Band at some point. The initial load time on Xbox One is pretty brutal (and I assume I doesn't help that I have 500+ DLC songs installed.)

Plus, my Xbox One S is making funny beeping noises ever since I dropped half of a disassembled entertainment center on it.

pezzie

Oct 27, 2017
I still have PS3 rock band and guitar hero guitars, will those work on PS5? Never got past RB2 but thinking of picking up RB4.

RF Switch

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
This is fantastic news and we need an instrument refresh badly. Probably a stupid question but would offering them through a Kickstarter help so that whatever is made is actually already sold?