• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
RNDP_1920x600.png

PTKq7fr.png

Title: Robotics;Notes ELITE&DaSH Double Pack
Platforms: PlayStation®4 / Nintendo Switch™ / Steam®
Release Date: October 13, 2020 (NA), October 16, 2020 (EU)
Rating: ESRB T - PEGI 12
Genre: Adventure / Visual Novel
Developer: MAGES.
Publisher: Spike Chunsoft
Player(s): 1

SyDPPdZ.png

Robotics;Notes ELITE

In the near future, the PhoneDroid--a device which features augmented reality--has risen in popularity in Tanegashima.
On that island, Central Tanegashima High's "Robot Research Club" is about to have their club disbanded.
Despite their predicament, Kaito Yashio, one of only two members in the Robot Club, couldn't care less and would rather play a robot fighting game.
His counterpart, the reckless club leader Akiho Senomiya, ignores Kaito as she strives to keep the club from being disbanded by completing their giant robot.
One day, for some odd reason, Kaito finds an A.R. (augmented reality) annotation titled "Kimijima Report."
It contains details about a plot involving the entire world written by a man named Ko Kimijima.

Robotics;Notes DaSH

In 2020, the rapid growth and spread of the online information infrastructure is bringing the entire world closer together. The rise of robot technology has resulted in not just industrial, but consumer use of robots becoming a common sight.
The recent robot rebellion incident in February was thwarted by high school students from Tanegashima. Still, the global crisis was enough to reveal how fragile the highspeed information society truly is.
Six months have passed and Tanegashima is booming with commotion in preparation for its summer festival. The main character, Kaito Yashio, graduated high school and is currently studying to become an astronaut. On a return trip home, he encounters Itaru Hashida, a friend of Nae Tennouji who works at JAXA.
Kaito reunites with the alumni members of the Robot Club: his childhood friend Akiho Senomiya and Junna Daitoku, as well as Frau Koujiro and Subaru Hidaka, both of whom are still members of the Robot Club. They also reunite with Airi, who they met during the incident in February.
The Robot Club spends their summer days with Nae Tennouji and Itaru Hashida when, suddenly, strange incidents begin occurring all over the island, harbingers of a tragedy about to hit the entire world...

9BszpVZ.png

rnd_ev_aki010a.png

Kaito Yashio
Third-year student at Central Tanegashima High and the main character of the series. He's the second half of the Robot Research Club. His lackluster, indifferent attitude results in people considering him unreliable. A dedicated fighting game otaku who is currently ranked fifth in the world in Mobile Battler Gunvarrel Kill-Ballad ONLINE (KB), a robot fighting game. His goal is to become #1 in KB. Despite being part of Robot Club and playing KB, he has zero interest in robots.
The only time he gets serious is during a competition. Whenever anyone asks for a favor, he childishly demands they beat him in a match of KB first.
His attitude drastically changes when it's about winning; he hates to lose. His childhood dream is to become an astronaut.

Akiho Senomiya
Third-year student at Central Tanegashima High, president of the Robot Research Club and Kaito's childhood friend. She is the positive, hyper, and reckless type who often gets carried away. Her goal is to finish the giant robot that her older sister Misaki Senomiya, who founded the Robot Research Club, created. She works hard to reach her goal.
She's obsessed with a character from a famous robot anime and quotes him all the time, putting on a pair of red-framed glasses whenever she does so. However, her eyesight is totally fine.

Subaru Hidaka
Second-year student at Central Tanegashima High. His overconfidence and vast knowledge of robot science makes him act arrogantly even to his elders. He has many fan girls thanks to his handsome looks and cool demeanor, but due to his stoic personality he is not used to interacting with girls.
He bumps heads with Akiho often as she loves Gunvarrel-type robots and he prefers realistic robots. He also has a tense relationship with his father, who hates robotics.
Contrary to his cool demeanor, when he gets nervous he starts sweating and slurring his speech.

Junna Daitoku
Third-year student at Central Tanegashima High. A cute, puppy-like karate girl. While cowardly and easily teary-eyed, she has the inner strength to care for her whole family by herself. She's a hard worker, but her self-doubt has held her back from obtaining a black belt. She has never won a single official match.
She likes urban legends and collects all sorts of rumors about them. Sometimes she investigates urban legends herself, sneaking out to locations where they're said to occur. However, she cannot handle occultic stories and is terrified of ghost stories.
She is always in need of sleep due to cooking breakfast, lunch, and doing house work late into the night for her family. If she's not careful, she can fall asleep anywher

Frau Koujiro
A negative, bad-mannered, shut-in otaku who uses outdated internet lingo IRL. She's a programmer who created Mobile Battler Gunvarrel Kill-Ballad ONLINE, a robot fighting game which boasts over 20 million users. She meets Kaito through KB, but otherwise has no interest in human interactions. She doesn't even try to listen to people unless they grab her interest.
She likes fantasizing about boys' love and reads old doujinshi while creepily laughing.

Airi
A tidy and proud little girl. The younger sister-type, she tends to be very proper yet still has an innocent childishness. She calls Kaito "Big Brother" and cherishes him. She doesn't know how to doubt others and sulks when she's treated like a child.
Sometimes her personality seems to mysteriously change and she becomes emotionless. She appears to have a deep connection to the Kimijima Reports.

PhhdGBi.png

Robotics;Notes ELITE

719BZaxxnUL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

814AEC3xoUL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

71LVBsrg7sL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Robotics;Notes DaSH
818E4yBWoXL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

81Iiwjs47EL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

81Z8OtD8ftL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

pqsSNhC.png

Robotics;Notes ELITE Announcement Trailer

Robotics;Notes Double Pack Announcement Trailer

Robotics;Notes Double Pack Character Trailer
youtu.be

ROBOTICS;NOTES DOUBLE PACK Character Trailer | NSW, PS4, Steam (PC)

Take a sneak peek at the English version of ROBOTICS;NOTES ELITE and DaSH and each unforgettable member of the Robot Club! This trailer features iconic scene...

Robotics;Notes Double Pack Release Trailer
youtu.be

ROBOTICS;NOTES DOUBLE PACK - Release Trailer | Nintendo Switch, PS4, Steam

ROBOTICS;NOTES ELITE & ROBOTICS;NOTES DaSH from the Science Adventure series are coming to Nintendo Switch, PS4, and Steam on 10/13/2020 in North America and...

DeYR9Nj.png

ROBOTICSNOTESDOUBLEPACK_EndSlate_r23-768x432.jpg

TMI0irt.png

Robotics;Notes ELITE Reviews
Metacritic: Switch (N/A), PS4 (N/A), PC (80)
Opencritic: Switch/PS4/PC (80)

Robotics;Notes DaSH Reviews
Metacritic: Switch (N/A), PS4 (N/A), PC (N/A)
Opencritic: N/A

The scores will be updated as soon as they will be available for the respective websites and platforms.

6dQZ9U4.png

verBLjx.png

Is Robotics;Notes DaSH a direct sequel to ELITE, or can I play the two titles in the order I prefer?
DaSH is a direct sequel to ELITE. Therefore, you must play ELITE before DaSH, otherwise you won't be able to follow the story in the sequel, and you will be spoiled about the events of the other game.

I read the these two Robotics;Notes title belong to a series, called Science;Adventure, to which other titles like Steins;Gate and Chaos;Child belong. However, I have never played any title of this title. Can I play ELITE and DaSH anyway?
How have you never played Steins;Gate? Go and play it!
This is a difficult question to answer - considering that I have not played the two games yet.
However, you should be able to play Robotics;Notes ELITE without having played other titles of the series. The best scenario would be to have played Steins;Gate before Robotics;Notes ELITE, but most of the story should be totally understandable without having played it. This is my opinion having watched the Robotics;Notes anime. If others have a different opinion, be free to share it! I will accordingly update this answer.
Things are more complex for DaSH. To enjoy and understand it the most, from the reviews it seems that having played Steins;Gate, Steins;Gate 0 andChaos;Child is needed. Be aware that a main character of Steins;Gate and Steins;Gate 0, Itaru Hashida, appears in DaSH as well, as advertised in trailers and images. So at least Steins;Gate should really be played before DaSH.

I have watched the Robotics;Notes anime, but I don't understand to which game it corresponds.
The anime adapted part of the Robotics;Notes ELITE game. Some parts were clearly cut because the material was too much for the available time of the anime, so I would recommend playing ELITE before daSH even though you have watched the anime.

Why are they selling two titles at the price of one?
This was a fantastic and unexpected decision by Spike Chunsoft. They could have sold both of them at full price, considering the high quality of these visual novels. We can be really grateful to Spike Chunsoft for this localization, so desired and awaited by Science;Adventure fans.

I will update the FAQs in the future, on the basis of the discussion in this thread.

I want to thank purseowner for the precious contribution and suggestions in improving this OT!
Whoever has other suggestions is free to post them in this thread as well! Thank you!

Last edited:

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Hurrah, we have an OT, and it's a great one! :)

Looking forward to diving in on Friday when this releases in Europeland.

kodax_shc

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Thanks for putting this together. My copy showed up on Monday and the package is really nice.

Will be nice to have a place to come back to read thoughts on the game when I get around to playing it in 2021 sometime. Just played Raging Loop and Yuno back to back so I need a break from adventure games.

Derkon

Oct 25, 2017
Will say the Day One pin set is nice quality.

Looking forward to the VN of this as I wasn't too impressed by the anime but I was interested in the overall setting/plot.

KOfLegend

Jun 17, 2019
How are these games? My only experience with Sci;Adv are the two Steins;Gate games, and I loved both. Not expecting these two titles to be as good as those, but are they at least almost as good? (I asked this in another thread but I'd love to hear more opinions!)

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
I hope I have time to play the games later this year, I finished 13 Sentinels a few days ago so I'm resting from VN type of games for a while, but knowing this is from the creators of Steins;Gate makes me really interested.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious to check them out at some point. Haven't finished 13 Sentinels yet so won't be diving in at launch.

dodo667418

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 28, 2017
I'm excited for this package. Visual novels on the Switch are awesome. I quite liked some anime I saw a few years ago and I'm generally a fan of the science universe. Can't wait to jump in. I actually ordered the US version for the nice packaging, we don't seem to get that here in Europe.

OP
OP
Dany1899

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
How are these games? My only experience with Sci;Adv are the two Steins;Gate games, and I loved both. Not expecting these two titles to be as good as those, but are they at least almost as good? (I asked this in another thread but I'd love to hear more opinions!)

Since I have not played them yet, I can't answer you with certainty. Besides, many games in the Science;Adventure series are divisive: I think of Chaos;Child as example, since many people consider it the second best game in the series, while others don't like it at all.
However, according to the reviews, the two titles are "Science;Adventures titles" to the core. I just report an extract of a review written for ELITE:
As is the standard in the SciADV series, Robotics;Notes' story starts slow, but after a few chapters (which are called "Phases" here), the plot quickly picks up, and it becomes a thrilling, high-stakes adventure as the main characters get tangled up with mysteries and conspiracies in true Science Adventure fashion. The cast of characters encountered throughout the game is interesting, unique, and lovable. Every main character has their own backstory and an interesting quirk, and each of them deals with some kind of issue or obstacle that they try to overcome over the course of the main story. The character development in the story is believable and very human—there are many points throughout the story where you can't help but root for the main characters as they tackle a particularly difficult challenge to their identities, their goals, and their dreams
www.kirikiribasara.com

Robotics;Notes Elite Review - Kiri Kiri Basara

Originally released in 2014 in Japan, Robotics;Notes Elite is the third game in the Science Adventure series, and together with its sequel, Robotics;Notes DaSH, it is the latest in the series to receive an English localization thanks to the efforts of Spike Chunsoft, Inc. Both games will be...

In other reviews, I have also read that the relationships between all the main characters are developed better than in other Sci;ADV titles, where most of the developed relationships are between the main character and the supporting ones (from this point of view, Chaos;Head is the worst of all).
Therefore I recommend you to read some reviews (in the VN Community Thread many reviewers posted their own), but I think you would not be dissapointed by the R;N games.

OP
OP
Dany1899

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
I'm excited for this package. Visual novels on the Switch are awesome. I quite liked some anime I saw a few years ago and I'm generally a fan of the science universe. Can't wait to jump in. I actually ordered the US version for the nice packaging, we don't seem to get that here in Europe.

I think the EU version prepared by Numskull Games has the same packaging as the US version, if this image appearing on an European Amazon is correct:
81H1Y9xQjsL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Alaxend0l

Dec 6, 2017
I've been hyped to play these games for nearly a year, and I'm loving what I've played so far. (About 2 hours) The characters are really likable, I'm getting used to the 3d visuals quickly, and the soundtrack's really nice.

But yeah, you'll probably need to play at least Chaos;Head before it. For anyone who's only read/watched Steins;Gate so far, while I still really like Steins;Gate and 0, Chaos;Head and especially Chaos;Child blew them out of the water, at least for me.

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
I've been hyped to play these games for nearly a year, and I'm loving what I've played so far. (About 2 hours) The characters are really likable, I'm getting used to the 3d visuals quickly, and the soundtrack's really nice.

But yeah, you'll probably need to play at least Chaos;Head before it. For anyone who's only read/watched Steins;Gate so far, while I still really like Steins;Gate and 0, Chaos;Head and especially Chaos;Child blew them out of the water, at least for me.
That's interesting, I felt the Chaos; was really lacking compared to Steins; .. I didn't dislike Chaos; by any means though.

Also as a heads up for people, don't suspend the game without pausing on PS4 lol it'll keep going & going.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Loved Chaos;Head, ambivalent toward Steins;Gate, despised Chaos;Child (easily one of my least favorite of all VNs) which soured me greatly on the Science Adventure universe. Expecting to wait for discounts before considering this.

RyougaSaotome

Oct 25, 2017
Hope you all enjoy! It was a blast being on the loc team for both of these games.

Just delightful characters who are very easy to root for.

They're also handle the slice of life bits the best of any of the science adventure games, IMO. They have a very relaxed tone up until shit hits the fan, and because they're both set on Tanegashima, they have this neat islandy, cozy feel.

AwShucks

Oct 27, 2017
I love Steins;Gate (and 0) and I enjoyed Chaos;Child. I'll throw this on my to buy list.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you for the OT! I finished the game three days ago and my review for Elite went up yesterday (PSX Brasil) on Opencritic. While not as good as Steins;Gate or Chaos;Child, Robotics;Notes Elite is still very much worth it, at least for SciADV fans.

Buttonbasher

Dec 4, 2017
Excited to dive into both. I kept getting an error trying to redeem the MyNintendo Gold Coins on the Switch physical version though. Anyone else run into that? Said I was in the wrong region despite both being in sync.

dodo667418

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 28, 2017
European trailers and promo material seemed to suggest we do, despite the outer box image not being on most retailers' sites. Guess we'll see on Friday.
I think the EU version prepared by Numskull Games has the same packaging as the US version, if this image appearing on an European Amazon is correct:

Well then rip to my wallet haha. I only ever saw the cover at all the UK retailers I checked, none showed the extra packaging. It's only a difference of like ~15€, so it's not a big deal. Looking forward to playing it.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Got my PS4 copy yesterday. I'd like to dive in but my time is taken up elsewhere atm. Hopefully soon!

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Hope you all enjoy! It was a blast being on the loc team for both of these games.

They're also handle the slice of life bits the best of any of the science adventure games, IMO. They have a very relaxed tone up until shit hits the fan, and because they're both set on Tanegashima, they have this neat islandy, cozy feel.
Hadn't realised you'd worked on this - cool stuff

AwShucks

Oct 27, 2017
Thank you for the OT! I finished the game three days ago and my review for Elite went up yesterday (PSX Brasil) on Opencritic. While not as good as Steins;Gate or Chaos;Child, Robotics;Notes Elite is still very much worth it, at least for SciADV fans.

Did you not have any issues with the translation/localization? The VN subreddit seems to be up in arms about the translation misinterpreting things, outright getting some translations wrong, and changing the behavior of some characters. I'm hesitant but at the same time if I don't know anything about the original Japanese script then it's not like I'll know what was changed.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Did you not have any issues with the translation/localization? The VN subreddit seems to be up in arms about the translation misinterpreting things, outright getting some translations wrong, and changing the behavior of some characters. I'm hesitant but at the same time if I don't know anything about the original Japanese script then it's not like I'll know what was changed.

I don't speak or read japanese and as far as someone who only knows english, I didn't find any issues with the localization myself. That said, that was just my experience and people could find issues that I didn't during my time with the game.

Flevance

Oct 28, 2017
Thanks for the OT! Got Elite, I'll decide on whether I'll get Dash or not once I'm done with it

Jaysc

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait to play this. Was waiting for this to come out so I can jump into the robotics;notes side of the story.

For people playing on PC, I suggest waiting for the committee of Zero patches:

OP
OP
Dany1899

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017

Thanks to you, the full localization team and Spike Chunsoft for contributing in bringing the Robotics;Notes titles to the West!
I have read in some reviews that the localization isn't perfect (e.g., "Frau Bow," a reference to "Fraw Bow," was rendered as "Frau-bo" , while the term "Ka-Trooper" is rendered as "Cartrooper,"), and there are come incosistencies with the translations of terms used in Steins;Gate. However, personally I am sure that all these things won't bother me at all, since English isn't my mother-tongue and therefore I don't search for perfection in the localization of a game. As a fan of the Science;Adventures series, I think we should just be happy that these games have an official English localization. I still remember when I was thinking about spoling myself everything about DaSH at the beginning of 2019, because I was sure that it would have never been translated in English. But it is just my opinion, of course.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
My friend has been obsessed with Steins;Gate for like two months. This motherfucker keeps saying stuff like "EL PSY KONGROO" and "It is the choice of Steins;Gate", and I have no idea what he's talking about.

PPFmWTp.png

Are you supposed to play the games before you watch the shows?

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
My friend has been obsessed with Steins;Gate for like two months. This motherfucker keeps saying stuff like "EL PSY KONGROO" and "It is the choice of Steins;Gate", and I have no idea what he's talking about.

PPFmWTp.png

Are you supposed to play the games before you watch the shows?
The shows are all condensed versions of the games and I think most people would agree that other than the Steins;Gate anime, most of them do not compare well to the games themselves.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
The shows are all condensed versions of the games and I think most people would agree that other than the Steins;Gate anime, most of them do not compare well to the games themselves.
What is it about the anime for Steins;Gate that makes it such a good adaptation?

XenoKefka

Oct 30, 2017
What is it about the anime for Steins;Gate that makes it such a good adaptation?
I don't think anime version is bad, but I would strongly advise to play the game first: it builds up the story and character development in a much slower but much better and understandable way.
Actually I would recommend the Elite version, which is basically an expanded Anime version.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think anime version is bad, but I would strongly advise to play the game first: it builds up the story and character development in a much slower but much better and understandable way.
Actually I would recommend the Elite version, which is basically an expanded Anime version.
Personally, I would recommend the original VN then the anime, since the Elite version still omits content.

Also,
subjective I suppose, but I felt that the anime did significantly better with Kurisu and Okabe's relationship. It felt like a much more convincing transition from friendship to romance there, whereas it felt like a huge swerve in the VN to me, particularly given how much more focus was placed on Okabe and Mayuri in the VN (made even more jarring if not on the true ending path).

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
It's so refreshing to be able to take this at pace, the characters are really gonna get some room to breathe really. After coming from 13 Sentinels where everything is constantly thrown at your face it's honestly really freakin' cool to sit back & just enjoy it but the game still already throwing light mystery elements is good in my book.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Well it getting 24 episodes versus the 12/13 the Chaos anime adaptations got certainly allowed it to hit on plot points more and not feel as rushed as those two did for example. As the others mentioned though, to get the best experience of any Science Adventure title, you are better off reading the visual novels.

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else's pins detach from their backs? Seems like the glue wasn't great on a couple of mine, and they were moving around loose in the box. Superglue easily fixed it, but still kind of a bummer.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
There are only two amazon reviews on this, and both complain about a broken pin set. That has me a little worried.

heavy liquid

Oct 27, 2017
Just started the last chapter, and looking forward to starting DaSH next. Soo good! I'm really invested in all the characters, although Frau is my favorite. 2 ez.

OP
OP
Dany1899

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Amazon notified me that they have had issues with the supplier (Numskull Games, I suppose), and now they don't know when and if they will send my copy... I don't want to cancel the order because now the price went down to 41€, but really, the management of physical games by Numskull Games is so poor across Europe. Every time I must wait weeks, or months (like for AI: The Somnium Files) before playing their games.

Last edited:

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Digital versions of both games and the double pack have a launch discount which I wasn't expecting. Dont see that often for games with physical versions at launch.

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
Can't wait to play this. Was waiting for this to come out so I can jump into the robotics;notes side of the story.

For people playing on PC, I suggest waiting for the committee of Zero patches:

Mmmm so the console version has localization issues and is not going to be fixed? It seems like this patch is fanmade...

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Sadly the game didn't arrive for me today :( (ordered from base.com) but hopefully tomorrow or Monday.

Still need to beat Chaos;Child But whatever, been looking forward to Elite and Dash for a while. :D

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Amazon notified me that they have had issues with the supplier (Numskull Games, I suppose), and now they don't know when and if they will send my copy... I don't want to cancel the order because now the price went down to 41€, but really, the management of physical games by Numskull Games is so poor across Europe. Every time I must wait weeks, or months (like for AI: The Somnium Files) before playing their games.
I don't know how much it costs to ship to where you are, but base.com ship across Europe I believe. They still have stock and I've found them to be very reliable.

www.base.com

Robotics; Notes Double Pack (Nintendo Switch)

Check out this product and more at Hit

Mine arrived today - can confirm Europe gets the nice outer box.