• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
I love the soundtrack. Maiden Voyage, Becalmed and this one are my favorites:

Or as Rare put it:

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Wow I didn't realize he was still at Rare! I believe he created a lot of the music for Killer Instinct back in the day. I want to say the KI theme was created by him but featured Grant Kirkhope on electric guitar.

Bear and bird

Oct 27, 2017
Really glad that Beanland got to compose for an adventure game again. It's been far too long. Even better to see him get award for it! Sea of Thieves' soundtrack is great. :)

Wow I didn't realize he was still at Rare! I believe he created a lot of the music for Killer Instinct back in the day. I want to say the KI theme was created by him but featured Grant Kirkhope on electric guitar.
He's mostly known for KI, Jet Force Gemini, Conker's Bad Fur Day and, of course, Sea of Thieves. Also made contributions to DKC1, Goldeneye, Nuts & Bolts, Fable Heroes among others.

First time really hearing it like this. That is a amazing song. Like LOTR, with abit of Zelda and Fable.
Uhh cant Rare source him out to Playground? Thanks. :P
Wouldn't be the first time he worked on a Fable game! Although Fable Heroes' soundtrack was quite a bit more "Rare-like" than the main trilogy.

Just beautiful. It actually reminds me of some of the songs from the soundtrack for Project Dream. I wonder if he was inspired by it?

AtomicShroom

Tools & Automation
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Robin Beanland is amazing! Second only to David Wise. Killer Instinct, Jet Force Gemini, Conker, and now this. Pure bliss!

StreamedHams

Nov 21, 2017
Beanland is a sweet last name.
You can tell he owns it by his twitter handle.

On topic, I love it when video game OSTs get prestigious awards that further legitimize the hobby.

It truly is art!