• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Would you like to see Robin?

• Yes, as Dick Grayson

Votes: 64 37.9%
  • Yes, as Tim Drake

Votes: 24 14.2%
  • Yes, as Damian Wayne

Votes: 20 11.8%
  • No, but I do want to see Nightwing

Votes: 28 16.6%
  • No, I don’t want to see him at all

Votes: 33 19.5%

• Total voters

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
The DCU version of Batman has 20 years behind him already so there is a reason there - he'd already be Nightwing and I guess they had a lot of other characters to focus on.

I guess the Nolan trilogy tried to set up a Robin analogue, but it didn't go anywhere, really.

Both modern incarnations are at the beginning and tail end of Batman's career, but I'd really like to see a Batman a few years in, with a sidekick at his side.

Would you like to see Robin in a live action film again?

PennyStonks

Banned
May 17, 2018
Tim makes the most sense if you make him a bit older. At least with the type of movie DC has been putting out.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I kind of fear if they included him he'll either be Damian or be sacrificial lamb Jason Todd.

John Doe

Avenger
Jan 24, 2018
I would but it is tricky.

Is it a one-off movie or the start of a Batman franchise? I think the easiest way to do it would be to have Dick as Nightwing, Jason already dead , Tim as Robin and Damian is 6 or 7 years old. That way you can set off two or three movies centered around the Robins alone.

Or you could start with Death in the family and Tim becoming Robin in the same movie.

The more Robins, the comics shove into existence the more I wonder how Batman could have trained for 7 years, adopted Dick when he was 10, have three more Robins and yet still be 35.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
We need bat-dad, now more than ever.

If WB & Reeves were inclined, they could do a whole damn BCU - 6 movies of Pattinson growing into a father figure for all these Robins.

Laser Ramon

Oct 28, 2017
Honestly I still love the fan theory that Leto-Joker was a previous Robin that was driven mad by the original Joker and took his place after Batman kills him.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
I can see it happening. After Catwoman, Riddler and Penguin there's really just Robin and Joker left out of the core Batman '66 lineup.

It should be Dick, and an older brother / younger brother dynamic. Alfred is Bat-Dad.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Batfamily fans been starving, remember when there was supposed to be a NightWing movie?

Shroki

Oct 27, 2017
Imma just say it.

The whole Bat family concept is dumb and all of them can fuck off forever.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
Do Dick Grayson as Robin, then have him become Nightwing later, perhaps in his own movie, simple stuff that ought to have already been done in live action by now. Then do Tim Drake or someone.
Leave Damien Wayne somewhere in the dumpster.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Batman movies don't understand who Batman is.
b679af349ed671b30b4f5f1703226466.jpg

That's Batman.

Big Boss

Oct 27, 2017
Have it be Damien, but mix it with Jason Todd's arch.

joker kills Damien, talia resurrects him via Lazarus pit, Then becomes red hood.

affeinvasion

Oct 26, 2017
The presence of Robin, when done well, makes Bruce Wayne a more interesting character. It kind of doesn't matter which Robin it is. At the same time the whole protective father tension against willfully putting your ward at risk thing is played out.

I'd prefer to see Batgirl who is inspired by Batman so he feels responsible, but they don't have a parent/child dynamic. But also no romance...please.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I'm shocked at how almost every Batman movie has failed to acknowledge that Batman is not at his best when he's alone. He's at his best when he's with family.

hqdefault.jpg

Muitnorts

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Batman movies don't understand who Batman is.

That's Batman.
I honestly think it's hard to make a live action film that would convincingly combine him being a caring and supportive father figure while also throwing kids out in to the wild to fight crime.
It's just such a comic book idea and everyone has accepted it there. In cinemas it would come across as really odd.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Considering Dick Grayson is a more interesting character than Bruce, I agree. Gimme dat Robin to Nightwing transition in a movie series

Fubar

Oct 25, 2017
I want Batman to have Jason Todd as his partner, with Dick and Barbara playing a bit/background parts. Establish Todd as the likeable but headstrong 2nd Robin. A Robin that goes too far, using his position and training to get unneeded revenge on criminals and doing stupid things he think are right. Bruce, unable to change his own mind or accept that things can be done differently, works the entire movie to reign him in. The movie works hard at making the audience feel sorry for Jason and rooting for Bruce to help redeem/save him. Jason comes through in the end, realizing his faults, saves the day, gets forgiveness and acceptance from Bruce. Movie one's last scene is Todd's abduction. That's a cliffhanger that could keep people on edge.

Movie two opens with Todd's brutal beating and then death. Fading in and out of consciousness as the opening credits play. He dies and is gone for the whole movie. Bruce vs Joker or whatever, I dont care. I just want that soul-sucking opener of Jason's death haunting everything that happens afterward. I want a haggard Bruce pushed to the edge for revenge. Batman v Superman had that, but it was empty and unearned, a big fault that most people thought detracted from the movie. Give Bruce a better reason, push him past the edge, make audiences rethink just how much they want Bruce to get that revenge. Flash at how violent Jason was until Bruce helped him. Toward the end he is stopped by Barb and Dick, who help turn him good again, realizing that he doesnt need to avenge Jason, he needs to remember and learn from what happened.

Movie three is the Red Hood and Tim Drake coming in as the replacement. I want the whole damn Bat family there. Bruce, Dick, Barbara, Tim, all working to take down Todd, the villain that knows Bruce better than any others, the villain that unites all the others (Penguin, Two-Face, Riddler, Solomon Grundy, Ivy, everyone) to take him down.

We have had a dozen movies about Batman and his arcs. Use the new trilogy to help establish and create arcs for a supporting cast just as good but never as highlighted. Playing up that team aspect and doing it well would establish this series as much more and in a big contrast from everything that has come before.

Last edited:

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly think it's hard to make a live action film that would convincingly combine him being a caring and supportive father figure while also throwing kids out in to the wild to fight crime.
It's just such a comic book idea and everyone has accepted it there. In cinemas it would come across as really odd.

Not the same thing, but I feel people would definitely be accepting of a take on Batman Beyond

sersteven

Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia
Robin, or the boy wonder, or the young ward concept in fiction has aged terribly in my opinion.
It just seems highly inappropriate for Bruce to endanger minors, the spandex and costumes didn't age well and are borderline inappropriate. The look would have to be completely devoid of the original. It doesn't even make sense that a kid can beat up grown thugs.
The character concept is only good when using it as a foil against Batman's character. Stuff like the Red Hood, Batman making a mistake and causing someone he loves to be corrupted by pain and hatred is a timeless story. Kids getting beat up by villains isn't.

I have no issue with the bat family. I like Dick Grayson, Jason Todd, and Damian isn't bad either, but when you have to make so many freaking changes to the concept that it's not even the same character anymore, don't you think its time to retire the concept? I think it'd be cooler to see these characters stand on their own merits if you wanted to portray them. Or like someone above mentioned, Beyond is the perfect execution of the Robin concept and would translate much
Watching a kid follow batman on suicide missions with his state-sanctioned help isn't. Just my two cents IMO.

Last edited:

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nah, Robin sucks.
Even in the animated series he sucked. Best thing he's ever been involved in is being beaten with a crowbar by the Joker.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
Dick Grayson robin sucks. Either give me a retelling of Death in the Family or just bring on Nightwing and Damian 'Robin'