• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
...to Author Liza Mundy

FV4F_rOWYAIs0L5

people.com

Bill Nye Is Married! The Science Guy Star Weds Journalist Liza Mundy

Washington, D.C., native and beloved 'Science Guy' Bill Nye has said 'I do' to former Washington Post journalist Liza Mundy, PEOPLE can exclusively share

Bill Nye has found the woman he'll have chemistry with for the rest of his life!

PEOPLE can exclusively share that the beloved Science Guy married journalist and author Liza Mundy late last month at the Castle Building's Haupt Garden at the Smithsonian Institute in Washington, D.C.

Naturally, the couple's connection was forged over their shared love of learning and storytelling.

Mundy, a former Washington Post reporter and New York Times best-selling author, mentioned Nye's cryptanalyst mother Jacqueline Jenkins-Nye in her book Code Girls: The Untold Story of the American Women Code Breakers of World War II.

When Nye got word of the book, he wrote an email to Mundy, and the rest, as they say, is history.

On the couple's special day, Star Trek star Robert Picardo (who played The Doctor across the franchise) served as officiant.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Already knew about the wedding, but didn't know about Picardo.

Oct 27, 2017
OK OK I admit it you got me with that title OP. I was like "oh I didn't know BIll or Robert were gay, but good for them hope they will be ........ ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh".

Oct 25, 2017

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Every criticism I've heard of Bill Nye is because he DARED to suggest that Gender exists on a spectrum.

ostrichKing

Oct 25, 2017
Another tale of never meeting your heroes I guess
Yeah. And I know my examples are purely anecdotal, but each of the people I know were just so utterly disappointed. And who knows, maybe he is a lovely person in other situations/times, but what I've heard has really changed my perspective quite a bit on him. Best of luck and best wishes to the married couple though.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
Back in the day before he got a TV show with Disney, Bill Nye was on the local Saturday night Seattle sketch comedy show "Almost Live." It aired at 11:35pm here before SNL came on at midnight. They once held a contest to go on a date with him.