• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Roche?

• Yes

Votes: 224 24.4%
  • No

Votes: 395 43.0%
  • More!

Votes: 300 32.6%

• Total voters
Oct 25, 2017
The fucking guy fucks.

The introduction.
The motorcycle fight.
The over the top moves that are absolute non sense.
The dialogue.
The score.
The boss fight. The fact that he heals you right before it.

I love everything about this character.

Chapters 1 and 2 of FF7 are close to perfect as far as adaptions go, but Chapter 4 is the best thing I've played this year.

Listai

50¢
Oct 27, 2017
I wanted to like him, but he's more of an action sequence than a character.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
As a first-time FF7 player, my only disappointment is he just disappears. He was one of the few characters that seemed to be having fun and I figured he was like a warning about what happens to SOLDIERS after being exposed to too much Mako and war.

I felt like I understood him. Meanwhile, I was just scratching my head at Sephiroth.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I felt like he was just there to throw you a FF7AC action like setpiece, and then he disappeared.

Tiamant

Oct 28, 2017
Trash character aimed towards the Advent Children and Dirge fans. I hope he had a heart attack while the ghosts assaulted Shinra HQ and re-evaluated his life choices.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
Roche was great, hype to see him in the next game.

Trash character aimed towards the Advent Children and Dirge fans. I hope he had a heart attack while the ghosts assaulted Shinra HQ and re-evaluated his life choices.
Got some bad news for you, they plan to give love to all of the connected FF7 games + AC in future games as well.

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017
As a first-time FF7 player, my only disappointment is he just disappears. He was one of the few characters that seemed to be having fun and I figured he was like a warning about what happens to SOLDIERS after being exposed to too much Mako and war.

I felt like I understood him. Meanwhile, I was just scratching my head at Sephiroth.
That's what makes him all the more impressive. I was scratching my head the first time I saw him in the trailer, but in context he just works despite not being in the original.

All of Chapter 4 I'm like, where is this going and then it just kept escalating and the crazier it got the more I loved it.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
This is the good filler in Remake

Leslie's boring sewer adventures is bad filler, give me 5 more Roches over that guy and I'd like Remake a lot better

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
He felt like a really satisfying Yakuza fight.

yeah that's a good comparison. If we had met swords clashing and then cloud and him had both torn off their shirts to display their cool mako tattoo or whatever the fuck that'd have been good

Jaoox

Oct 27, 2017
Hard to give a definitive answer right now but he was really fun.

I'm looking forward to what happens to him in the next one.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was shocked he didn't come back later. He just shows up, fights Cloud and then literally never shows up again. I thought he was cool but underused, I thought he might show up again at the end.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
This isn't much of a big spoiler or anything but since OP hasn't played much of the game I'm putting it in spoilers anyways

It's dumb that the game introduces him in a way that makes him seem like a reoccurring character only for him to never show up again. He could have been cool but as is it's whatever.

Gorger

Oct 25, 2017
Norway
I love Roche and I really hope we'll see him in the next game. The sexual tension between him and Cloud was through the roof, god damn! Why are y'all hating on him?

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017

Mako poisoning doesn't do that. He's just cringey because that's how it was written.

DrHercouet

May 25, 2018
France
I loved him. Good banter, good gameplay, huge radiant bisexual energy, yep he's 100% my dude. The kind of filler I dig.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Hes a reckless moron that seems to do more damage to his own side for sure. Id like to at least have them explain this character a bit more. Otherwise other than a few action sequences and a boss fight, hed just be worthless beyond an excuse to give you some shit to do when you go topside again.

Gorger

Oct 25, 2017
Norway
This isn't much of a big spoiler or anything but since OP hasn't played much of the game I'm putting it in spoilers anyways

It's dumb that the game introduces him in a way that makes him seem like a reoccurring character only for him to never show up again. He could have been cool but as is it's whatever.

They had a chance to include him in some capacity during the bike scene at the end of the game, but they probably didn't want to deviate from the original. I was a little disappointed we didn't see him.

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
I liked him.

Was cool to see a different soldier and a different faction of Avalanche

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Dogshit character with some really cool Advent Children style cutscenes with Cloud. I'm indifferent.

Tiamant

Oct 28, 2017
Roche was great, hype to see him in the next game.

Got some bad news for you, they plan to give love to all of the connected FF7 games + AC in future games as well.

Well, I've got some bad news for you too. Apparently, they plan to give love to all of the connected FF7 games + AC in future games as well.

WinFonda

Oct 27, 2017
USA
He was annoying. For a game that was mostly well-written and characterized, this felt like some advent children type shit slipped in.

Midgarian

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 16, 2020
Midgar
Fucking loved him and was disappointed we didn't see him later in the game.

Like a boss out of the classic MGS games. Definitely was written purposefully to be cheesy and melodramatic, a bit of comic relief.

I want to see him on some highway elsewhere on the World Map. Don't know where would be a logical place for there to be a Highway? Gold Saucer perhaps? Imagine him turning up during the Chocobo Race hahaha.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Roche was great and that chapter was probably the best new added section to the game. People who complain about Roche or the motorcycle segment are boring as hell.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
boring character for sure, and those bike moves of his are really dumb, but overall I really liked the whole bike chase sequence, and the sword fight with him was fine too

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
Heidegger was way more cringey and he was also boring AND he's also in the original.
Roche was fun.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I expected him to show up in later chapters, but was surprised when he didn't. Guessing he'll be back in Part 2 though.