• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
YUUUUUUS

KiuOMLg.png

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
It's a shame that October is so far away, but at least we're getting both this year.

RampagingSoul

Oct 25, 2017
Glad we are getting both and we have a release date. In on day one unless something happens. They have separate pages on Steam for Elite and Dash so I am guessing they will be sold for $30 each on there at launch.

calc84maniac

Oct 25, 2017
So what is this and how is it related to Steins Gate?

Steins;Gate is part of a connected series called Science Adventure, which are all set in the same world. Robotics;Notes Elite is a story that happens post true end of Steins;Gate with a different cast of characters, though there are some returning elements. Robotics;Notes DaSH is a sequel to Robotics;Notes Elite which involves some Steins;Gate characters more heavily.

The original release order of the main games (and remakes) in the series goes:
Chaos;Head (NoAH)
Steins;Gate (Elite)
Robotics;Notes (Elite)
Chaos;Child
Steins;Gate 0
Robotics;Notes DaSH

Of these, only Chaos;Head is not officially available in English, though there is a fan translation for the original PC version of it. A fan translation group is currently working on its remake, Chaos;Head NoAH, though there's no estimate on when that will be available.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Any gotchas this time with the art or anything?

I'd like a VN or two on the Switch but there is always something wrong or etc.

Oct 27, 2017
Steins;Gate is part of a connected series called Science Adventure, which are all set in the same world. Robotics;Notes Elite is a story that happens post true end of Steins;Gate with a different cast of characters, though there are some returning elements. Robotics;Notes DaSH is a sequel to Robotics;Notes Elite which involves some Steins;Gate characters more heavily.

The original release order of the main games (and remakes) in the series goes:
Chaos;Head (NoAH)
Steins;Gate (Elite)
Robotics;Notes (Elite)
Chaos;Child
Steins;Gate 0
Robotics;Notes DaSH

Of these, only Chaos;Head is not officially available in English, though there is a fan translation for the original PC version of it. A fan translation group is currently working on its remake, Chaos;Head NoAH, though there's no estimate on when that will be available.
Thanks for the info.

I am going to see if I can get a japanese copy of Chaos Head and read through it before this comes out then.

PlatStrat

Oct 27, 2017
So what's the overall consensus on the story? I was not a big fan of the Steins;Gate VN but I loved the anime. I also watched Steins;Gate 0 but that was also pretty meh.

koutoru

Oct 27, 2017
Nice to finally get a release date on it.
I've been looking forward to play this in in english for years, so this is definitely an easy pick up for me.

craven68

Jun 20, 2018
Didn't like the anime...i may try the VN if it's good !! i really like the visual novel Chaos head and stein gate.

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
Jeez... So many must-buy releases this year... Glad to see a release date though - I'm going to have to get these ASAP.

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
How are those games compared to Steins Gate ?
It's more slice of life. It has a IT JUST GOT REAL moment like S;G, but the stakes are nowhere near as high.

The cast are fun, though. The show's been localized, so you can check that out too, but by all accounts, the VN is way better.

Also, the PS3 cover is way better.

pa.214133.6.jpg

Also also, since they show no gameplay:

The 3d models are super impressive. I wish they wouldn't shy away from it.

Fans aren't idiots, they know it's a VN.

Solid278

Aug 26, 2019
I'm excited! Should I play the first Robotics;Notes before Chaos;Child, and the latter before DaSH, in release order, or are they essentially unrelated? (Also, I guess we will probably get Occultic;Nine eventually, so I should hold off on importing?)

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
I'm excited! Should I play the first Robotics;Notes before Chaos;Child, and the latter before DaSH, in release order, or are they essentially unrelated? (Also, I guess we will probably get Occultic;Nine eventually, so I should hold off on importing?)
You don't need to play Robotics;Notes before Chaos;Child. Also Chaos;Head isn't needed; even though some elements of that game are present in the game, they are quickly summarized at the beginning, and you would just lose some minor references. Instead,, DaSH is a sequel and you should not play it before Robotics;Notes.

Solid278

Aug 26, 2019
You don't need to play Robotics;Notes before Chaos;Child. Also Chaos;Head isn't needed; even though some elements of that game are present in the game, they are quickly summarized at the beginning, and you would just lose some minor references. Instead,, DaSH is a sequel and you should not play it before Robotics;Notes.
Ok thanks! I figured as much. I will end up playing Chaos;Head though, despite hearing it's... not great. I already have the Vita version sitting on my shelf!

Oct 25, 2017
Ok thanks! I figured as much. I will end up playing Chaos;Head though, despite hearing it's... not great. I already have the Vita version sitting on my shelf!
I heard that Chaos;Head wasn't great but I honestly really enjoyed it. Probably the weakest entry available in English atm but it was still a fantastic VN with an overwhelmingly oppressive atmosphere. Highly recommended.

I feel like it gets a lot of flak due to the absolutely awful anime adaptation.

Solid278

Aug 26, 2019
I heard that Chaos;Head wasn't great but I honestly really enjoyed it. Probably the weakest entry available in English atm but it was still a fantastic VN with an overwhelmingly oppressive atmosphere. Highly recommended.

I feel like it gets a lot of flak due to the absolutely awful anime adaptation.
Thanks for the recommendation! The truth is I bought the Dual Pack that comes with the dating sim spinoff, so that represents a lot of relatively slow Japanese reading. I didn't much care for the Steins;Gate dating sim spinoff either. So I've been hesitating a bit :p but I'm excited to check it out.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Bumping again to ask if anyone wants to make an OT, as the games are now out in the States. I can't throw one together right now. Shizuka do you want to make one?

If no one makes one, I can fling something together tomorrow. It's evening now UK time though and I'm busy so can't right now.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
I can't make one either right now. Worst case scenario, we continue talking about the game here.

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
How do I interact with subtext in the background? Shame there's not enough hype for an OT, feels bad man the only games I'm ever interested in never get any backing here.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I want to finish Chaos Child before starting this, but I do plan to get and play it.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
I don't like the transition from the fully hand-drawn characters and backgrounds to the polygonal character models on the 2D backdrops. The art on the characters was so wonderful, this just looks like generic anime. I'm very early.

How do I interact with subtext in the background? Shame there's not enough hype for an OT, feels bad man the only games I'm ever interested in never get any backing here.

Press the L2/LZ button, and go into the IRUO option on the menu, and it will allow you to pan around and read the descriptions for the different named items and people on a screen.

Last edited:

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Is there a read order to the whole science adventure series or does it not matter outside of obviously connected games?
Release order. From what I've read in reviews, RN Elite you should ideally read SG before, for Dash you should read SG, 0 and Chaos Child before.

Status
Not open for further replies.