• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
JuwHSmS.png

CnGAlyN.png

Platform(s): PC, Xbox One, PlayStation 4
Release Date: June 9th, 2019
Genre: Action Adventure
Price: US$24.99
Player(s): 1-4 (co-op)
Format: Digital
Developer/Publisher: Cococucumberco
Size: ~650MB

tKLZMOZ.png

What is Riverbond?
"Riverbond is a fun and frantic couch co-op adventure game for 1 to 4 players set in a stunning voxel world. Embark on a heroic journey to complete missions, battle adorable enemies, and smash everything into tiny cubes! Will you and your friends be the legendary heroes of Riverbond?"

What is the structure of the game?
Riverbond is a level-based dungeon crawler.

Online co-op?
No. The co-op is local only.

Can I play it single player?
Yes.

Play Anywhere?
Unknown. It's a single listing for the Xbox/PC app but there is no Play Anywhere tag on the page.

Switch release?
Yes. But at a later date.
To those asking if Riverbond will be out on the Switch, the answer is yes - at some point after launch! 🎮 Thanks for your patience 🙏💕

Guest characters?
Yup!

edb99cd873c0f64a2a27eedb250a9269d79331ef.jpg

Game Pass?
Yes. Riverbond is available as part of Game Pass. If you are an active member of that service (game is on both the Xbox One and PC Game Pass platforms) you can play it without any additional cost.

yqMVDFA.png

ss_45abd15bd14cd2d0b742465172f5e9712d352bb4.600x338.jpg
ss_fcb5c755ff466671115ab0772d00f5dd6d847608.600x338.jpg

ss_ee79dacf9ea9addf310e143428faa9b613ca0ef1.600x338.jpg
ss_5804b46a1ef1c1ae69b5063e1b89b84af14f00ef.600x338.jpg

sJQ68D8.png

Metacritic - TBA

2C1yv81.png

Xbox One/Windows 10
PlayStation 4

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looked really fun, seems like a mixture of Minecraft Dungeon and a f2p twin stick shooter bullet hell game I used to play a while ago (can't remember the name). Will try it soon as it looks like my cup of tea. Definitely an intriguing addition.

willoneill

Developer
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
Toronto
Nice OT! I was the writer on this game, it was a fun one. Definitely meant to be very breezy and chill. Hope you all enjoy it!

Mollymauk

Oct 27, 2017
Nice OT! I was the writer on this game, it was a fun one. Definitely meant to be very breezy and chill. Hope you all enjoy it!
Did you ever consider going with the name Riverbottom, and have the final boss be the Nightmare Band? Just an idea.

Cute game. My son and I played through the first world tonight. Eggplant all the way.

willoneill

Developer
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
Toronto
Did you ever consider going with the name Riverbottom, and have the final boss be the Nightmare Band? Just an idea.

Cute game. My son and I played through the first world tonight. Eggplant all the way.

Oh man, naming it was one of those processes where I just kept slamming things onto the side of the word 'river' and maybe a few other water synonyms until I had a shortlist of things that felt like they rolled off the tongue. Collectively, we definitely knew we wanted a one-word title and I can't recall any of the others but 'Riverbond' was definitely the standout.

It was catchy, and it played into certain thematic ideas that I had for the script early on that didn't end up being that important down the road, but we were all happy with it and stuck. :)

The sweet spot for this game is parents playing with kids, for sure! I hope you dig the rest of the worlds as well!

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK
Been playing this local co-op with the kids, done a couple of the lines.

Really enjoying it, really straight forward for the kids too.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the game is very charming, the voxel style along with the polished physics make it really fun to roam around. The gameplay is simplicistic but the difficulty can get surprisingly high at times. Definitely an enjoyable game.