• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Silver-Streak

Oct 25, 2017
I actually really enjoyed the recent remake, mostly because I saw it as someone making a full action film inspired by the main story beats of the original, rather than trying to fully remake the satire filled intentions of the original.

Not sure anyone can pull off a proper remake/sequel to the first 2.

Oct 28, 2017
This will never work until they realize what made the original Robocop so timeless in the first place.

I'd buy that for a dollar.

N.Domixis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Going the Terminator route I see.

Just make this at this point:
61n4GlVsF0L._SX334_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
Robocop, The Terminator, Captain Kirk and Darth Vader

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
This will never work until they realize what made the original Robocop so timeless in the first place.

I'd buy that for a dollar.
With a property like this I think you need enough camp and self awareness to go along with the ultra violence or it ends up coming off as ghoulish and out of touch. If they go the PG-13 route then they might as well not even bother. It's going to end up being completely cheesy without the hard edge.

Oct 25, 2017
There's a reality out there where Blomkamp directed a new Alien and a new Robocop..

Please send me there
Blomkamp's style seemed like a perfect fit for robo returns even if not all of his movies have been slam dunks
That's probably the reality that rains donuts too while I'm stuck in the shitty one
Who on earth sees a guy who has done one zombie comedy and is like "yeah give him the keys to robocop for sure"

Mariachi507

Oct 26, 2017
Has this script from the original writers ever been made available? Is there any hope of this being ok?

Charsace

Chicken Chaser
Nov 22, 2017
I actually really enjoyed the recent remake, mostly because I saw it as someone making a full action film inspired by the main story beats of the original, rather than trying to fully remake the satire filled intentions of the original.

Not sure anyone can pull off a proper remake/sequel to the first 2.
The reboot was ruined by studio execs. It starts out decent but once he gets back to Detroit you can see where the execs fucked it up.

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
Was interested if Neil was still involved. Regardless of what you think of chappie he does amazing fx work

Would love to have seen his version of Aliens and now Robocop

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Remake was better than the original.

I'm not tied down by rose tinted glasses, shoot me.

Pyramid Head

Oct 27, 2017
Remake was better than the original.

I'm not tied down by rose tinted glasses, shoot me.
Even standing on its own merits, the remake was a complete nothing movie. No story, no villain, no characters, no lines, no action, no memorable scenes, no memorable music, no great effects.

The remake is a forgotten vapor with the faint odor of a turd.

Vinx

Sep 9, 2019
They better get moving if they want to beat the deadline, like they did with the new Pet Sematary.

The rights to RoboCop will go back to the writers in just 3 years.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I am down if it's rated R, but even even so.... nothing will be as special as the original one. The original Robocop is a movie I'll show my kids in a few years. Nothing can touch it. It is timeless.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Fuckin hell, Robocop gets ANOTHER reboot but we cant get a Dredd 2

This timeline is shit

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
At least it isnt the Chappie director...???

Gonna ignore this like I've ignored all post '87 Predator films, post-Cameron Alien films, and post Judgment Day Terminator films

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
Look, I want to see this, but this weird trend of doing "nostalgia sequels", ignoring the "bad sequels" is pretty dumb. Either you reboot or you don't.

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
Look, I want to see this, but this weird trend of doing "nostalgia sequels", ignoring the "bad sequels" is pretty dumb. Either you reboot or you don't.
They want to have their cake and eat it too. You can do a reboot but say 'oh but we like the original, honest!'.

If they pull this shit on Gremlins and try to ignore 2, I'll want blood. (Then again, they'll include the sequel too if it's beloved "enough", apparently, like Dark Fate.)

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
They want to have their cake and eat it too. You can do a reboot but say 'oh but we like the original, honest!'.

If they pull this shit on Gremlins and try to ignore 2, I'll want blood. (Then again, they'll include the sequel too if it's beloved "enough", apparently, like Dark Fate.)
I mean, there isn't a lot you would need to reference from 2.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
Paul Verhoeven is both alive, and still making films, Hollywood. Just fucking call the man if you want a sequel to his movie.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017

I'll be by your side with the pitchfork. Gremlins 2 will always be canon. The best canon.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
If this does actually go through, I hope they use whatever Blomkamp was able to finish before he had to leave, if he had started anything at all. I would rather they just wait tbh, because if anyone could do the film justice, it would have been him.