• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RocketKiss

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
People need to accept that there won't be real movies in actual theaters for at least another year.

RocketKiss

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
there's real movies in actual theaters now.
Tenet was finished before COVID basically. Movies currently in production in full capacity theaters won't be back for a while. The movie business is dead until Avatar 2 opens and officially brings the theater experience back. A new era awaits.

New Mutants doesn't count.

J75

Sep 29, 2018
Insane that Hollywood insists on filming in the middle of this fucking mess. I know people gotta work, but how many lives is this gonna cost before things improve, if ever?

leburn98

Nov 1, 2017
Tenet was finished before COVID basically. Movies currently in production in full capacity theaters won't be back for a while. The movie business is dead until Avatar 2 opens and officially brings the theater experience back. A new era awaits.

New Mutants doesn't count.
You are forgetting about the all of the movies that were suppose to release in 2020 but are now delayed to 2021. The delayed 2020 films will provide a buffer for many studios.

The following films were either completed or in post-production before the delays:
Godzilla vs. Kong
Ghostbusters: Afterlife
Fast and Furious 9
Morbius
Venom: Let There Be Carnage
Top Gun: Maverick
A Quiet Place Part II
Spiral: From the Book of Saw

For a full list, you can find that here: https://www.vulture.com/2020/09/here-are-all-the-movies-and-tv-shows-affected-by-coronavirus.html

RocketKiss

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
You are forgetting about the all of the movies that were suppose to release in 2020 but are now delayed to 2021. The delayed 2020 films will provide a buffer for many studios.

The following films were either completed or in post-production before the delays:
Godzilla vs. Kong
Ghostbusters: Afterlife
Fast and Furious 9
Morbius
Venom: Let There Be Carnage
Top Gun: Maverick
A Quiet Place Part II
Spiral: From the Book of Saw

For a full list, you can find that here: https://www.vulture.com/2020/09/here-are-all-the-movies-and-tv-shows-affected-by-coronavirus.html
Yes like i said, new era doesn't commence until Avatar 2. Praise be.

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
I know these people have to get paid, but it seems like a bad idea to be filming movies during a pandemic...

Yeah...I'm surprised more people aren't callng out how incredibly stupid it is to film a ffucking movie of all things during a global pandemic. These mega film corporations can more than afford to pay low salaried staff aid.

dsosarod

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah...I'm surprised more people aren't callng out how incredibly stupid it is to film a ffucking movie of all things during a global pandemic. These mega film corporations can more than afford to pay low salaried staff aid.
The thing is that even though the can do that they are not doing it or plan to do it at some point, it's like fuck the people and let them be sacrificed so we can keep getting richer.

Warner and Disney can take the hit of paying something basic to their workers without them actually working but nope.

That's why these productions and going ahead and I think it will be close to impossible to not have situations like this one, where someone catch the virus and probably infectec someone else, in blockbuster productions.

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
The thing is that even though the can do that they are not doing it or plan to do it at some point, it's like fuck the people and let them be sacrificed so we can keep getting richer.

Warner and Disney can take the hit of paying something basic to their workers without them actually working but nope.

That's why these productions and going ahead and I think it will be close to impossible to not have situations like this one, where someone catch the virus and probably infectec someone else, in blockbuster productions.

On top of that they will release it in theaters which present super spreader like conditions. Hollywood is doing a double whammy of fuck you to public health. Robert Pattinson himself can use some of that Twilight money to help out some of the most needing crew. A vaccine should be out within the next 4 month's, and covid cases even on the US have declined month over month. Don't fuck it up at the finish line.

The Bookerman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
covid kills and maims young people who are in shape
covid-cost.jpg

This shit fucked him up.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
He's young and in shape so i'm hopeful he'll be fine.

Some professional athletes are ending up with heart issues and apparently 35% of those in the big ten/pac 12 had myocarditis.

healthy could just mean you not dying. But you could have insane long terms effects no matter what.

hopefully he recovers fully with no issues, just like any other person who gets this virus.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
Always worthy of being remembered. 34-year-old Rob may walk away fine but the onset atmosphere can only deteriorate further.
www.indiewire.com

Matt Reeves Opens Up on Death of ‘Batman’ Crew Member to Coronavirus

Andrew Jack passed away at age 79 from complications of coronavirus.
This film went though some legit shit so far. It officially became one of those Cursed Productions as of today in my eyes. DC´s bumpy ride continues and it´s Nr 1 IP is in the eye of the storm again.

Edit: An official press release of sorts:
www.hollywoodreporter.com

Warner Bros. CEO Talks ‘Batman’ Filming Halt, ‘Tenet’ Release Amid COVID-19

As the Christopher Nolan film 'Tenet' hits theaters in the U.S. and Batman Robert Pattinson tests positive for coronavirus, Ann Sarnoff says, "I think we never expected things to go completely smoothly."

Last edited:

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Hope his health isn't impacted by this too seriously and the rest of the crew can manage to avoid infection all-together. Terrible news. :/

Trike

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Nov 6, 2017
So I was right. Except somehow I wasn't because it was "only one other family"? FOH.

Nah, not really. You assumed he never stopped, which he did. Unless you are also assuming this event was the only one friend/family event he had planned since March.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
I hope he gets well soon. He's young and fit, but sometimes that's just not enough and we don't know if he has asthma or anything that hidden.

Also, to be a nerd.... Batman wears a cowl, not a mask.

bxsonic

Oct 30, 2017
Hope he gets well soon. Honestly, no movie production should start before there's a vaccine for this.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
Wishing Pattinson well and the best and hope anyone he may have been in contact with the same.o

dsosarod

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
They dropped a trailer with only 25-30% of the movie filmed? That sounds insane to me.
I don't watch trailers of teasers or anything before watching a movie, but as far as I know that Batman thing was a teaser. You could 100% do a teaser with a 25% shot, which was the amount they had shit when they edited that teaser.

Last edited:

Choco Momonga

May 24, 2018
I just don't understand how movies are not being paused. Like there was an HBO movie with Zendaya that was filmed during quarantine where all the actors and crew members had to quarantine in a hotel for like 12 days, then get tested and come to set. I think that's good, but if you have to do ALL OF THAT maybe make the movie later? It's bizarre.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
I just don't understand how movies are not being paused. Like there was an HBO movie with Zendaya that was filmed during quarantine where all the actors and crew members had to quarantine in a hotel for like 12 days, then get tested and come to set. I think that's good, but if you have to do ALL OF THAT maybe make the movie later? It's bizarre.
Tyler Perry recently did it in Atlanta. He set up a village on his studio property; everyone entered the bubble and weren't allowed to leave until filming wrapped and they came out with no positive tests.

Or maybe this is the same movie; don't know for sure.

But yeah, if they're adamant about filming, they NEED to do this.

Laserdisk

Banned
May 11, 2018
UK
He had to do press for Tenet sadly