• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
The fact that he's nerdy enough to know about the multiple translations of Aerith's name shows he's not doing a bit.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pattinson seems like the most down to earth weird guy. I mean that in the best way possible. That one friend that loves their random interests and telling others about it with glea. I'd probably really enjoy having a drink and talking about anime with Robb.

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
"Ugh, why stupid nerds also have to be ugly".
"Hi, I'm Robert Pattinson, welcome to my 2 hour essay on choosing between Tifa or Aeris, or Aerith, depending on which version you're playing".

Zoe was still right about the 'healing girl' comment though.

And I'm surprised you didn't know about Robert Pattinson weirdness, look up his short film about getting a hot dog.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
Really selling Tifa short there, Rob. Mention Aerith's power but not even a whisper for Tifa's strength? 😆

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
He could have just said that Aerith is Team Edward and Tifa is Team Jacob
Hands down the funniest Robert Pattinson moment was during an interview for the last twilight movie the interviewer asked if it was a bittersweet moment, and his response was "FOR THEM!" reference the fans of twilight. Because he unironically hated twlight.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Hands down the funniest Robert Pattinson moment was during an interview for the last twilight movie the interviewer asked if it was a bittersweet moment, and his response was "FOR THEM!" reference the fans of twilight. Because he unironically hated twlight.

sub-buzz-5508-1573756949-1.jpg

sub-buzz-2032-1573766244-1.jpg

fcf03151835da710810e92f77dc35a2f.jpg

sub-buzz-11804-1489088342-1.jpg

3919731812daf85f190f0b5be0144585.jpg

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
lmao I love that he described Tifa perfectly. Aerith is clearly his fave and he is trying to sound neutral. Secret KING Aeris stan.

Zoe is just like "wtf these characters sound like shit stop talking about this."

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The look on Zoe going through the two options rofl. Her reaction is the best part of the clip.

lol, Robert didn't even choose. Tifa is more than a girl in a short skirt. She's a martial artist that will give you a free knuckle sandwich.

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
Five more Batman movies ASAP so I can see more media of Rob being a weird nerd around Zoe I want this shit more than the actual movies

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
I LOVE YOU RPATZ!!!!!

"It's the best", I'm crying.

His descriptions of Aerith and Tifa are super lame but he can be forgiven for loving the GOAT FF. Also the correct choice is, and always will be, Tifa. :)

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
As good of a place as any to mention

The second loudest i ever heard a theater erupt during a midnight showing was Cap grabbing mjolnir in Endgame

the first was the audience for Twighlight New Moon, in the scene on the top of a mountain where it's like, all cold and Bella is freezing a Edward is standing there helplessly because he's cold blooded and couldn't do anything.

then Jacob comes in, is all like Bella ill keep you warm

and then he looks at Edward and says "because everyone knows, I'm hotter than you…"

the absolute fucking thunderclap that exploded all around me had to be seen to be believed. Absolute pandemonium as popcorn and cookie dough bites rained down all around me

Last edited:
May 26, 2018

The second loudest i ever heard a theater erupt during a midnight showing was Cap grabbing mjolnir in Endgame

the first was the audience for Twighlight New Moon, in the scene on the top of a mountain where it's like, all cold and Bella is freezing a Edward is standing there helplessly because he's cold blooded and couldn't do anything.

and then he looks at Edward and says "because everyone knows, I'm hotter than you…"

the absolute fucking thunderclap that exploded all around me had to be seen to be believed. Absolute pandemonium as popcorn and cookie dough bites rained down all around me

*Sephiroth walks away with a smirk as ashes and cookie dough bites fall*

Ruisu

Banned
Aug 1, 2019
Brasil

I mean that was one of the few genuinely great moments in the books as well. It's not even about the line itself, just the build up to that unavoidable moment and the glorious smugness when it happens.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
It would have been even funnier if they pulled up the designs for both and showed Zoe. You just know she would have judged even harder. 🤣
Tifa only wears a skirt in the Remake. Fake gamer obviously
uh no she wears a skort in the remake. In the original it's a skirt.

Oct 27, 2017
Columbus, OH
Pattinson constantly says the most wild shit in interviews, I love him. This reminds me of his little pillows from a couple years ago.

Anyway, the story Pattinson tells to preface what he is about to do is roughly this:
Last year, he says, he had a business idea. What if, he said to himself, "pasta really had the same kind of fast-food credentials as burgers and pizzas? I was trying to figure out how to capitalize in this area of the market, and I was trying to think: How do you make a pasta which you can hold in your hand?"
He says he went so far as to design a prototype that involved the use of a panini press, and then, he says, he went even further, setting up a meeting with Los Angeles restaurant royalty Lele Massimini, the cofounder of Sugarfish and the Santa Monica pasta restaurant Uovo. "And I told him my business plan," Pattinson recalls, "and his facial expression didn't even change afterwards. Let alone acknowledge what my plan was. There was absolutely no sign of anything from him, literally. And so it kind of put me off a little bit." (Massimini says: "It's 100 percent true, everything he told you.")
Nevertheless, Pattinson says, he conceived of a brand name for his product, a soft little moniker that kind of summed up what he thought his pasta creation looked like: Piccolini Cuscino. Little Pillow. He thought he'd give the product another go, with me now: "Maybe if I say it in GQ, maybe, like, a partner will just come along."
So he now takes hold of the bag that he's brought from the corner store, out of which he produces the following:
One (1) giant, filthy, dust-covered box of cornflakes. ("I went to the shop, and they didn't sell breadcrumbs. I'm like, 'Oh, fuck it! I'm just getting cornflakes. That's basically the same shit.' ")
One (1) incredibly large novelty lighter. ("I always liked the idea of doing a little flambé, like the brand name, with kind of burnt ends at the top.")

Nine (9) packs of presliced cheese. ("I got, like, nine packs of presliced cheese.")
Sauce. (Like a tomato sauce? "Just any sauce.")
He puts on latex gloves. He pulls out some sugar and some aluminum foil and makes a bed, a kind of hollowed-out sphere, with the foil. He holds up a box of penne pasta that he had in the house. "All right," Pattinson says. "So obviously, first things first, you gotta microwave the pasta."
I watch as he pours dry penne into a cereal bowl, covers it with water, and places it in the microwave for eight minutes. He says using penne is already new territory for him. Usually he uses…well… "Do you know the pasta that's, like, a little, it's like a blob, a sort of squiggly blob?"
"Gnocchi?"
"No, no, no, no, it looks like—what would you even call it? It looks like a sort of messy…like, the hair bun on a girl."
"I have literally no idea what you're talking about," I say.
"There was one type of pasta that worked. It definitely wasn't penne."

Nevertheless, penne and water in the microwave for eight minutes. In the meantime, he takes the foil and he begins dumping sugar on top of it. "I found after a lot of experimentation that you really need to congeal everything in an enormous amount of sugar and cheese." So after the sugar, he opens his first package of cheese and begins layering slice after slice onto the sugar-foil. Then more sugar: "It really needs a sugar crust."
Then he realizes that he's forgotten the outer layer, which is supposed to be breadcrumbs but today will be crushed-up cornflakes, and so he lifts the pile of cheese and sugar and crumbles some cornflakes onto the aluminum foil before placing the sugar-cheese back on top of it. Then he adds sauce, which is red. The microwave dings, and Pattinson promptly burns himself on the bowl of pasta. He sighs, heavily, looking at it. "No idea if it's cooked or not." He dumps the pasta in anyway. At this point, his spirits have visibly begun to flag. "I mean, there's absolutely no chance this is gonna work. Absolutely none."
The little pillow now mostly built, he pours more sugar on top of it and then produces the top half of a bun, which he hollows out, places it on top of the rest of whatever the hell this thing is, and…begins burning the top of the bun with the giant novelty lighter. "I'm just gonna do the initials.…"
"You look like you're cooking meth," I say, because he does.
"I'm really trying to sell this company. I'm doing this for my brand."
At this point, he accidentally ignites one of his latex gloves, which promptly melts onto his palm. He yells in pain. Then he gingerly holds up the finished product: some approximation of a P, followed by a C, for Piccolini Cuscino, burned into the top of a hamburger bun.
He starts wrapping the whole thing up with more aluminum foil, and then compacts it, and then wraps it some more, and then squeezes it again. Suddenly he stops: "Can you actually put foil in an oven?"
I say yes, you can, but what you absolutely cannot do is put foil in a microwave. And he says cool, cool, and then he goes looking for his oven, which he's never used before, and this is a nice house, so there are multiple options, and the one he settles on, well: It looks like another microwave to me. He assures me it is not.
"I reckon probably…10 minutes?"

He puts the aluminum sphere, the little pillow, into what he thinks is an oven and I think is a microwave. He attempts to turn it on. "I actually knew how to do this before," he tells me. "I literally did this yesterday. And now it's just impossible. It's going to look like I can't cook at all."
He fumbles at some more buttons. "Oh, oh, oh," he says, excitedly now. "A thousand watts, there you go."
Proudly he is walking back toward the counter that his phone is on when, behind him, a lightning bolt erupts from the oven/microwave, and Pattinson ducks like someone outside has opened fire. He's giggling and crouching as the oven throws off stray flickers of light and sound.
"The fucking electricity…oh, my God," he says, still on the floor. And then, with a loud, final bang, the oven/microwave goes dark.
In the silence, Pattinson and I both stare at the mysterious piece of machinery built into the wall behind him.
"Yeah, I think I have to leave that alone," he says, sighing again, picking himself off the floor. "But that is a Piccolini Cuscino."

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017
Lol at Zoe's reaction.

Just erased like twenty years+ of gamer discussion with one sentence.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
Both Pattinson and Cavill are one of us.
Both Batman and Superman are one of us!!

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
Lmao Robert Pattinson has always been the best. I'm glad more people get to see how much of a dork he is.