• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
www.standard.co.uk

Hagrid actor Robbie Coltrane defends JK Rowling in trans row

Numerous Harry Potter stars have previously condemned Rowling's standpoint

Robbie Coltrane has defended JK Rowling from accusations of transphobia, saying he does not find her views offensive.

Harry Potter author Rowling has attracted strong criticism for comments on gender identity, but vehemently denies she is transphobic.

The row was reignited this week when a Sunday Telegraph review of her latest book, Troubled Blood, said it featured a "transvestite serial killer".

He told the Radio Times: "I don't think what she said was offensive really. I don't know why but there's a whole Twitter generation of people who hang around waiting to be offended.

"They wouldn't have won the war, would they? That's me talking like a grumpy old man, but you just think, 'Oh, get over yourself. Wise up, stand up straight and carry on.'"

Man, fuck Hagrid.

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
tenor.gif

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Why do these boomers always bring up the fucking war when people are rightfully offended by something.

Flannel_and_Assam

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 21, 2020
United Kingdom
"They wouldn't have won the war, would they? That's me talking like a grumpy old man, but you just think, 'Oh, get over yourself. Wise up, stand up straight and carry on.'"
You were born into a privileged family five years after the war ended mate, and lived in one of the most prosperous generations this country has ever seen. Get a grip.

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe if you are ignorant on a subject you should refrain from commenting on it.

Dizzy Ukulele

Oct 28, 2017
User Banned (1 Month): Dismissing legitimate concerns of transphobia as a lynch mob
He's right about one thing. There's always a Twitter lynch mob waiting for the next target to cancel, and he's just done a big 'yoohoo, over here' at them.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure the people whining about being challenged for once in their lives would've fared so well in World War II

Mett

Oct 29, 2017
"It wasn't offensive to me therefore its not offensive."

Good take, Robbie. :|

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
I can respect the loyalty on some level, but there's zero upside to defending JK Rowling right now. She's richer than any person has any reason to be, and she readily invites this discourse due to how entrenched into her views she is.

You won't change anyone's mind, merely throwing yourself into the fire for no real reason.

May 26, 2018
I can respect the loyalty on some level, but there's zero upside to defending JK Rowling right now. She's richer than any person has any reason to be, and she readily invites this discourse due to how entrenched into her views she is.

You won't change anyone's mind, merely throwing yourself into the fire for no real reason.

I mean unless one agrees with what's being said, in which case it's just backing up a fellow member, so-to-speak.

sweetie

Alt account
Banned
May 19, 2020
"they wouldn't have won the war" good lord, it says a lot that it's people like this defending her

DJGolfClap

Avenger
Apr 28, 2018
Vancouver
Stand up straight and hold your head high and simply shrug off the systemic abuse and oppression of trans people.

It's that simple!!!!

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
I'm sure the people whining about being challenged for once in their lives would've fared so well in World War II

I know you're joking, but they're typically of a generation of people whining about having to wear a face mask while shopping.

They'd be up top, refusing to take shelter and turning on every light in the house during the blitz, just to protect their freedom and own the libs.

Apr 11, 2018
Sweden
I'm so tired of JK Rowling, and I'm very sad, albeit not surprised, of this comment by Robbie.

Honestly, I've never been a big fan of Harry Potter, but I've always enjoyed the world, Hogwarts, and the characters. Kind of feel disappointed and don't really feel the "spark" anymore. I realize that this thread is on the EtcetEra board, but regarding the upcoming RPG, it feels draining knowing that JK most likely will get paid for it. I know the dev team is struggling with it too. Fantastic Beasts is easier to avoid since... It's the Fantastic Beasts movies lol.

Oh well. Fuck JK Rowling, fuck Robbie Coltrane, and fuck everyone that supports this anti-trans agenda she's trying to spread.

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.
"I don't know why but there's a whole Twitter generation of people who hang around waiting to be offended."

I'll never get this talking point -- like, yeah, we're just twiddling our thumbs and grinding our teeth just waiting for J.K. Rowling's vitriolic, bigoted assaults on a vulnerable minority.

And for all what? To destroy her reputation? She's doing a fine job of that on her own.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
He's going back to his "Lord Fauntelroy" childhood, he will start talking like Prince Charles again.