• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
So based on the text you wrote under the video this seems to be a reactionary piece against "The SJW". Mostly because you don't summarize shit and have multiple What do you guys think and I though this was interesting drivel that is often used by the alt right.

Learn how to do threads about political content right and don't use language that lets me see alt-right red flags.
Well I'm sorry I didn't summarize the whole video in the OP - which may keep people that haven't seen it from watching it. I just felt that we could have a discussion on it - I didn't realize it had been posted before.

Oct 25, 2017
I watched this a while ago and I believe it's just him for 20 minutes acting like Naughty Dog has been on the precipice of losing all artistic integrity by catering too much to the SJW crowd despite him basically admitting their games are still good. The part where he low-key freaks out because one of the devs shipped the LL characters together in what was basically twitter fanart was particularly silly.

Seems just like typical centrist smokescreen for shitty beliefs about women/LGBTQ in gaming and fiction.

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
Well I'm sorry I didn't summarize the whole video in the OP - which may keep people that haven't seen it from watching it. I just felt that we could have a discussion on it - I didn't realize it had been posted before.

Ok, but you keep saying "I wanna have a discussion" but are not offering any discussion points or are attempting to start one.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Why don't you actually start a discussion? Just posting the video doesn't do anything, talk about what you want to discuss.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
What is it that you want to discuss in regards to the topics this video raises? Just come out and say it.

kadotsu

Oct 25, 2017
I often wonder what makes people like you wake up and be epic like this. "Yes today I will finally use that cheat sheet I found on 4chan and red pill some dumb libs on era". I can't believe being this fucking pathetic but here we are.

OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
You keep saying discussion but are not offering anything.
I remember when Tomb Raider came out and the majority of my friends were completely against the idea of playing as a female - but I loved it! I want to see the progression of gaming, not only as a culture but in its diversity as well and I feel that this video is toxic in the fact that he masks a simple opinion into making it seem that he's both for and against it.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The video starts off - and I'll be honest, I got bored about 30 seconds in cos it had all this footage of boring Naughty Dog games - and he talks about how he's liked them fro "decades" yet doesn't show any of the terrible games they polluted the 90s and early 2000s with.
What the hell are you even talking about? Blabla too much boring Naughty Dog games, can't watch it for 30 seconds, blah? What?
Robin is a day 1 Uncharted fan. But now he thinks ND has an SWJ problem, because they don't care about good games anymore. And it's all about turning their characters gay. He is clearly following the wrong guys on twitter. And that's it.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I remember when Tomb Raider came out and the majority of my friends were completely against the idea of playing as a female - but I loved it! I want to see the progression of gaming, not only as a culture but in its diversity as well and I feel that this video is toxic in the fact that he masks a simple opinion into making it seem that he's both for and against it.

So you posted a toxic video for us to watch and give clicks to? This isnt some particularly important person that we need to respond to. It's a shitty seemingly gamergatorish type youtuber.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nice recovery *wink*

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
I love when game devs make their games progressive, but at the same time I do agree that it's becoming a huge focus of their games.
Don't get me wrong that's totally great, but at the same time I start to worry if it distracts them from the gameplay design and writing etc.

Regarding the ''is the fanbase alt right?'' discussion, I don't see much backlash like this back when Left Behind first came out and confirmed Ellie gay, in fact most people loved that. IRC Robin loved that too.

I personally absolutely loved it.

Akronis

Prophet of Regret - Lizard Daddy
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
OH NO NOT GAY PEOPLE IN VIDEO GAMES WHAT ARE WE GONNA DOOOOOOOOOO

#RISEUP

anyone who uses the term SJW unironically is a pile of shit

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Multiple Nathan and Elena kissing / cuddling scenes - perfectly fine

Ellie kisses a girl - FORCED DIVERSITY MALE GENOCIDE

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love when game devs make their games progressive, but at the same time I do agree that it's becoming a huge focus of their games.
Don't get me wrong that's totally great, but at the same time I start to worry if it distracts them from the gameplay design and writing etc.

Regarding the ''is the fanbase alt right?'' discussion, I don't see much backlash like this back when Left Behind first came out and confirmed Ellie gay, in fact most people loved that. IRC Robin loved that too.

Can you honestly tell me when a game being written as progressive has done damage to the gameplay design of a videogame? Like what are you even talking about?

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

How in the hell is it distracting from their game design jesus christ. How in the world can being progressive affect game design anyway? Is this a joke?

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

How is it becoming a huge focus on their games?

OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
I often wonder what makes people like you wake up and be epic like this. "Yes today I will finally use that cheat sheet I found on 4chan and red pill some dumb libs on era". I can't believe being this fucking pathetic but here we are.
What??

That's an insanely hot take on an innocent thread. I just wanted everyone's opinions on whether they think this guy has a point - or whether they think that he's shit. There is a discussion to be had here, but obviously this is not the time or place as evident by the posts so far in this thread.

kadotsu

Oct 25, 2017
What??

That's an insanely hot take on an innocent thread. I just wanted everyone's opinions on whether they think this guy has a point - or whether they think that he's shit. There is a discussion to be had here, but obviously this is not the time or place as evident by the posts so far in this thread.
Go back to cleaning your room please.

RABicle

Banned
Feb 18, 2018
Western Australia
Even what your saying is true, which is clearly not going by critical and sales reception, what does it have to do with the thread on hand?
Ok, I'm jsut trying to fit in. Everyone is posting glib one sentence responses so I figured we were communicating by subtext and inferred meaning alone.
I am questioning the video creator's credentials in caring about Naughty Dog because he doesn't have any interest in their earliest work (work that was truly without an agenda unless you're looking for meaning in bandicoots smashing crates.) The video author seems to mirror many other reactionaries and conservatives who can seemingly only detect an 'agenda' when it explicitly shows something that makes him uncomfortable and unable to notice an agenda when there's a whole trilogy reinforcing white male colonialist mentalities to the global south.

JayC3

bork bork
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
We do not provide a platform for RobinGaming or their content here.

Status
Not open for further replies.